Forgotten Armament

For the list of mods that I do state compatibility for, I have worked around all of them so as not to overwrite or replace anything (i.e. MiH adds a sword to character 'x'. I do not replace weapons for character 'x' but may assign them a ring, armor, helm, or something else).

2 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

For the list of mods that I do state compatibility for, I have worked around all of them so as not to overwrite or replace anything (i.e. MiH adds a sword to character 'x'. I do not replace weapons for character 'x' but may assign them a ring, armor, helm, or something else).

Yeah, I thought so, I will probably install this mod, it looks quite interesting even at a price of losing some nifty trinkets from DSotSC. 

Official pre-release for version 0.6-Beta which brings the following enhancements:

• Added component to update all ability score increasing items to increment instead of set the value.
  • Added component to update all weapons to NWN2 Style stats.
  • Added component to add breach scrolls to Sorcerous Sundries.

NWN2 Style Weapons

Edited by morpheus562
On 5/31/2022 at 8:54 PM, morpheus562 said:
  • Added component to update all stat increasing items to increment instead of set the value.

Dammit. I've just started a new install this Sunday... ahwell.

Does this affects the AC bracers as well, or just the base stat items?

Also, how does the NWN2 style stats handle composite bows (both standard long and RR's short ones)?

Edited by Graion Dilach

@Graion DilachAbility scores (STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA) is actually the correct term. AC braces are not effected.

I recommend installing that component, and my NWN2 style weapons components AFTER SCS (but before my Skills and Abilities proficiency updates). Reason being is SCS adds a couple items that we want to look at and update accordingly. 

Composite bows, both standard and RR ones, receive the following:

Critical Threat: 20/x2+1d6

Base bonuses remain on the bows. If a bow has a "Keen" property, then the critical threat range will automatically be updated. I added a link above that outlines the base weapon stats.

Edited by morpheus562
Guest Graion@Work
On 3/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, morpheus562 said:

I have not placed previously assigned items into inventory since I feel it could lead to balancing issues (i.e. character now drops an item I give them plus a weapon from DSotSC).

Not a fan. Sure, there isn't really a good option here* (mindlessly adding the items risk pushing out stuff from the inventory as Gwaihir proved a while ago), this mindset would longterm require to maintain a giant shared itemlist for people to look at what slots are unused.

* excluding adding individual new mobs to the encounters who wield the new items, like say, one more supplementing druid to Seniyad's group or something, but taht needs scripting updates as well afterall

I know I'll be asking a lot here, but I'd moreso push for risking the pushout atleast as an INI option. IIRC only the pushout can still be fixed later down the road (unless REPLACE_CRE_ITEM also keeps the previous item embedded in the CRE file, because then a tweak mod can still go over the CRE file, gather up all the items lacking an inventory index, collect them into a bag of holding and then replace and add that bag of holding into the game as well).

5 hours ago, Guest Graion@Work said:

Not a fan. Sure, there isn't really a good option here* (mindlessly adding the items risk pushing out stuff from the inventory as Gwaihir proved a while ago), this mindset would longterm require to maintain a giant shared itemlist for people to look at what slots are unused.

* excluding adding individual new mobs to the encounters who wield the new items, like say, one more supplementing druid to Seniyad's group or something, but taht needs scripting updates as well afterall

I know I'll be asking a lot here, but I'd moreso push for risking the pushout atleast as an INI option. IIRC only the pushout can still be fixed later down the road (unless REPLACE_CRE_ITEM also keeps the previous item embedded in the CRE file, because then a tweak mod can still go over the CRE file, gather up all the items lacking an inventory index, collect them into a bag of holding and then replace and add that bag of holding into the game as well).

I would need to think on this. I would not say that I mindlessly added items due to the many, many hours spent ensuring compatibility with the mods I listed. There already probably should be a giant shared itemlist since I had to manually verify I wasn't overwriting something by the various other item mods that inserted items the same way that I am.

I'm not opposed to new mobs and assigned scripting templates, but one of the main issues I was hoping to correct was giving higher level enemies items that are in line with their progression. To me it makes no sense for a level 12 fighter to be using either a non-magical or generic non-named +1 longsword, so I give them something like a unique and named +1/+2 weapon instead. By adding and giving  the items to new enemies, then the old ones I was trying to buff will still be using their same old weapon. Revanek, the 19th level fighter in the Twisted Rune, would still be completely naked for example.

The ini option you propose is doable, but I will need to figure out a way to check if a .cre has an item assigned in the slot I want to use, and then to copy that item and move it to the inventory. I don't think there is an easy way to say move Weapon1 to Inventory, so I'll just have to come up with the appropriate way to do it.

REPLACE_CRE_ITEM will remove the previous item embedded in the CRE file.

ADD_CRE_ITEM will add the item to the first empty slot in the list. If no slot is empty, the item will be placed in the first slot in the list and the item that previously occupied the slot will be moved to the general inventory. If the general inventory is full, the moved item will be discarded.

That's from WeiDU's own doc. Additionally. discarded items this way are still remaining in the CRE file, they just end up without an inventory index. Which is why that can still be salvaged via a late-install tweak mod to parse these out into dynamically created bag of holdings.

9 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

That's from WeiDU's own doc. Additionally. discarded items this way are still remaining in the CRE file, they just end up without an inventory index. Which is why that can still be salvaged via a late-install tweak mod to parse these out into dynamically created bag of holdings.

Thank you! That should be a relatively easier update then.