Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

1 hour ago, Christian said:

After carefully reading the spell descriptions it turns out, that you are right. Minor spell turning won´t affect spells of lv5 (Domination) and higher and minor spell deflection won´t help with lv7 and higher. I honestly didn´t know that until now.

Yeah. It’s weird and kind of crazy. One of the reasons I am overhauling that system...

Reflection occurs before immunity (with one exception - op83), so if Minor Spell Turning is still setup to reflects spells instead of deflecting them, it has purpose, though I would still argue that a Rakshasa should be immune to Minor Spell Turning anyway as it's only a L5 spell.

5 hours ago, Christian said:

After carefully reading the spell descriptions it turns out, that you are right. Minor spell turning won´t affect spells of lv5 (Domination) and higher and minor spell deflection won´t help with lv7 and higher. I honestly didn´t know that until now.

Sadly that is not entirely true. The reflect/deflect/trap mechanics are horribly broken, they would have the potential to reflect spells up to 8th level (still single target).

1. Rakshasa -> Minor Spell Turning (+innate immunity/op102 to level 1-8 spells).
  2. Player -> Sequencer w/(larloch's minor drain & finger of death) // could alternatively cast them back to back under improved alacrity.
  3. Both will get reflected if larloch's hits first, while only stripping 1 level of reflection.

The only requirements are that both spells have the same source (creature, not spell), the same projectile, the first to strike is reflected, the second to strike is reflected/deflected/trapped by *any* effect on the target, and that they strike the target within the same 25 tick window that reflection/deflection/trapping operate in (12.5t if hasted, 50t if slowed).

This is all EE behavior, original may differ.

9 hours ago, kjeron said:

Reflection occurs before immunity (with one exception - op83), so if Minor Spell Turning is still setup to reflects spells instead of deflecting them, it has purpose, though I would still argue that a Rakshasa should be immune to Minor Spell Turning anyway as it's only a L5 spell.

I don't follow your reasoning; if a mage throws a Flame Arrow at a Rakshasa running MST it will be reflected back upon them, but it would have done nothing to the Rak anyway, so no mage would spend their spell equivalent action for the round doing that. If that mage instead cast Power Word:Kill on a badly injured Rakshasa who his Horrid Wilting hadn't finished off it would be slain in spite of the MST which doesn't bounce 9th level spells, either way, reflecting spells up to the 7th level is pointless if you're innately and permanently immune to those spells.

I agree about Raks not buffing with spells that they should be immune to, this discussion has previously come up regarding liches although the mod author has expressed his preference for them to use those low level spells on themselves while preserving their immunity to external-origin spells of the same level. In the case of Rakshasa I'd definitely rather they didn't buff themselves with spells below 8th level, while with liches, I think they should be stripped of their immunity to 5th and lower spells which has no basis in 2nd edition AD&D. You'll notice that vanilla game Rakshasa scripts acknowledge their own spell immunity (by spamming usually dangerous-to-the-caster AoE spells like clouds, Ice Storms) while vanilla liches appear to be unaware that spells below 6th level can't harm them (casting Globe of Invulnerability for instance).

Anyway, the Rakshasa AI is a minor issue, because it only amounts to a wasted spell slot on the part of the Raks (which are still an appropriate challenge at low-mid levels), on the other hand, demiliches not using their Trap the Soul innate makes them dramatically easier compared to old versions of SCSII.

Edited by polytope

A few other issues I failed to mention earlier:

• Monster Summoning I (but not II or III) causes a CTD because two of the creatures potentially summoned dw#ms1oa and dw#ms1ow have the wrong entry in their animation field (4294967295), should be 59440 and 59392 respectively. Not that I use this spell, except from a scroll, but enemy mages can achieve a Pyrrhic victory by crashing the game with it.
  • In a related note, some enemy casters such as Cowled Wizards attempt to use Polymorph Other, it doesn't work on green-circled creatures in non-EE installs.
  • Brimstone, DW#YSDRA, doesn't receive the complement of high level spells typical to other red dragons in SCS (Firkraag, Saladrex & Carnifex). Unless he's intentionally weaker because he's not fought alone (and seems to be serving the fire giants, so he's presumably not a relatively powerful dragon).
  • Creatures that open doors can injure or incapacitate themselves by opening trapped doors, this is most noticeable in the Windspear Hills. I'm not sure if this is worth fixing, but maybe include !AreaCheck("AR1202") in the door opening blocks of their script.
Edited by polytope
On 9/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, Lianos said:

In ...\stratagems\priest\spellchoices_defensive\demivrgvs\druid.tph Line 41 a bracket is missing.

PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null
should be
PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null)

This fixed it for me.

hi i have the same error. What is the effect of the error?

do i really need to repeat the install? And if so the correction should be made in the zipped file of the mod before the install  or in the file in baldur's main folder after the install?

im using EE mod setup

sorry if something of the above doesn't make sense , i don't know much about modding

On 10/27/2021 at 8:14 AM, Christian said:

In my game (BG1EE, 2.6.6.0, weidu log attached) the game repeatedly crashes, when Aec'Letec is just about to spawn. Is there some way to collect logs or memory dump if that would be of help? 

WeiDU.log

On 11/2/2021 at 1:15 PM, Guest Guest_Wyrd said:

My game crashes when Aec'Letec is about to spawn too. (Bg1EE, 2.6.6.0)

Also, the spell lance of distruction doesn't work, it is casted as normal but no animation appears and it doesn't do nothing. 

