IWDification Release Candidate 2 Now Available

CamDawg

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

As for the 'always' problem, are you visiting the area from a save outside of the area? Once you visit the area, the hobgoblins (and their weapons) get stored in the save game, so you need to load from before you visit.

I've started multiple runs which I abandoned. Even the CHARNAME wasn't shared among the 3-4 attempts I had. The multiple weapons on the FAI hobgoblins always occured. I dunno why the duplication occurs on them though, because they always ended up with multiple melee weapons.

Edited by Graion Dilach

Hi, I was trying to translate (for personal use as first intention) the bits of bard class description that are to be replaced/replacing in class updates bard.

Now I find that the specific bit at @201 (to be replaced)

@201="May use Bard Song ability\. While active, the Bard Song has the following effects:" // 1-4 must exactly match the appropriate strings from the BG2 description of the bard song (other than replacing '.' with '\.')

is different in BG1ee and BG2ee in french. See BG2ee

- Peut utiliser la capacité de 'Chant de barde'. Lorsqu'elle est active, cette capacité octroie aux alliés les bonus suivants : augmente moral à valeur moyenne, protection contre la peur et apaisement de la peur.

and

- Peut utiliser la capacité de « Chant du barde ». Lorsqu'elle est active, cette capacité octroie aux alliés les bonus suivants :
  Augmente le moral à sa valeur moyenne
  Protection contre la peur
  Apaisement de la peur

use different quote type (single quotes 'Chant de barde' vs "french quotes" « Chant du barde »)

They also have a different layout for the bard song bonuses : single line vs one per line.

How would I make it work ?

I know that it sucks that we add this regular expression mess to tra files, but it's really an exceptionally powerful tool that lets us modify only the bits we need to.

But since these are regular expression matches, so we can do something like

@201 = ~Peut utiliser la capacité de ['«] ?Chant d[eu] barde ?['»]\.~
@202 = ~[Aa]ugmente \(le \)?moral à \(sa \)?valeur moyenne,?~
@203 = ~[Pp]rotection contre la peur\( et\)?~
@204 = ~[Aa]paisement de la peur\.?~

Stuff inside brackets means it'll accept anything in the brackets as a match, so ['«] matches either quote style, or [Aa] means it'll match an upper- or lower-case A.

Question marks indicate that the item preceding it is optional, so in @201 the space-followed-by-a-question-mark means that it'll match if there's a space there or not, since the French-style quotes also add spaces.

All of the other extra words (like le and sa in @202) are wrapped in special parentheses and marked optional with question marks as well.

I actually tried to use

@201 = ~Peut utiliser la capacité de 'Chant de barde'\. Lorsqu'elle est active, cette capacité octroie aux alliés les bonus suivants :\|Peut utiliser la capacité de 'Chant de barde'\. Lorsqu'elle est active, cette capacité octroie aux alliés les bonus suivants :~

(Or'ing the two alternative of the whole @201 string)

I hadn't seen the du | de part at this time so that must be why it didn't work I guess.

Guest Morgoth

Whatt s the relatiknship with scs? There is a iwd component in scs too. Should i install this one first, scs first , or just choose between the two?please add some informations to the readme.

SCS and IWDification are distinct projects, so there are no plans to merge.

If you have IWD spells installed from IWDification, the IWD spell components in SCS will be automatically skipped and vice versa so there's no danger of conflict from having two versions floating around.

58 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

SCS and IWDification are distinct projects, so there are no plans to merge.

If you have IWD spells installed from IWDification, the IWD spell components in SCS will be automatically skipped and vice versa so there's no danger of conflict from having two versions floating around.

From my last try, I would say that the Improved Shapeshifting component from SCS is not compatible with the IWD druid shapeshifting component from IWDification.

Hi! I am new to this so I am sorry if this is wrong place to ask a question. You guys do amazing work. That being said I found some bugs (maybe?). Spell Smashing wave does nothing. PC will do casting animation waveing hands and such, log will display casting spell smahing wave and then nothing...no wave traveling no damage etc. Also exaltation spell do not work properly. I have rc2 instaled, I have instaled this mod independetly and I tried to install it as a part of scs, same problem. I deleted other mods, do the clean install and nothing...my version of game is 2.6.

On 2/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, Guest Joe222 said:

Hi! I am new to this so I am sorry if this is wrong place to ask a question. You guys do amazing work. That being said I found some bugs (maybe?). Spell Smashing wave does nothing. PC will do casting animation waveing hands and such, log will display casting spell smahing wave and then nothing...no wave traveling no damage etc. Also exaltation spell do not work properly. I have rc2 instaled, I have instaled this mod independetly and I tried to install it as a part of scs, same problem. I deleted other mods, do the clean install and nothing...my version of game is 2.6.

Cheers. It's a small error in the projectile; I've got it fixed for the next release.

@CamDawg

SEVEN_EYES_MAGE: description states that "This eye absorbs one manifestation of fire, electrical, cold, or acid damage.".

However, according to "7eyes.2da", this eye can also absorb one manifestation of magic (12*0x400000) damage.

Which of the two is the correct one...?

Edited by Luke