Forgotten Armament

Just now, J Beau said:

Not everyone uses Item Revisions though.

It is standalone in IR, so one can use it without getting the big bulk of changes that comes from IR. I wanted to do some things with Crit Immunity that I wasn't seeing IR do, so that was the reason for me writing it the way I did.

Official release for version 2.0 which brings the following enhancements:

• Updated NWN Style Weapons to not alter P&P Celestials Weapons.
  • Updated Taralash +4 and +5.
  • Changed Yamato +4 to provide Critical Hit Immunity instead of extra APR.
  • Add new component to remove Critical Hit Immunity from Helmets and make Shields immune to Critical Hits.
On 1/12/2023 at 9:29 AM, morpheus562 said:

Players will have the option to either allow it remove the critical hit immunity many bosses and difficult foes have. Finally, I'm open to suggestions on which items should receive crit immunity. So far I have: Blessed Bracers, Claw of Klazgaroth, and my Imaskari Bracers of Immortality. Other items up for consideration include Ilbratha, Gargoyle Boots, and the upgraded Helm of the Rock.

Cloak of Displacement? It makes sense that an item which projects the wearer as being in a slightly different position also prevents hits on their vitals.

Also, it would allow monks and kensai some source of crit immunity in the early game when they most need it.

Official release for version 2.1 which brings the following enhancements:

• Updated Axe of the Unyielding and Silver Swords to deal damage if the target makes a successful save vs. vorpal strike.
  • If EEex is installed, the updated Carsomyr (+5/+6) will bypass protections like PfMW.
  • Update Ixil's Spike +6.

After some wonderful ideas from another discussion on this board, I am working on adding a new set pieces component. This will provide unique combos and bonuses, similar to Diablo 3 style, if items of the same set are worn together. So far, it has been mostly testing to see what is possible, and with that out of the way it makes room for actually building out some unique set combos! So far, I have the below done for testing and plan to add many more.

Balduran Set includes the Helm of Balduran, Cloak of Balduran, Shield of Balduran, Plate of Balduran, and Sword of Balduran (BG2EE version). This combo will do the following:

• Hit Points: +10 (2 pieces)
  • Regenerate 1 Hit Point per round (3 pieces)
  • +20% resistance to physical damage (4 pieces)
  • Balduran's Sword is treated as having a +4 enchantment for the purposes of determining what it can hit. The sword also deals an additional +1d8 fire damage per hit (5 pieces)

Elvenkind Set includes the Boots and Cloak of Elvenkind. This combo will do the following:

• +2 Dexterity (2 pieces)

Other sets I am looking at building out are: Haer'Dalis Sword Set, Drizzt Set, Whispers Set (Worn Whispers and Whispers of Silence), Dwarven Set (Helm of Dumathoin and Crom), Wormsor Set (Dragonscale Shield and Dragon Helm), and Shadow Thief (Shadow Armor and Shadow's Blade). There is definitely lots more room to build out many different sets and combos.

Hi first of all i really enjoy your Mod so far even though i only played it through BG1 (waiting for a big Quest Mod for BG2 EE to be finished before starting my journey there).

I have a few questions about your plans for Set Bonuses (which i think is awesome):

You wrote about your planned Set Bonuses from the Balduran Set and in general i really like the idea of Physical Resistance Items especially on Insane SCS No Reload but i think it could be slightly overpowered in certain cases. 
I know that Powerlevels of Items is in a lot cases really subjective and what some people might consider "Overpowered" others will deem as totally acceptable and vice versa. Of Course it all depends on the Mod Setup and if other Tactic Mods and Difficulty Increasing Mods are installed, self restricted Rules on cheese etc.

1. If you gather lets say the Helmet (importable), the Shield, the Cloak and the Armor from the Set and combine it with DoE than you can get really early in the Game a whooping Physical Damage Resistance of 40% without much of a difficult fight to obtain said items. Combine this with a Dwarfen Defender and you have 90% Physical Damage Resistance.

