Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

57 minutes ago, Gordian said:

According to the wiki Firkraag (at least) has this already, that's why I didn't bother proposing. If that's not true for all dragons, then that might be a good addition. You could also make it set the resistance to a certain amount or maybe there's some middle ground between cumulative and set.

Now that you mention it I sort of vaguely remember something like that coming up in a combat log, but Firkraag is definitely the only one I've seen it on.

If such an effect could be built into the breath attack itself, like cumulative -30 resistance with something like a 5-10 round duration, it would actually make the increased breath frequency on the scs difficulty slider a buff it was supposed to be, instead of a nerf (as everyone relevant to the dragon fight is going to be immune to the breath, the dragon taking time to do the breath and doing no damage is time he could've spent swinging at fools and doing damage).

I know in Yaga-Shura's fortress there's something that cumulatively debuffs your fire resistance, but I never bothered to figure out what it was. I just remember seeing my fire resistance going all over the place from 100+ to as low as -100. So the "tech" is there.

Edited by boof
49 minutes ago, boof said:

If such an effect could be built into the breath attack itself, like cumulative -30 resistance with something like a 5-10 round duration, it would actually make the increased breath frequency on the scs difficulty slider a buff it was supposed to be, instead of a nerf (as everyone relevant to the dragon fight is going to be immune to the breath, the dragon taking time to do the breath and doing no damage is time he could've spent swinging at fools and doing damage).

This already is a neat tweak for dragons (exact values, stacking rules and crossmod implications  (SCS, SR come to mind) would need to be checked, I suppose), what do you think, @subtledoctor? But we should probably move this discussion elsewhere.

This would also make dodging/not being affected by a dragon's breath quite crucial and would make good use of EEex' timers. I'm not advocating turning the game into an "avoid void zones" one, but tactical positioning and movement should be a factor, I feel.

Edited by Gordian

Removing resistance to the breath effect would be great... not sure if it can be done in the breath attack itself - might need an aura instead - but maybe it could be. Maybe stretch the breath weapon damage over 2-3 seconds, and the debuff would kick in at least by the second application of damage. 

This would make thieves’ Evasion useful, yes, and it would also make it more interesting to give a breath weapon defense buff to specializing in shield-fighting. Or maybe just to that one dragon shield. 

Sounds great if applicable - also the ticks part!

Shields vs. TWF/DW (or balancing weapons/armours overall) is a different beast entirely. But making shields a more enticing choice is something sorely needed, I think (even after SoB's and IR(R)'s changes). I like the breath weapon defense buff idea.

Rant:

Spoiler

I tried the following but not sure whether it will turn out okay:

I tuned down DR from YARAS (using IRR though, wish it was dynamic - I added all my games items to its lists, but hey, the flipside you can customise every item individually ) to 5% per increment (also gave elven, scale and mithral properties +DR in varying degrees - I like the fact that you can add elven and mithral/scale properties at the same time, overtuned it may be; sadly no differentiation between enchantment levels currently; and expanded YARAS' nerfs to cover more DR innates) and gave 5/10/20 DR to shields starting from small (probably should give large shields an extra -1 THAC0) to compete with DW defensively at least. Tying this (partly) to the shield fighting style would be preferable but it is harder to code (for me) and I don't know whether it would buff shield-wielding enemies to the same degree.

Then I reduced DW's damage output by 5 - this is very crude, but you'd need ~-5 damage, deduced by modelling damage at various levels, in addition to SoB's nerfs. Moebius toolkit by @suy is very handy for these comparisons. There is a better approach (I'm not referring to -STR when wielding 1h), but I'd need to check and see whether it's feasible for me currently. I also made changes to ranged weapons so that they stay relevant late game while nerfing them a bit in the early game and made little tweaks to each melee weapon to make all weapon choices viable (+/-15% margin) while keeping individuality and allowing for interesting choices.

Also contemplated writing my own mod for tweaking armors, weapons and styles, but it has already been done several times and I neither know the game (and my modded version of it) nor modding well enough for it to be a reasonable endeavour at the moment.

In an ideal world you'd have an ini which let's you fine tune every aspect of weapons and armours/shields, including crit/damage type/apr/str or dex damage multipliers etc. materials and enchantments, changing all installed items dynamically and properly editing descriptions in a unified manner (oBG2 and EE as options maybe). This would have saved me several days of my time, heh. No idea if anybody else would want such a mod, but you could have community devised settings for various playstyles.

Sidenote: tools like the randomiser could dynamically account for installed mods and purge duplicates, there is a unique items mod already, I think. (Yes, you can do that yourself as well.)

Spells are a different dragon but actually easily balanced with opcodes when it comes to a blanket damage change, I suppose.

It might be overtuned, I will have to test. Also enemies without feats/amours/shields might have too little DR now, might do something like the difftweak mod but for all non-humanoid enemies.

You could of course argue the other direction: buffing everything else. But I feel like it would lead me to (once more) increase overall enemy hp (messing with saves/AC/thac0 is even worse imo) - which I might end up doing regardless.

Wish there was a mod/choice to keep "critters" negligible while providing meaningful enemies with more staying power. (As an additional way of fine tuning difficulty - give meainingful enemies more hp or something.) This would have to be balanced against their available spells etc.

