Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Only two spellstates overlap existing ones: 119 DETECT_INVISIBILITY and 145 FIND_TRAPS. Then there are a bunch of added states like ITEM_CHARM, ITEM_CHARM_SEEN etc. which do not overlap.

EDIT - looks like they are not from SCS. FIND_TRAPS is added by @kjeron's Trap Overhaul mod. Not sure which mod adds DETECT_INVISIBILITY but it is earlier, so I think I've narrowed it down to either House Tweaks, PolyVorp, CDTweaks, or METweaks.

9 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

EDIT - looks like they are not from SCS. FIND_TRAPS is added by @kjeron's Trap Overhaul mod.

Confused - is it adding a duplicate spellstate for FIND_TRAPS, or is it adding the spellstate for FIND_TRAPS to an index already in use?

It still uses an older function that doesn't account for indexes listed in hexadecimal, and always adds new entries to the bottom of the file.  Aside from that it should account for occupied slots and any existing FIND_TRAPS spellstate.

1 hour ago, kjeron said:

is it adding a duplicate spellstate for FIND_TRAPS, or is it adding the spellstate for FIND_TRAPS to an index already in use?

The latter. The IDS file looks like this:

136 D5_METAPSIONIC
137 D5_MIND_WARD
138 D5_HOLDS_BARRED
139 D5_SEMI_DIVINE
140 D5_SPL_PREP
141 D5_MULTI_SORC
142 D5_CHARMEVADE
143 D5_STRIDE
144 D5_STUNEVADE
145 D5_NEW_PROFS
249 PRONE
250 DISEASED
251 CHAIN_LIGHTNING
252 EVASION
253 ACID_LEVEL_2
254 ACID_LEVEL_3
255 CYNICISM_EQUIPPED
119 DETECT_INVISIBILITY
145	FIND_TRAPS
146 ITEM_CHARM
147 ITEM_CHARM_SEEN

It picks up with the last-used index, rather than the one after that.  Assuming that's not a coincidence, maybe an off-by-one error?

It looks that way, but I don't see how, after checking for an existing FIND_TRAPS entry, it's a crude but simple loop:

OUTER_FOR	(i = 0; i < 256; ++i)	BEGIN
	ACTION_IF	!FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED	(~SPLSTATE.IDS~	~^%i%[ %TAB%]+[^ %TAB%%WNL%$]+[ %TAB%%WNL%$]~)	BEGIN
		APPEND	~SPLSTATE.IDS~	~%i%	%label%~
		OUTER_SET	new_ids = i
		OUTER_SET	i = 300
	END
END

and "145 D5_NEW_PROFS" certainly meets the FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED for i=145.

Function hasn't changed since at least v0.03.

53 minutes ago, DavidW said:

A return character other than %WNL%, perhaps? 

%WNL% is a combination of both return characters, within a [ ] it should match any of them.

I think the issue is related though, the ^ symbol doesn't consider anything after a lone "\r" as a new line, then again, neither does the game engine, so it shouldn't be used here anyway.

This trigger in a dialog cannot compile:

CheckSpellState(Myself,NEW_SPELLSTATE)

if the index for NEW_SPELLSTATE in SPLSTATE.ids is preceded with a lone "\r", instead of "\r\n" or "\n":

149 OLDER_SPELLSTATE\r\n150 OLD_SPELLSTATE\r151 NEW_SPELLSTATE\r\n152 NEWER_SPELLSTATE
Edited by kjeron
Guest Guest_Wyrd

My game crashes when Aec'Letec is about to spawn too. (Bg1EE, 2.6.6.0)

Also, the spell lance of distruction doesn't work, it is casted as normal but no animation appears and it doesn't do nothing. 

WeiDU

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #34 // Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #240 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's Proficiency -> Kivan uses spears: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #160 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3541 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Carsa/Kahrk interaction: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 34.3
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2161 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Free Action does not prevent Haste or Movement Rate Bonus: 1.7

All the IWD spells appear to work in my game (classic Bg2 + ToBEx), however the descriptions of the lesser elemental summons (spwi516, spwi520, spwi521, spwi526) are wrong, and have the text for Malavon's Rage.