WeiDU

Reveal hidden contents

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #34 // Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #240 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's Proficiency -> Kivan uses spears: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #160 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3541 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Carsa/Kahrk interaction: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 34.3
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2161 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Free Action does not prevent Haste or Movement Rate Bonus: 1.7

Can second this. BG1EE (2.6.6.0, Ubuntu 20.04, case sensitivity workaround through ciopfs) + SCS (34.3) + BG1NPC (27.10) + BG1UB(16.40) crashes in a couple of seconds after dialogue with Tracea Carrol in a midst of Aec'Letec spawning. The exact same combination, but without "~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 34.3" installed, works just fine.

Also is it consistent for Tracea Carrol to have Stoneskin (4th level spell, available for mages starting with level 7; pre-battle instacast) in a latter setup? Readme states that in a vanilla she is 6th level.

Overall, it is a first moment, I've encountered any problems with 34.3 version. Appreciate this work very much.

weidu.log

1. SCS is removing the Bands of Focus (BRAC26.itm) from SENKEN01.cre and doing [unknown] with them in IR games.

2. I am receiving errors in a few different components (Smarter Priests, Improved Cloakwood Druids, and Improve Abazigal's Lair) when using Spell Revisions. All the errors are exactly the same across all three components, except for the referenced creature name:

Determining spells and script for AMARAN
loading 2 tra files
[STRATAGEMS/lang/english/priest.tra] has 11 translation strings
[STRATAGEMS/lang/ENGLISH/priest.tra] has 11 translation strings
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copied [temp_file] to [weidu_external/workspace/temp_file2] (NO BACKUP MADE!)

Including file(s) spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph
[STRATAGEMS/priest/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph] loaded, 4647 bytes
Copied [STRATAGEMS/priest/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph] to [weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph]

[weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 59 column 1-9
Near Text: END
    GLR parse error

[weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph]  ERROR at line 59 column 1-9
Near Text: END
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [AMARAN.CRE] -> [override/AMARAN.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)

Failed to patch AMARAN.CRE; error message was Parsing.Parse_error

Failed to patch AMARAN.CRE; error message was Parsing.Parse_error
[weidu_external/data/STRATAGEMS/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 2635 bytes
Appending to files ...
[weidu_external/data/STRATAGEMS/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 2635 bytes
weidu_external/data/STRATAGEMS/sfo_warnings.txt copied to weidu_external/backup/stratagems/6040/sfo_warnings.txt, 2635 bytes
Appended text to [weidu_external/data/STRATAGEMS/sfo_warnings.txt]
[./override/AMMAJIRA.CRE] loaded, 1584 bytes

I have looked at the file in question, and it looks like this...

notepad++_tcrlvRcJjm.png

...when it should probably look like this...

notepad++_R9i6THxOHF.png

I'm not a hundred percent certain, but from the way the other sections in this file look, the IRONSKIN should be below the END, not above, and for some reason the "PUSH_RANDOM" wasn't translated from the original druid.tph correctly at all. However, this is the workspace file, which is generated from the original druid.tph file, so editing it here does nobody any good even if you have the correct answer...and I can't figure out what's wrong with the original druid.tph that it would be behaving this way.

A simple weidu.log that reproduced the issue:

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 18
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 34.3

Smarter general AI is probably not necessary, nor the Game Text Update.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus What about this?

On 9/24/2021 at 9:22 PM, Lianos said:
On 9/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, Lianos said:

In combination with SRR, the installation of SCS 34.3 gives errors for druid.tph (there is no error without SRR)

In ...\stratagems\priest\spellchoices_defensive\demivrgvs\druid.tph Line 41 a bracket is missing.

PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null
should be
PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null)

This fixed it for me.

Edited by Lianos
55 minutes ago, Lianos said:

@Bartimaeus What about this?

Wow, nice spot - didn't notice that all the way up there. ...Wonder why it's causing errors so much lower. Thanks!

(e): Oof, I used the batch mode to try to install the final components of the mod after having reinstalled Smarter Priests a number of times. Uninstalled Smarter Priests (the last component installed), closed weidu, reopened it, selected batch mode installation, then went to Smarter Priests and said yes to it and everything after that...and SCS auto-uninstalled ALL of its components and restarted the entire installation of each and every component. Not ideal.

Edited by Bartimaeus

The component that makes High Level Abilities on mages and priests innate will probably alter their scaling on Dual- and Multiclasses since the innate caster level is the average level of classes. I noticed the same effect on the now deprecated innate sequencer component. Nalia, Imoen and Anomen should have way shorter durations for planetars and devas as well as fewer energy blades as expected. This should be at least noted on the readme (if it applies as I suspect).

Stratagems component 5900 (Initialize AI components) is erroneously setting masterwork weapons from at least Item Revisions to have an enchantment level of 1, e.g. SW1H05 (originally Long Sword +1, but actually Masterwork Long Sword). This is what the sword looks like directly before being setting to +1 by SCS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nbyhabkiebe66y6/SW1H05.ITM

No enchantment level, no magical flag, just a +1 bonus to THAC0. This issue appears to apply to all such masterwork weapons. However, the magical flag itself is not set as a result of this, so this would only appear to be an issue if you use e.g. lolfixer, which detects "enchantment level but no magical flag" as an issue and automatically sets the magic flag. Why is SCS raising enchantment levels to begin with, though?

Edited by Bartimaeus

Baldur_2021-11-17_21-29-02.png.5fb21c77936733d705d6cfd9e9a8dbe8.png

Using the Berserker "Enrage" ability causes this text to occur. The "Initialize AI" component seems to be the culprit here. I don't think it's causing any harm though, since the effect itself seems to play out normally. Just figured I'd report it.

Happens in 2.6.6.0 for BG1EE.

Edited by WhodaThunk