Forgotten Armament

Thanks for the mod, looks really interesting. A few questions:

1) When only using the first two components (Install Forgotten Armament Items and Update Existing Items in Addition to Adding New Ones), i would expect no compatibility problems with other mods that add new items -- Meaning: the only compatibility concern would be other mods that modify vanilla items like IR. Is that correct?

2) Any specific reason to remove Boots of Speed?

3) What is still missing for an official non-Beta release, aka, how complete and stable is the mod as of now?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, cdds said:

Thanks for the mod, looks really interesting. A few questions:

1) When only using the first two components (Install Forgotten Armament Items and Update Existing Items in Addition to Adding New Ones), i would expect no compatibility problems with other mods that add new items -- Meaning: the only compatibility concern would be other mods that modify vanilla items like IR. Is that correct?

2) Any specific reason to remove Boots of Speed?

3) What is still missing for an official non-Beta release, aka, how complete and stable is the mod as of now?

Thanks!

To address your questions:

1) I tried to remove any incompatibility between mods that add new items. I list the mods that add items I took into account, so it is possible there could be a conflict with one of those other mods. Yes, there will be conflict with mods that change items like Item Revisions.

2) Boots of speed provides a huge advantage and becomes the boot everyone equips. I wanted to give the player an option to branch out and do something different.

3) I'd say the items I created are very stable; however, I keep adding more to it. I want to complete more items in my item update component, then I think it will be ready to get out of beta.

2 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

@cddsI honestly have no idea since I haven't looked at it. Does it alter existing robes and add new robes to existing characters?

Apart from adding some new items to vendors, it also has a component to change the look of robes, described as follows: 

Robe tweaks section doesn't add new items, but only tweaks existing robes. It gives them the ability to switch between all three possible visual types (no hood and no cape, no hood with cape, hooded with cape) via item abilities. Every robe then looks as original by default, but has two item abilities, which can change their looks to the other 2 visual types. [...] This component patches the mage robes, so it is compatible with mods that alter them. You must install this mod after such mods, however.

2 minutes ago, celebjorn said:

Hey @morpheus562, was curious how this mod interacts with Anthology Tweak's changes to proficiencies (specifically, the NWN2 changes from Forgotten Armament and the tweak that broadens proficiency categories, ie closer to BG1, but includes weapon styles from Anthology Tweaks). Thanks!

Install my NWN2 changes component first. I haven't used the Tweaks Anthology version, but it works with my proficiency overhaul within Skills and Abilities which acts the same while providing net new non-weapon proficiencies.

3 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

@morpheus562 In your last EET Weidu-log two components from Forgotten Armament ("10 - NWN2 Style Weapons" and "4 - Update Items Setting an Ability Score to Increment the Increase"). Any particular reason to proceed that way ?

Those components need to come after all mods that add items, so that is why they are later in the install. SCS does add some items, so they should be post SCS.

Edited by morpheus562
3 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

Sorry. I have been checking your last EET Weidu.log and i can't figure why the two components ("10 - NWN2 Style Weapons" and "4 - Update Items Setting an Ability Score to Increment the Increase") from Forgotten Armament are installed after Skills&Abilities. I was just asking why ? (sorry for my english)