Forgotten Armament

2 minutes ago, Nurn said:

Ah ok Thank you for explaining. I understand now. Could i fix that in Near Infinity just setting the Charges to 1 till your next Update?
Or would the Item disappear after using with only 1 Charge? In that case i will just wait for your fix.

Updating near infinity to 1 charge in the store will resolve the issue. I've already tested and the item works as desired.

just chiming in to say that I had the same "no effects altered on amul27" as a previous commenter mentioned. The description now reads that it provides 25% magic resistance, but when I check the item file in NearInfinity, it still reads +10%, and a changelog shows that Forgotten Armament is the only mod affecting that item.

3 minutes ago, moggadeet said:

just chiming in to say that I had the same "no effects altered on amul27" as a previous commenter mentioned. The description now reads that it provides 25% magic resistance, but when I check the item file in NearInfinity, it still reads +10%, and a changelog shows that Forgotten Armament is the only mod affecting that item.

The fix is part of the next release.

Prices on charged items are scaled to the number of charges; the standard Greenstone Amulet has a base price of 10K gold and a charge maximum of 50. Buy a 10-charge version, and it'll cost you 10K*(10/50)*(store multiplier, adjusted by rep and CHA). Which is fairly reasonable; a shopper with neutral rep and CHA at Ulgoth's Beard will pay 3000 gold for it, while a shopper with 20 rep and 20 CHA will pay 1340.

Now, this mod changes it to a 1/day item. One charge maximum. But items placed in the world have their current charge numbers specified there. So if you don't update the store, that version will still have 10 charges. So now it costs 10K*(10/1)*(store multiplier, adjusted by rep and CHA). 50 times as much as the old version, and that's where those huge numbers come from. A shopper with a 20% discount sees a price of 120K, while a shopper with a 25% discount sees a price of 112K.

So, obviously, the version in that store needs to change so it only starts with one charge. And so does the one in a container in BG2's beholder cave (15 charges in the standard game). And I'd consider reducing the price; as it is, you're effectively paying for 50 charges, and you probably won't use it that many times over the course of the game.

Note that updating the store file in your install will not apply to ongoing games that have already visited the store; stores get copied into saves, so you need to find the copy in the .SAV file and update that if you want the change to apply to your current game.

11 hours ago, jmerry said:

Prices on charged items are scaled to the number of charges; the standard Greenstone Amulet has a base price of 10K gold and a charge maximum of 50. Buy a 10-charge version, and it'll cost you 10K*(10/50)*(store multiplier, adjusted by rep and CHA). Which is fairly reasonable; a shopper with neutral rep and CHA at Ulgoth's Beard will pay 3000 gold for it, while a shopper with 20 rep and 20 CHA will pay 1340.

Now, this mod changes it to a 1/day item. One charge maximum. But items placed in the world have their current charge numbers specified there. So if you don't update the store, that version will still have 10 charges. So now it costs 10K*(10/1)*(store multiplier, adjusted by rep and CHA). 50 times as much as the old version, and that's where those huge numbers come from. A shopper with a 20% discount sees a price of 120K, while a shopper with a 25% discount sees a price of 112K.

So, obviously, the version in that store needs to change so it only starts with one charge. And so does the one in a container in BG2's beholder cave (15 charges in the standard game). And I'd consider reducing the price; as it is, you're effectively paying for 50 charges, and you probably won't use it that many times over the course of the game.

Note that updating the store file in your install will not apply to ongoing games that have already visited the store; stores get copied into saves, so you need to find the copy in the .SAV file and update that if you want the change to apply to your current game.

Those were the two I found and corrected earlier yesterday. Instead of updating the single store in ulgoths beard, I iterate through all stores looking to see if the greenstone amulet is present and alter accordingly. This should account for any mods that either add new stores with the item or add it to existing stores. I also updated minsc7_.cre as he was wearing a version of it too.

2 hours ago, basical said:

Is the effects on the melodic chain exactly the same than the Bard hat?

Yes, it does the same as the Bard hat and should stack with it.

2 hours ago, basical said:

Would you like to expand on the Wormsor Set concept, and add the rest of the dragon slaying items to the set?: Dragon's Bane,  Red Dragon Scale, Peridan.

No, because the warlock Wormsor only crafted the Dragon Helm and Dragon Scale Shield, per the item descriptions. He was not part of the creation of the other dragon fighting items.

Just now, Elder Enigma said:

I don't know if it's intended or not but 'Eye of the Sun +3' at the Guarded Compound drops already identified.

Do you plan to add unique icons to the new items in the future?

I do not have the means or ability to create my own icons. If someone would be kind enough to make some for me to use within the mod, then I'd very happily add them. 

I'll look into why the item is dropping as identified.

10 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Yes, it does the same as the Bard hat and should stack with it.

No, because the warlock Wormsor only crafted the Dragon Helm and Dragon Scale Shield, per the item descriptions. He was not part of the creation of the other dragon fighting items.

Thank you. I've tested them for a while and don't see it stacking. But i'd argue that's fine. 4 rounds of extra song sounds super overpowered.