Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Guest Morgoth

If you install improved vampires, most of the allies you have get trashed in chapter 6 fight (referring to Drizzt, paladins, arkanis gath). Were they buffed/Have you thought about buffing them? 

BGEE with just SRv4b18 and SCS 34.3, mages are targeting invisible chr's with AOE spells as if they are using imp. invisibility. i.e SCS mage enables dw#mgsee for 1 round 193opcode and casts sleep then proceeds to chuck a few MMM's  at a thief sitting still hiding in shadows. 

Eg. of this guys script - 

Spoiler

IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")
    HaveSpell(WIZARD_SLEEP)  // SPWI116.SPL (Sleep)
    !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_INVISIBLE)
    !CheckStatGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),0,SANCTUARY)
    CheckStatLT(Myself,60,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
    !CheckSpellState(LastSeenBy(Myself),DO_NOT_TARGET_SPELLS)
    OR(2)
        !CheckStatGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),50,RESISTMAGIC)
        GlobalTimerNotExpired("targetcompromise","LOCALS")
    !Race(LastSeenBy(Myself),ELF)
    !CheckSpellState(LastSeenBy(Myself),CHAOTIC_COMMANDS)
    !CheckSpellState(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_ENRAGED)
    OR(2)
        !CheckSpellState(LastSeenBy(Myself),ITEM_SLEEP_SEEN)
        !CheckSpellState(LastSeenBy(Myself),ITEM_SLEEP)
    OR(2)
        !CheckSpellState(LastSeenBy(Myself),ITEM_SLEEP_SEEN)
        !CheckSpellState(LastSeenBy(Myself),ITEM_SLEEP)
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    !Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),ENEMY)
    !CheckStatGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),0,MINORGLOBE)
    !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_DISABLED)
    OR(3)
        TriggerOverride(LastSeenBy(Myself),Range(NearestAllyOf(Myself),15))
        NumInParty(1)
        GlobalTimerNotExpired("targetcompromise","LOCALS")
    OR(2)
        !TriggerOverride(LastSeenBy(Myself),StateCheck(NearestAllyOf(Myself),STATE_DISABLED))
        !TriggerOverride(LastSeenBy(Myself),StateCheck(SecondNearestAllyOf(Myself),STATE_DISABLED))
    OR(2)
        !TriggerOverride(LastSeenBy(Myself),StateCheck(NearestAllyOf(Myself),STATE_DISABLED))
        TriggerOverride(LastSeenBy(Myself),Range(SecondNearestAllyOf(Myself),15))
    CheckStatGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),0,SAVEVSSPELL)
    !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_SLEEPING)
    See(LastSeenBy(Myself))
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ApplySpellRES("dw#mgsee",Myself)  // Armor
        SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
        Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_SLEEP)  // SPWI116.SPL (Sleep)
END

3 hours ago, Relay said:

mages are targeting invisible chr's with AOE spells as if they are using imp. invisibility

With SR, basic anti-invisibility spells like Detect Invisible and True Seeing actually apply opcode 193, so with the casting of a 2nd-level spell, this should be happening. 

If SCS is tossing MMMs at hidden characters without casting the 2nd-level spell, though, that’s a bit of a cheat. 

That's what I'm saying. They're not casting detect invis they're just applying through script so they can target aoe spells at someone who's hidden, but they also get a few pot shots in during that round. 

I don't remember it ever being an issue before, did old scs versions have a check state for invisible in their attacknearest code? 

Edited by Relay
On 12/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, zenblack said:

Here's hoping for an update on some of the reported bugs and installation issues. I am looking forward to the next version is mostly stable and usable without a ton of fuss with the most universal mods with BG:EE and BG2:EE.

same. Though judging by previous releases and time span between them the next one might not come out till march or even april.

I have installed this mod with features enabled however I have noticed that I only have a few IWD priest spells and no wizard spells at all, has anyone else had a similiar issue? 

Also as a side note, I remember Bodhi having a skill in an earlier version called "Drink Blood" or something to that effect which would instant kill like a vorpal attack but she does not seem to have it anymore, was it removed?

