Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Not that weird. SCS reads the contents of a CLAB file into an array, modifies that array as required, then writes it back. It reads the array via COUNT_2DA_COLS and READ_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW. If there are anomalously short columns, that will miss them. 

I would complain that people shouldn't break the CLAB file format and that if they do, it's not my fault if it leads to problems - but to be fair, looking at the IESDP writeup for 2da files it's apparently legal to have incomplete rows, so I should probably support the possibility. Probably not an imminent fix, though, as it involves rewriting a routine fairly deep in SCS's kit-editing functionality.

Guest m0rdr3d0

OSX install is bugged. Probably directory structure or scripts need adjustment. Here for example an error message that I get when trying to install IWD spells for BG1EE:

ERROR: Sys_error("weidu_external/lib/lib_ini.tpa: No such file or directory")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Using Language [English]

Some other components are throwing the similar error message. I noticed this behavior in previous versions already, but didn't report it until now. Version that works for me for sure is 33.4.

Guest m0rdr3d0

Thanks, you are right. I was using setup-stratagems that came with the mod, but apparently the executable there wasn't updated. When I removed setup-stratagems that came with the mod, I did:

ln -s weidu setup-stratagems

Which linked to my 247 weidu executable, everything seems to be working fine.

I've encountered this error when using the batch mode.

setup-STRATAGEMS --force-install-list 3040 3505 5080 5900 6000 6010 6030 6040 6100 6300 6310 6320 7020 7040
[setup-STRATAGEMS] WeiDU version 24700
ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, going ahead anyway!
        Sys_error("setup-STRATAGEMS: No such file or directory")

The installer seems to proceed regardless. This is under Windows 10.

8 hours ago, Guest m0rdr3d0 said:

Thanks, you are right. I was using setup-stratagems that came with the mod, but apparently the executable there wasn't updated. When I removed setup-stratagems that came with the mod, I did:

ln -s weidu setup-stratagems

Which linked to my 247 weidu executable, everything seems to be working fine.

Ah. I’m probably not updating the non- Windows versions.

8 hours ago, tomasz86 said:

I've encountered this error when using the batch mode.

setup-STRATAGEMS --force-install-list 3040 3505 5080 5900 6000 6010 6030 6040 6100 6300 6310 6320 7020 7040
[setup-STRATAGEMS] WeiDU version 24700
ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, going ahead anyway!
        Sys_error("setup-STRATAGEMS: No such file or directory")

The installer seems to proceed regardless. This is under Windows 10.

That’s harmless.

Feedback for a BG2+ToB 2.5 run
with Dragonspear UI++ 2.41, Tweaks Anthology v9, Ascension 2.0.20, SCS 34.3, SRR V1.3.547, IRR V1.3.550

• Amelyssan and the Chromatic Demon tend to teleport on top of a character. The character is stuck this way and it looks weird. I think this is not intended?

• IMO SCS priests should use "Gust of Wind" more often (SR variant of "Zone of Sweet Air"). I used Acid Fog and Cloudkill a lot, and they almost never used this cheap counter - apart from the golem priest on the first level of Watchers Keep, so the AI is actually able to use it in a sensible way.

Hm, characters that were originally dual-classed (still?) seem to run into the problem of getting way too much XP with the NPC customization component if you change them away from dual-classing. In my case, Imoen likes to level to having about double the XP that Gorion's Ward does. I'm able to deal with the issue by tweaking her XP down to what it should be every time she gets a level.

The option to remove dual-classing also didn't really function correctly for me. If I tried to make her a Mage/Thief multiclass for instance, the 'dual classed' flag would still be set and the levelling would completely break (Thief would have -1 XP or something like that.) That was rectified by flipping the option off in EEKeeper. 

Could be some other part of my setup though I guess, just letting you know.

Oh, but with that in mind, is there any flag or effect I could flip somewhere to disable it from running? It is a bit tedious having to correct the XP every time I level up, lol.

It’s because the SCS NPC customization is meant to do all customizing in-game, but there is no way to set or unset the dual-class flag in-game. It’s why my mod that does something similar does all class changes during the weidu install changes dual-class characters to multiclass, so they can make full use of the class-change system (and can then choose to dual-class again afterward). 

I entreated Beamdog for years and years to enable an in-game method to change dual-class flags, but they never saw fit to do it. :(

Edited by subtledoctor

I'm not sure why "renounce dual-class' is even an option SCS presents you, hm. It doesn't seem to say 'just use normal XP for this one, the player is going to remove dual-class externally.'

I don’t know how the mod works, but knowing what I know about the game engine, a “renounce dual-class” sounds geared toward changing dual-class NPCs into single-class NPCs - not changing them into multiclass.

While they cannot be changed, the dual-class flags can be detected (on ToBEx/EE at least), so if SCS does these class-changes by script/dialogue then it could exclude multiclass options from anyone with a dual-class flag set. Just to prevent players from getting into trouble.

EDIT - oh yeah:

On 10/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, DavidW said:

Not that weird. SCS reads the contents of a CLAB file into an array, modifies that array as required, then writes it back.

Agree to disagree that reading the contents of a file, destroying it (!), and then recreating it from what was read is "not that weird" versus simply patching/appending to the file.

Edited by subtledoctor