Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Guest Shapeshifter

I have encountered that the pre-casted "Minor Globe of Invulnerability" on enemies such as Kahrk and Tellan (from the ice island) can't be destroyed by spells like Spell Thrust, Secret Word and others. The Globe is also not shown with EEex when hovering with left-shift, however it works and reflects the spells. Because of this, killing Kahrk has become quite a headache. Is that intended, or is that a bug? I play EET and apart from SCS I only have a few quest mods.

That precast Minor Globe is present in vanilla; it comes from an undroppable item rather than being done in the creature's script. If SCS made any changes, it would be to remove that globe and use prebuffs instead.

And in vanilla, it can definitely be broken by a Spell Thrust. Or outlasted, for that matter. The only issue I can think of that would make unbreakable buffs like that is a bug I saw in 2.5 and haven't verified in 2.6: when a script transforms a creature into a different form (such as Draconis or the Durlag's Tower greater doppelgangers), any buff spells on them become immune to effects such as Breach, Dispel Magic, and Spell Thrust. Only waiting them out, or burning through them in the case of effects like Spell Deflection, can end such buffs.

So, how exactly does the new Kahrk component work? If it just uses the existing creature, it shouldn't cause any problem. If it transforms the creature into a new one, that introduces a chance for that bug to get into things.

Guest Shapeshifter
On 4/18/2022 at 6:37 AM, jmerry said:

So, how exactly does the new Kahrk component work?

Well, it seems it transforms the creatures, since I cannot dispel that Globe. The question is, can I change anything in my files to fix this?

On 4/17/2022 at 8:16 PM, Opipo said:

I don't see the beholder fix in jmerry's mod, at least not in the readme.  

Nice of you to put some of this stuff into one post.

Guest Shapeshifter

I have several problems while playing with SCS and Spell Revisions (4 beta 18) at the same time.
The readme for the SCS says it works well with the SR, but for me, it doesn't.
Such spells as "Protection from normal missiles", "Clairvoyance", "Non-Detection" — maybe some others — don't work, but most importantly,
the SCS rule "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility" doesn't work either.

Maybe the problem is that I play EET?

48 minutes ago, Guest Shapeshifter said:

I have several problems while playing with SCS and Spell Revisions (4 beta 18) at the same time.
Such spells as "Protection from normal missiles", "Clairvoyance", "Non-Detection" — maybe some others — don't work, but most importantly,
the SCS rule "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility" doesn't work either.

Maybe the problem is that I play EET?

Are you using SR or SR+SRR? 

After all you should probably address this problem in SR forum and preferably in SRR thread. Or you can pm @Bartimaeus who is in charge of modding SRR right now.

Guest Shapeshifter

Thanks for the answer. I'm using SR.

I just thought to post it in this topic since SCS is installed last and overwrites all changes.

1 hour ago, Guest Shapeshifter said:

Such spells as "Protection from normal missiles", "Clairvoyance", "Non-Detection" — maybe some others — don't work,

What do you mean "don't work?" SCS doesn't change these spells, so it's not like the combination of the two mods can be rendering them non-functional. If you are having problems, my guess is the problems lie elsewhere.

When the SCS readme says it "works with" SR spells, which it means is, spells added by SR will be added to enemy AI scripts. Notably, none of the spells you mentioned are added by SR - they are vanilla spells that are changed by SR. SCS should not change or be changed by these spells at all.

Just a guess: when you say

while playing with SCS and Spell Revisions

...did you install them that way? SCS, then Spell Revisions? Because that would certainly lead to problems that might be described as "SR spells don't work with SCS."

SR needs to be installed first.

but most importantly, the SCS rule "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility" doesn't work either.

SR doesn't set antimagic attacks to penetrate improved invisibility, and SCS leaves it the way SR has it set up. But the 2nd-level spell Detect Invisible - and True Sight - let you penetrate Improved Invisibility with antimagic attacks. So just cast Detect Invisible first and then you can blast away with antimagic attacks or anything else.

Edited by subtledoctor
On 4/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, boof said:

I don't see the beholder fix in jmerry's mod, at least not in the readme.  

Nice of you to put some of this stuff into one post.

Component: "Antimagic rays and Spell Shield". One option changes the ray so it just passes through the spell shield, the other changes it to trade with the shield. Fourth in the "Rule Changes" group in the readme.

Since this only changes the ray itself, it's compatible with mods that add spell shield effects, like the one SCS has with a divine spell from Icewind Dale. It should work with the changes to the ray itself in the SCS beholder component, though I haven't tested that.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:44 PM, jmerry said:

Component: "Antimagic rays and Spell Shield". One option changes the ray so it just passes through the spell shield, the other changes it to trade with the shield. Fourth in the "Rule Changes" group in the readme.

Since this only changes the ray itself, it's compatible with mods that add spell shield effects, like the one SCS has with a divine spell from Icewind Dale. It should work with the changes to the ray itself in the SCS beholder component, though I haven't tested that.

Yeah I see it now, I don't know what I was looking at before. Will definitely put in some of these components in the future and hopefully it works with scs and tweaks anthology.

1 hour ago, Leilu said:

Are bears supposed to run at the same speed or faster than humans with "Faster bears" installed?
In my case, the bears summoned by Jaheira are still slower than humans.

WeiDU.log 8.88 kB · 0 downloads

I've noticed the same thing with summoned bats (from Animal Summoning I).

I suspect the problem in my case is with the following tweak:

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3340 // Increase Party Movement Speed and/or Casting Speed Outside of Combat [argent77] -> Movement speed by 50 percent: v14

Which speeds up party members - but not summons.

I'm having trouble installing SCS version 34.3 on SOD and BG2: EE. The installation ends without errors, but when I try to start it, an error message appears (see attachment) and the game does not start. When deleting the bgee.lua file from the override directory, the game runs (I honestly don't know what this file is for). The brackets { and } do not appear to be properly matched in the file, or some commas are missing - but this is just my guess. I am attaching a file from the SOD installation.

SCS_in_SOD.png

bgee.lua

Edited by Vicq