Mind blank doesn't display the Mind Shield portrait icon, makes it harder to tell if it's still active.

Spell Immunity can be cast in the same round as another spell, due to it having target type 7, should be 5 as in vanilla, no? The player can exploit this but the AI doesn't seem to be able to.

ETA, a couple of other issues.

Spellcasting demiliches still do not use their Trap the Soul innate on PCs. They use an almost generic lich script! The main threat of a demilich was always its soul sucking ability, now they're simply more resilient - but not really more dangerous - than an regular lich (apart from being higher level and their occasional Howl).

I don't mean to be a pest but demilich AI stands out as something that really needs to be fixed because it dramatically reduces the difficulty of a couple of what were previously uniquely challenging enemies.

Some Rakshasas seem to have lost their weapon proficiencies, specifically TRRAK03, RAKMAH01 and RAKRAJ01, and their THAC0 is inconsistent with Rajahs and Ruhks being better fighters than the higher level, higher hp Maharajahs... am I wrong in thinking they should also strike as if using a magic weapon? Further, Raks buff with Minor Spell Deflection and Minor Spell turning, both are useless to them as these only bounce spells up to the 7th level which Rakshasa are naturally immune to anyway.

Beholders (other than Hive Mothers and Elder Orbs) have too low HD, they should be 15th rather than 9th level (as Gauths are, that's right I think).

Edited by polytope
3 hours ago, polytope said:

Further, Raks buff with Minor Spell Deflection and Minor Spell turning, both are useless to them as these only bounce spells up to the 7th level which Rakshasa are naturally immune to anyway.

Those spells protect against enemy spells until they are exhausted. The spell that exhausts them gets used up even if it is higher level than the remaining protection. So both of those force the player to remove or burn through them with lv7+ spells before being able to directly affect the rakshasa with spells.

20 hours ago, Christian said:

Those spells protect against enemy spells until they are exhausted. The spell that exhausts them gets used up even if it is higher level than the remaining protection. So both of those force the player to remove or burn through them with lv7+ spells before being able to directly affect the rakshasa with spells.

No, single target spells higher than 7th level go straight through Minor Spell Deflection and Minor Spell Turning, while any lower level spell (except Breach, depending on your installation) would fail to affect a Rakshasa anyway. The only single target spells that can be used against Raks are Bigby's Clenched Fist, Maze, Power Word:Blind (if you use the SCS option to make it single target), Bigby's Crushing Hand (weakish spell anyway), Imprisonment and Power Word Kill all of which work regardless of Minor Spell Deflection or Turning.

Breach will be absorbed by MSD with default SCS behaviour and also strip Raks, but it's still not clear to me why the Raks use MSD rather than Spell Immunity:Abjuration or Spell Shield for that purpose. I'm not sure if they should even buff with spells below 8th level (i.e. not Absolute Immunity, Protection from Energy or Spell Trap)*., that's David W's choice.

*Edit; or Improved Mantle

Edited by polytope
10 minutes ago, polytope said:

No, single target spells higher than 7th level go straight through Minor Spell Deflection and Minor Spell Turning, while any lower level spell (except Breach, depending on your installation) would fail to affect a Rakshasa anyway. The only single target spells that can be used against Raks are Bigby's Clenched Fist, Maze, Power Word:Blind (if you use the SCS option to make it single target), Bigby's Crushing Hand (weakish spell anyway), Imprisonment and Power Word Kill all of which work regardless of Minor Spell Deflection or Turning.

Breach will be absorbed by MSD with default SCS behaviour and also strip Raks, but it's still not clear to me why the Raks use MSD rather than Spell Immunity:Abjuration or Spell Shield for that purpose. I'm not sure if they should even buff with spells below 8th level (i.e. not Absolute Immunity, Protection from Energy or Spell Trap)., that's David W's choice.

After carefully reading the spell descriptions it turns out, that you are right. Minor spell turning won´t affect spells of lv5 (Domination) and higher and minor spell deflection won´t help with lv7 and higher. I honestly didn´t know that until now.