Edited by Gordian

The resistance-lowering effect in the fire giant temple is from the Fell Cats' attacks - 25% per hit. This is an SCS addition; they just do 3d4 damage in vanilla.

As for dragons ... there's a Lower Fire Resistance spell that red dragons get, even in vanilla. Save vs spell at -3, in an area, or get resistance lowered by 50%. It does create some memorable moments, like my fire-themed party getting schooled on their first try against Firkraag - he literally killed a fire elemental with fire. No counterpart to this spell currently exists for other elements.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:14 AM, Christian said:

In my game (BG1EE, 2.6.6.0, weidu log attached) the game repeatedly crashes, when Aec'Letec is just about to spawn. Is there some way to collect logs or memory dump if that would be of help? 

WeiDU.log

On 11/2/2021 at 6:15 AM, Guest Guest_Wyrd said:

My game crashes when Aec'Letec is about to spawn too. (Bg1EE, 2.6.6.0)

Also, the spell lance of distruction doesn't work, it is casted as normal but no animation appears and it doesn't do nothing. 

WeiDU

Reveal hidden contents

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #34 // Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #240 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's Proficiency -> Kivan uses spears: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #160 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3541 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Carsa/Kahrk interaction: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 34.3
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2161 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Free Action does not prevent Haste or Movement Rate Bonus: 1.7

This is happening to me now, on my second playthrough. Weird, because it didn't happen on my first.

This is my weidu log now https://pastebin.com/sj3gErqM

On my first playthrough I had in addition to the above, SoD + the dlc merger installed, scs and tweaks install order flipped, and had a few cosmetic components from atweaks installed at the very end.

I really don't know which part of that would account for it not crashing.

EDIT: This has been fixed by changing the animation of tanar.cre from fiend_green to tanarri.

Still weird because on my first playthrough he did use the green tanarri appearance just fine.

Edited by boof

Having some trouble installing the Improved NPC Customization and Management component with v34.3 in the latest BG1:EE. I'm getting:

SFO: Creating SPL file(s) dwlvtsa5...

...done
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: cannot convert value or %value% to an integer
ERROR: [thiefskl.2da] -> [weidu_external/workspace/thiefskl.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved NPC customisation and management], rolling back to previous state

Edit: Think I narrowed it down, it installed fine when I skipped Wushi Ninja from SP Collection.

Edited by Grand_Dracolich

The druid vs troll fight that takes place in the druid grove, right after the earth elemental, has a part where one of their druids summons two bears. Those bears are always under the party's control as if we summoned it, whether the druid is hostile or neutral. Kinda goofy.

Not sure if it's an SCS thing though I don't see what else it could be.

The SCS thing is that the druid uses summoning spells. The vanilla version has Bless, Flame Blade, Charm Person or Mammal, Barkskin, Invisibility Purge, Call Lightning, Cure Serious Wounds, Defensive Harmony, Mass Cure, and Heal. The mage in that encounter doesn't have any summoning spells either.

So really, this is a vanilla bug being exposed by SCS; summons get wonky when their summoner changes allegiance.

Liches (and maybe casters in general, my experience here is with liches) seem to be confused regarding how the spell Mordenkainen's Force Blade works. They will cast this spell multiple times within a few rounds, like they think it's a targeted damage spell or a summon. Had a lich recently cast this three times within five rounds.

Also, mage AI seems to be pretty weak vs. Entropy Shield. They repeatedly chuck magic missiles, chromatic orbs, melf's acid arrows, one after another, with no effect. They also try to spell thrust more than once in a fight against it.

Another "bug" I've come across is that with the teleportation abilities that some creatures get and better calls for help, in the painting room in Spellhold, the djinni and ulitharid are able to exit their rooms before they're opened the moment you engage the yuanti in the main room.

Edited by boof
1 hour ago, boof said:

I think the Burning Man is broken.

It just sits there endlessly spamming its fear ability at an absurd rate and doesn't use its cinder ashes ability ever. Did a recent patch break it, or scs? Could this be easily fixed with nearinfinity or something?

Yep, they're broken.

Go to folder stratagems -> firegiant -> ssl, open golbur01.ssl with notepad and replace:

IF
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    Global("FIN_TIME_STOP_RUNNING","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ReallyForceSpell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),BURNING_MAN_KEENING)
        SetGlobalTimer("BurningManFearTimer","LOCALS",24)
END

with

IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("BurningManFearTimer","LOCALS")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
END

If you don't want to reinstall the firegiant component just for this, you'll need NI or a similar editor to change the script GOLBUR01.bcs, find the block referencing KEENING and insert that line.

Edited by polytope
stupid mistake
21 minutes ago, polytope said:

Yep, they're broken.

Go to folder stratagems -> firegiant -> ssl, open golbur01.ssl with notepad and replace:

IF
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
END

with

IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("BurningManFearTimer")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
END

If you don't want to reinstall the firegiant component just for this, you'll need NI or a similar editor to change the script GOLBUR01.bcs, find the block referencing KEENING and insert that line.

Thanks for the reply, but I've done as you said, inserted the line in both places, and they still sit there and spam keening.

To be clear about what I did:

Inserted the line in the ssl file.

Opened the bcs file in NI, inserted the line, clicked compile, then save.

Edited by boof