Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Using latest 34.3 version, installing over BG1EE using SR, there is error during installation of SCS without IWD spells, - and in that case some priest-centric components partially fails (druid creatures can't be patched).

The issue seems like present in file, diff below show fix:

diff --git a/stratagems/priest/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph b/stratagems/priest/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph
index 57a369d..559ba94 100644
--- a/stratagems/priest/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph
+++ b/stratagems/priest/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph
@@ -36,11 +36,11 @@ BEGIN
       END
 /////////////////////////////////////////// level 7 /////////////////////////////////////
       7 BEGIN
          PUSH spells ~BLESS FLAME_BLADE BARKSKIN~
          PUSH_RANDOM spells (CURE_DISEASE null)
-         PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null
+         PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null)
       END
 /////////////////////////////////////////// level 8 /////////////////////////////////////
       8 BEGIN
          PUSH spells ~BLESS BARKSKIN FLAME_BLADE CURE_DISEASE DEFENSIVE_HARMONY~
       END
@@ -52,12 +52,12 @@ BEGIN
 /////////////////////////////////////////// level 10-11  /////////////////////////////////////
       10 11 BEGIN
          PUSH spells ~BLESS BARKSKIN FLAME_BLADE CURE_DISEASE DEFENSIVE_HARMONY~
          PATCH_IF !fighter BEGIN
              PUSH_RANDOM spells (CHAOTIC_COMMANDS null)
-         PUSH spells IRONSKIN_PRECAST
          END
+         PUSH spells IRONSKIN_PRECAST
       END
 /////////////////////////////////////////// level 12 /////////////////////////////////////
       12 BEGIN
          PUSH spells ~BLESS BARKSKIN FLAME_BLADE CURE_DISEASE DEFENSIVE_HARMONY   ZONE_OF_SWEET_AIR~
          PATCH_IF !fighter BEGIN

On 12/26/2021 at 6:12 PM, boof said:

It would seem that mages in my game do not target 4 out 6 of my party members with spells, unless I am in melee range.

They will trigger their prebuffs, pop their initial triggers or contingencies, and will cast defensive and untargeted spells. Example: One of these "bugged" party members confronts a lich, lich casts timestop, maybe improved alacrity, then proceeds to stare at said party member, doing nothing or doing non-spell attacks with energy blades. I do the same with a non-bugged member, and they get barraged with spells, as they should. I've provided video of this:

Anomen and Jaheira are 2 of the 4 that are bugged.

Jan and Cernd are the only 2 that aren't.

https://streamable.com/8ri2l8

I notice that only single target spells actually cast at a creature are caught in this bug, i.e. in your vid the lich did use Malavon's Rage when a party member was close enough and also triggered a Chain Contingency with Incendiary Cloud at one of them whom he didn't deliberately attack with spells.

Considering that I'm guessing that the culprit is Stat 500: DO_NOT_TARGET_SPELLS

Here's the general type of targeting block in question, in stratagems/lib/ssl

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///   Single-target spells

BEGIN_ACTION_DEFINITION
	Name(Spell)
	TRIGGER
		!GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")
                HaveSpell(scsargument1)
		!StateCheck(scstarget,STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE)
		!CheckStatGT(scstarget,0,SANCTUARY)
		CheckStatLT(Myself,60,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
		!CheckSpellState(scstarget,DO_NOT_TARGET_SPELLS)
	ACTION
		RESPONSE #scsprob1
		SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",6)
		Spell(scstarget,scsargument1)
END

That stat seems to be set temporarily by the scroll of Protection from Magic, but perhaps permanently on some of your characters. What other mods do you have installed?

Hello @DavidW

First of all, a huge thank you for this absolutely wonderful mod that has been a mandatory install for me for the past 10 years 🙏

I have a very small quality of life improvement request, if you don't mind me asking.

While doing a run recently, using your "ease of use party AI", I thought it was really convenient, especially the lightning fast healing casts and auto Stoneskin but found something was missing from the advanced AI of the un-modded game: the auto detect trap for thieves. Which seems like a sensible thing to do for a thief anyway when not in combat and exploring dungeons :D If your AI is installed, the behavior is still available via other scripts but then, I would miss a lot of the flexibility of yours for my thief (even worse if it's multiclass 😱)

Do you think that's something you can include in a futur update?

I know you are probably extremely busy but I thought it would be a nice idea :)
Thanks!

On 12/29/2021 at 5:34 AM, polytope said:

I notice that only single target spells actually cast at a creature are caught in this bug, i.e. in your vid the lich did use Malavon's Rage when a party member was close enough and also triggered a Chain Contingency with Incendiary Cloud at one of them whom he didn't deliberately attack with spells.