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

If you have Check the Bodies, it's main component also installs some IWD spells and needs to come after the IWDification/SCS spell components, because it breaks their wizard component if installed prior.

Really? Do I need to do that in my install as well? Cause I totally have CtB before the SCS arcane and divine spells...

Bug report: I installed SCS v34.3, IWD spells and General AI components. I've noticed that Impervious Sanctity of Mind and Entropy Shield use the EE opcode 318 to provide immunity to certain spells. For example, in its 13th effect Impervious Sanctity of Mind uses opcode 318 targeted at EA/all to immunize the caster against Rigid Thinking, with a duration of 2880. And in the 12th effect of Entropy Shield, it uses opcode 318 targeted at EA/all to immunize the caster against Breach, with a duration of 66 seconds.

I'm pretty sure opcode 318 cannot apply immunity with a duration in this way. It and opcode 324 are only used at the moment a spell or effect is applied, to selectively allow certain targets to escape the results of said spell or effect. In instances like this, that apply simple immunity to a specified spell - especially when, as here, no selective targeting is called for - then opcode 206 should be used. I fear that, as currently implemented, these spells will just not work.

EDIT - although, after writing this, I glanced at unmodded IWDEE v2.5 and Impervious Sanctity seems to use opcode 318 there? That may be a bug in IWDEE, or else maybe I'm misremembering the limitation of this opcode? I definitely recall trying it failing when I have used it like opcode 206 before. But I don't recall the exact circumstances. In any event, I think it's worth some proper testing.

EDIT 2 - okay, I managed to set up a quick test, and it seems that this really does protect from the specified spells as intended. Now I'm really scratching my head trying to remember why/how this failed for me earlier.  It was a couple years ago... maybe opcode 318 has been improved between 2.0 and 2.5?

FINAL EDIT (a.k.a. the Director's Cut?) - so apparently opcode 318 and 324 can have durations; but the conditional check against this or that state only happens once, at the moment the effect fires. In this case there is no conditional check, so the opcodes here function exactly like op206, and the duration works fine.

Eh, so at any rate, I guess you can ignore this.

Spoiler

Edited by subtledoctor

It would seem that mages in my game do not target 4 out 6 of my party members with spells, unless I am in melee range.

They will trigger their prebuffs, pop their initial triggers or contingencies, and will cast defensive and untargeted spells. Example: One of these "bugged" party members confronts a lich, lich casts timestop, maybe improved alacrity, then proceeds to stare at said party member, doing nothing or doing non-spell attacks with energy blades. I do the same with a non-bugged member, and they get barraged with spells, as they should. I've provided video of this:

Anomen and Jaheira are 2 of the 4 that are bugged.

Jan and Cernd are the only 2 that aren't.

https://streamable.com/8ri2l8

I first noticed this when fighting beholders, and thought the problem was with the beholder component, which I then uninstalled, and it seemed to fix the issue; the beholders once again started using their ranged attacks on everyone instead of never using them vs the bugged party members.

It seems the problem is with casters in general. I would assume this issue has been present since beginning bg2 as I'm only ~10 hours in, and I just hadn't noticed (played through bg1 first with scs without encountering this issue, or at least not noticing it).

I tried loading the save on an unmodded install, and the lich from the video behaves normally, throwing spells all over the place at everyone.

Can anyone explain why this could be happening, or if they've encountered something similar in their games? It's the latest 2.6.6.0 version of bg2ee, and latest scs.

I've attached the weidu log, though there's nothing in there that should be messing with mage AI other than scs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this issue has taken a pretty steamy dump on my playthrough.

Log: https://pastebin.com/epbMaSzb

WeiDU.log

Edit: While I'm here I may as well report that the spell "Smashing Wave" is bugged, and 9 out of 10 times doesn't do anything, and when it does it's still not working as it should, and the spell "Thorn Spray" is listed in game as having no saving throw, and on the icewind dale wiki as saving throw halves, but in game a successful saving throw negates all damage.

Edited by boof