My first suggestion would be to give the Cloak (which is really really strong for BG2 as well) to an Powerfull Enemy later in the Game to make it not quite as early possible to stack that much Resistances.

My second suggestion would be changing the Set Bonus to a strong effect which just increases offense like +2 Strength or something like this. 

2. The cloak is to my knowledge not implemented in BG2 and only accessable via Console. What was your original plan to include it in the game if i may ask??

3. Are your planned Set Bonuses compatible when i combine your Mod with SodtoBG2 Item Upgrade??

Again i don't want to sound like the Power Scaling Police and i like worthy Rewards for Extremely Difficult fights but i think this could be to much Power early in the Game.

Edited by Nurn
5 hours ago, Nurn said:

Hi first of all i really enjoy your Mod so far even though i only played it through BG1 (waiting for a big Quest Mod for BG2 EE to be finished before starting my journey there).

I have a few questions about your plans for Set Bonuses (which i think is awesome):

You wrote about your planned Set Bonuses from the Balduran Set and in general i really like the idea of Physical Resistance Items especially on Insane SCS No Reload but i think it could be slightly overpowered in certain cases. 
I know that Powerlevels of Items is in a lot cases really subjective and what some people might consider "Overpowered" others will deem as totally acceptable and vice versa. Of Course it all depends on the Mod Setup and if other Tactic Mods and Difficulty Increasing Mods are installed, self restricted Rules on cheese etc.

1. If you gather lets say the Helmet (importable), the Shield, the Cloak and the Armor from the Set and combine it with DoE than you can get really early in the Game a whooping Physical Damage Resistance of 40% without much of a difficult fight to obtain said items. Combine this with a Dwarfen Defender and you have 90% Physical Damage Resistance.

My first suggestion would be to give the Cloak (which is really really strong for BG2 as well) to an Powerfull Enemy later in the Game to make it not quite as early possible to stack that much Resistances.

My second suggestion would be changing the Set Bonus to a strong effect which just increases offense like +2 Strength or something like this. 

2. The cloak is to my knowledge not implemented in BG2 and only accessable via Console. What was your original plan to include it in the game if i may ask??

3. Are your planned Set Bonuses compatible when i combine your Mod with SodtoBG2 Item Upgrade??

Again i don't want to sound like the Power Scaling Police and i like worthy Rewards for Extremely Difficult fights but i think this could be to much Power early in the Game.

Thank you for your feedback! To better respond/address your points:

1. The purpose of the sets is to find and create new and interesting combinations, whether it be with other items or even kits. In the example you provide above, you are going to be restricted to a +3 weapon, a -1 STR due to the shield, and a reduced APR. You will get a strong DR; however, you will be slowed down with DD defensive stance, the damage you'll be able to output is minimal, and there are other damage types you will be exposed to. I also don't know off the top of my head, but the cost of Plate of Balduran, Shield of Balduran, and DoE is gonna get pretty expensive early on and it will delay the purchase of other good items like Vecna Robe, STR belt, and even weapons.
  2. I do not add the cloak into the game, other mods do this. I can't think of it off the top of my head, but I did confirm it before making this update and set bonuses. Memory serves, I want to say the cloak isn't present right away which would remove your example of something the player can abuse in the early game.
  3. My mods update and edit in game items while avoiding destructive editing (dropping my version into an override file). If you install SodtoBG2 first, it will probably be fine (if you install Forgotten Armament after it), but I haven't followed that mod recently and do not know everything it touches/alters.
Edited by morpheus562

Just wanna say this mod is great on BG1. Haven't gone into SoD and BG2 yet. I recently posted some issues i found in the github.

Just an idea, is there a way to check for Thalantyr's item upgrade mod, and avoid installing The Shadow's Blade component? Both mods are redundant. Or maybe there's a better creative way to solve this. (Actually if someone could take up on that mod, since it's been inactive since 2019, that'd be awesome).

More item ideas:

- Gently unnerf the Stupifier by removing the save vs spell or increasing proc chance?

- Make something useful out of Druid's Ring lol.

Thanks again!