Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

23 minutes ago, boof said:

Thanks for the reply, but I've done as you said, inserted the line in both places, and they still sit there and spam keening.

Damn, my bad, it needs to be:

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("BurningManFearTimer","LOCALS")

To check the timer as a local variable for the creature, that should work.

Edited by polytope
17 minutes ago, polytope said:

Damn, my bad, it needs to be:

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("BurningManFearTimer","LOCALS")

To check the timer as a local variable for the creature, that should work.

Nice, thanks for the speedy help, everything seems to be in order now.

Throwing the anti-magic ray on them was a nasty move.

Hi, I encountered again some bugs with a fresh install of SCS 34.3 on 2.6 BG2EE :

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Smarter beholders

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Smarter mind flayers

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai use SCS abilities and AI

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Spellcasting Demiliches

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Improved Unseeing Eye

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Improved Drow

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Improved Sendai's Enclave

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Improved Abazigal's Lair

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Minor Encounters

weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#copmg.baf copied to weidu_external/backup/stratagems/8190/dw#copmg.baf, 1811591 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#copmg.baf] loaded, 1811591 bytes
ERROR: [weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#copmg.baf] -> [weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out/dw#copmg.baf] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved Minor Encounters], rolling back to previous state

WeiDU.log

On 3/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, Trouveur80 said:

Hi, I encountered again some bugs with a fresh install of SCS 34.3 on 2.6 BG2EE :

21.61 kB · 2 downloads

Try installing SCS using 64 bit Weidu (https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/tag/v249.00). That should resolve the out of memory errors. Just copy the 64bit Weidu exe into the game directory, rename it setup-stratagems and give the install another go.

Guest GreyjoysAnatomy
On 3/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, Bronzie said:

Try installing SCS using 64 bit Weidu (https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/tag/v249.00). That should resolve the out of memory errors. Just copy the 64bit Weidu exe into the game directory, rename it setup-stratagems and give the install another go.

Thank you so much for this, I was getting really frustrated trying to install scs and a couple other mods earlier today getting tons of out of memory errors. Came across your comment and downloaded the 64 bit Weidu and had zero issues afterwards.

Hello, I would like to report a bug.

When using this latest version of SCS (34.3) and the component Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once) when a mage e.g. Edwin learns Summon Dark Planetar if he later dies and gets revived, he no longer has access to the spell. Even after a rest or level up (even though during level up choose ability Summon Dark Planetar is still selected).

The readme states this regarding the battle horrors in Davaeorn's lair:

"The battle horrors, instead of being summoned by traps, are there already. They're enchanted to be immune to fire, lightning and web"

In reality, they've only got immunity to the spell fireball, lightning bolt and web. They can be nuked with any other source of fire or lightning damage, even a fireball from a wand of fire.

Why not just give them the fire and lightning resistance instead of adding these specific spell immunities?

And if this is intended, then... ????

Edited by boof

Those are the pre-placed kobolds on the map. Creature kobold7, starting neutral and with a script that makes them essentially passive until provoked. Then, in vanilla the area gives them the specifics script HELPMUL, which makes them listen to Mulahey when he starts calling for help.

SCS changes them by moving HELPMUL up to the override slot so it takes first priority, and adding generic melee combat scripts. They should get involved in the fight and go hostile when any of the enemies calls for help. But, unfortunately, SCS also changes how the minions are summoned. In vanilla, it's a dialogue action and Mulahey shouts for help - in a way that reaches everyone in the area. With SCS, it's in the area script and Mulahey doesn't get that global reach. There should be shouting anyway, including the minions, but it might not have the reach to pick up Xan's guards.

1 hour ago, jmerry said:

Those are the pre-placed kobolds on the map. Creature kobold7, starting neutral and with a script that makes them essentially passive until provoked. Then, in vanilla the area gives them the specifics script HELPMUL, which makes them listen to Mulahey when he starts calling for help.

SCS changes them by moving HELPMUL up to the override slot so it takes first priority, and adding generic melee combat scripts. They should get involved in the fight and go hostile when any of the enemies calls for help. But, unfortunately, SCS also changes how the minions are summoned. In vanilla, it's a dialogue action and Mulahey shouts for help - in a way that reaches everyone in the area. With SCS, it's in the area script and Mulahey doesn't get that global reach. There should be shouting anyway, including the minions, but it might not have the reach to pick up Xan's guards.

Now that you mention it I haven't heard Mulahey use his help voiceline a single time since I started playing again.

I've seen the kobolds work on some streamers' games though, but they were using older SCS and game versions.