Considering that I'm guessing that the culprit is Stat 500: DO_NOT_TARGET_SPELLS

Here's the general type of targeting block in question, in stratagems/lib/ssl

///   Single-target spells

BEGIN_ACTION_DEFINITION
	Name(Spell)
	TRIGGER
		!GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")
                HaveSpell(scsargument1)
		!StateCheck(scstarget,STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE)
		!CheckStatGT(scstarget,0,SANCTUARY)
		CheckStatLT(Myself,60,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
		!CheckSpellState(scstarget,DO_NOT_TARGET_SPELLS)
	ACTION
		RESPONSE #scsprob1
		SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",6)
		Spell(scstarget,scsargument1)
END

That stat seems to be set temporarily by the scroll of Protection from Magic, but perhaps permanently on some of your characters. What other mods do you have installed?

I put my weidu log in the initial post. It's changed at this point though, as I've scrapped the save game, reinstalled from scratch and started over, taking a few minor mods out, and flipping the install order of tweaks anthology and scs, for whatever that's worth.

I'm almost at about the same point in the game I was before, and things seem to be working so far. If it breaks again, I don't even know what I would do with the information you've provided as the extent of my knowledge is reading the newbie modding installation guide.

Edited by boof

Not sure if this is a display bug, but with the rebalanced troll regeneration trolls are taking extra damage from more sources than the readme states they would.

The readme mentions that for technical reasons they would take an extra point of acid and fire damage, but according to the combat log they're taking extra cold and even physical damage. They don't seem to take extra electrical however.

Only started noticing this upon completing the flail of the ages and every attack started taking up the entire combat window.

Short demo:

https://streamable.com/2hyeql

Edited by boof

It seams there is a bug with ployer , when you first enter the tavern in the docks where he supposed to curse jaheira nothing happens
P.S iam playing on steam

Hello,

I encoutered some error messages when installing SCS 34.3 on a french 2.6.6 BG2 :

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Potions pour PNJ (Potions for NPCs)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Spectateurs plus intelligents (Smarter Beholders (BG2, BG2EE, BGT, EET))

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Les demi-liches lancent des sortileges (Spellcasting Demiliches)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Oeil aveugle ameliore (Improved Unseeing Eye)

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Combat contre Irenicus a l'Asile ameliore (Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Drows ameliores (Improved Drow)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Antre d'Abazigal amelioree (Improved Abazigal's Lair)

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Rencontres mineures ameliorees (Improved Minor Encounters)

Spoiler

STRATAGEMS component 1510: Not copying resource EXALTAH.VVC of spell CLERIC_EXALTATION: namespace conflict
STRATAGEMS component 6000: 7XCRE54 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: C6WULF has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: C6WULF2 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: Tried to identify nonexistent weapon DANCE1.itm
STRATAGEMS component 6000: DOPTHI01 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: DW#VIDR3 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: FINGRUN1 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: FINGRUN2 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: FINGRUN3 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: HABIB has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: HABIB2 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: JAGA1 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: JELLGR has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: KINDAI has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: L#NDPAR has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: L#NSCLE has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: LISSA has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: MAJAN has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: MGAPPR01 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: MGAPPR02 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: MGAPPR03 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: O#MERC has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: O#MERC1 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: O#MERC2 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: OHHSPID1 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: Failed to insert script dw#gphlp above gpmerc in file OHRSGUA1
STRATAGEMS component 6000: Tried to identify nonexistent weapon ÿÿ.itm
STRATAGEMS component 6000: QUAYLE has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: SCHLUM has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: SLIFIS01 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: SLIFIS02 has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: THRAXI has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: VAELAG has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6000: WULFGAR has ranged but not melee weapon
STRATAGEMS component 6510: No need to add spell INNATE_FIEND_MASS_CHARM to spell.ids as it is already there at the right level
STRATAGEMS component 6510: Creature 7XCRE35 seems to have multiple fiend scripts
STRATAGEMS component 6550: Failed to patch hlvaxal.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 6550: Failed to patch beheld01.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 6550: Failed to patch udelder.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 6550: Failed to patch dw#eldo1.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 6550: Failed to patch dw#eldo2.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 6550: Failed to patch dw#eldo3.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 8020: Failed to patch demilich.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 8070: Failed to patch bheye.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 8140: Failed to patch uddrow17.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 8180: Failed to patch dw#lzsh1.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 8180: Failed to patch dw#lzsh2.CRE; error message was Out of memory
STRATAGEMS component 8180: Warning: you just tried to remove quotes from an empty string. Deliberate?

I also put my weidu log and SFO warning in attached files.

What could be the culprit ? Installation order of the mods ? Incompatibility with one mod ? Or the french language ?

WeiDU.log sfo_warnings.txt

Not sure if it's SCS causing this (though I couldn't imagine what else), but enemy summons seem to not do anything. They get summoned and then just stand there doing nothing. Seems to affect anything from celestials to random ogres.

EDIT: seems the only ones not affected are demons; djinnis, ogres, shadows, animals, celestials, elementals, spiders have all just stood there so far, doing nothing even if attacked.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Lord_Tansheron

In case this helps anyone, here are my steps to install SCS on MacOSX Big Sur for GOG-purchased BG1-EE:

1. Disable Mac OSX Gatekeeper to allow apps to be run from a non-trusted developer:
I was getting a permission denied error when running Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7.app, so I had to change the Mac Gatekeeper setting to allow from "Anywhere". Unfortunately, the Settings UI doesn't let you set it to "Anywhere", so you need to run this command from a terminal:

sudo spctl --master-disable
  1. Download latest SCS (osx version) from here:
Latest was v34.3 on 1/7/2022
  1. Download latest Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7 from here:
Latest was v7.5 on 1/7/2022
  1. Uzip/untar scs and Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7 and put the contents in the game folder (the same folder that has "chitin.key"):
For Baldur's Gate 1:

/Applications/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
  1. Run the WeiDu installer:
open /Applications/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7.app

This will open a new terminal with prompts to install individual components. Follow the prompts.
  1. Restore Mac Gatekeeper Settings to Default
sudo spctl --master-enable

This command reverses the spctl --master-disable command that you ran to set Gatekeeper’s “Allow app downloads from” setting to “Anywhere.”

Entropy Shield states that it should protect against remove magic, but it does not.

It seems to protect against it in the sense that the enemy will not cast remove magic if you have it on, but if an unprotected party member is around and gets it casted on them, the remove magic will work to remove entropy shield and all other buffs.

Example:

https://streamable.com/ese8vp

Edited by boof

Here are my findings so far with lastest SCS 34.3 on a Windows 2.6.6 BGEE install :

- the IWD druid spell Smashing Wave doesn't do anything

- some foes don't react when AoE DoT spells are cast on them : Davaeorn standed hopelessly in the Web + Spike Growth without activating pre casted spells or trying to teleport himself

- the dialog with Carsa is bugued : after successfully recover the jar without killing her, and dealing with the Ogre Magi, we can talk to her and sens her to Gullykin. But at Gullykin, Carsa have the same dialog lines as in the Firewine Bridge, and if send again to Gullykin, just restart the same dialog again.

- French traduction of the paw token for the Improved Shapeshifting component is not up to date. The one for the werewolf form have incorrect base AC (1 instead of 0) in the description.

- the journal entry for finishing ToSC quests incorrectly came when killing the last cultist, but Aec'Letec was still alive.

8 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

- French traduction of the paw token for the Improved Shapeshifting component is not up to date. The one for the werewolf form have incorrect base AC (1 instead of 0) in the description.

The typo seems to be present in english too, language from where this translation come from.

Spoiler

//EN

@13141 = ~This token enables the shapeshifter druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a werewolf. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells, but gains the prodigious strength and speed of the werewolf. Unlike a true werewolf, however, the druid is still affected by nonmagical weapons.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:
Base AC 1
Strength 19
Dexterity 17
2 attacks
Damage 1d8 slashing (attacks count as +1)
Magic Resistance 20%
Hasted
Immune to any effects that modify Strength or Dexterity

Usable only by its creator (equip as a weapon to use)~

//FR

@13141 = ~Ce symbole permet au druide métamorphe qui l'a créé de se métamorphoser à volonté en loup-garou. Lorsqu'il est sous cette forme, le druide est incapable de parler ou de lancer des sortilèges, mais gagne la force et la vitesse prodigieuses du loup-garou. Cependant, contrairement à un vrai loup-garou, le druide est toujours affecté par les armes non magiques.

PARAMÈTRES :

Sous métamorphose :
CA de base : 1
Force : 19
Dextérité : 17
2 attaques/round
Dégâts : 1d8 tranchant (les attaques sont considérées comme +1)
Résistance à la magie : 20 %
Sous l'effet de Hâte
Immunisé contre tout effet qui modifie la force ou la dextérité

Utilisable uniquement par son créateur (équipez-le comme une arme pour l'utiliser)~

On 1/8/2022 at 6:15 PM, Jazira said:

The typo seems to be present in english too, language from where this translation come from.

Reveal hidden contents

//EN

@13141 = ~This token enables the shapeshifter druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a werewolf. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells, but gains the prodigious strength and speed of the werewolf. Unlike a true werewolf, however, the druid is still affected by nonmagical weapons.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:
Base AC 1
Strength 19
Dexterity 17
2 attacks
Damage 1d8 slashing (attacks count as +1)
Magic Resistance 20%
Hasted
Immune to any effects that modify Strength or Dexterity

Usable only by its creator (equip as a weapon to use)~

//FR

@13141 = ~Ce symbole permet au druide métamorphe qui l'a créé de se métamorphoser à volonté en loup-garou. Lorsqu'il est sous cette forme, le druide est incapable de parler ou de lancer des sortilèges, mais gagne la force et la vitesse prodigieuses du loup-garou. Cependant, contrairement à un vrai loup-garou, le druide est toujours affecté par les armes non magiques.

PARAMÈTRES :

Sous métamorphose :
CA de base : 1
Force : 19
Dextérité : 17
2 attaques/round
Dégâts : 1d8 tranchant (les attaques sont considérées comme +1)
Résistance à la magie : 20 %
Sous l'effet de Hâte
Immunisé contre tout effet qui modifie la force ou la dextérité

Utilisable uniquement par son créateur (équipez-le comme une arme pour l'utiliser)~

My bad, I didn't check the english text, only the paw files.

I will play in english on my next run.