Forgotten Armament

Guest Daveorn

Great mod but why are Bastard Swords still forgotten😀 . Only 1  is available pre Under Dark  . You already get  2 decent Bastard Swords in the UD ( Bleeder and Seering).  Would have been nice to get a decent +2 or +3 pre UD early SoA

15 minutes ago, Guest Daveorn said:

Great mod but why are Bastard Swords still forgotten😀 . Only 1  is available pre Under Dark  . You already get  2 decent Bastard Swords in the UD ( Bleeder and Seering).  Would have been nice to get a decent +2 or +3 pre UD early SoA

Streamer Dav? 

You're right though regarding frequency. I think I have a +2 I introduce in BGEE and I can find a place for it pre-underdark. The other thing is I'm very used to my skills and abilities prof overhaul (and others do this) that combined bastard swords and long swords together into a single prof.

More bastard sword would be nice, I quite agree :)

Some ideas:

Duellist's Blade +2

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• 10% chance to negate any incoming melee damage

Combat abilities:

• Each successful hit grants the user Armor Class: +1 (up to +3)
  • Each miss removes Armor Class from the user (up to -2)

THAC0: +2

Damage: 2d4+2

Damage type: Slashing

Speed Factor: 5

Proficiency Type: Bastard Sword

Type: One-handed

Requires:

11 Strength

Weight: 7

Ironhand +3

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• Critical Hit Chance: +10%

Combat abilities:

• 10% chance target's AC is decreased by 1 (up to -3)

THAC0: +3

Damage: 2d4+3

Damage type: Piercing

Speed Factor: 8

Proficiency Type: Bastard Sword

Type: One-handed

Requires:

15 Strength

Weight: 12

This mod does not add any much-needed flail in BG1/BG1EE. 

A few ability/skill mods reassign the Flail/Morning Star proficiency Mace/Morning Star proficiency, (i.e., morning star is moved from out of the flail into mace proficiency.)   The reassignment makes the Mace/Morning Star proficiency into a much more attractive proficiency.  On the other hand, flail by itself become a proficiency... and BG1  really does not have enough good flail for it to be a useful or viable proficiency on its own.

Most any characters should select one — and only one — weapon proficiency that delivers crushing damages, i.e., flail, hammer, mace, morning star or staff.   IMO, putting proficiency points into more than one crushing-type weapon is not economical.  Also, some classes and kits may not have enough proficiency points to put points into more than one crushing-type weapon.  Which means, the flail proficiency is no longer a viable option BG1 due to the lack of availability. 

(Which is why I have always avoided and never used any mod that reassigns the Flail/Morning Star Mace/Morning Star proficiency, e.g., the Item Revisions mod.)

Anyway, my point is: I'd like to see some item or weapon mods add flails into BG1, (not BG2; as BG2 already has a couple very powerful flails to make the proficiency worthwhile.)   I have been looking around for any mod that adds good flails into BG1 so I can use mods that revise proficiency categorization.  Surprisingly, I really have not found any; (which is the reason why I was looking into this mod.) It seems like no one else has thought of moving morning star into the mace proficiency would seriously gimp the flail proficiency in BG1.

P.S. Seriously, enough long swords already.  Even without any mods, BG1 and BG2 already have too many long swords.  Seriously, does Greywolf need to carry/drop TWO enchanted long sword??

Edited by ktchong
11 hours ago, ktchong said:

This mod does not add any much-needed flail in BG1/BG1EE. 

A few ability/skill mods reassign the Flail/Morning Star proficiency Mace/Morning Star proficiency, (i.e., morning star is moved from out of the flail into mace proficiency.)   The reassignment makes the Mace/Morning Star proficiency into a much more attractive proficiency.  On the other hand, flail by itself become a proficiency... and BG1  really does not have enough good flail for it to be a useful or viable proficiency on its own.

Most any characters should select one — and only one — weapon proficiency that delivers crushing damages, i.e., flail, hammer, mace, morning star or staff.   IMO, putting proficiency points into more than one crushing-type weapon is not economical.  Also, some classes and kits may not have enough proficiency points to put points into more than one crushing-type weapon.  Which means, the flail proficiency is no longer a viable option BG1 due to the lack of availability. 

(Which is why I have always avoided and never used any mod that reassigns the Flail/Morning Star Mace/Morning Star proficiency, e.g., the Item Revisions mod.)

Anyway, my point is: I'd like to see some item or weapon mods add flails into BG1, (not BG2; as BG2 already has a couple very powerful flails to make the proficiency worthwhile.)   I have been looking around for any mod that adds good flails into BG1 so I can use mods that revise proficiency categorization.  Surprisingly, I really have not found any; (which is the reason why I was looking into this mod.) It seems like no one else has thought of moving morning star into the mace proficiency would seriously gimp the flail proficiency in BG1.

P.S. Seriously, enough long swords already.  Even without any mods, BG1 and BG2 already have too many long swords.  Seriously, does Greywolf need to carry/drop TWO enchanted long sword??

I do update The Thresher +2 which does provide a very competitive +2 flail (+10% Physical Damage DR). That aside, I do think you are right and one or two more mundane flails can be provided for the player to choose. 

Regarding Greywolf, he should only be dropping the one +1 longsword I provide. Varscona should be moved elsewhere in BGEE.

I may have found a bug:

Ysridain's Soul (MOAM04.ITM, the necklace dropped by one of the enemies in the first encounter in the planar prison) states it is usable by a Barbarian but my main character despite being the latter cannot use it.

I have Tweaks Anthology installed after Forgotten Armament so it might have something to do with it, I'm not sure.

Another really minor aesthetic typo in the 'Spider's Kiss +2' (MO1H50.ITM) description. In the damage line says 1D8+2 while in all the other item descriptions the 'd' is in lowercase.

Edited by Elder Enigma
5 hours ago, Elder Enigma said:

I may have found a bug:

Ysridain's Soul (MOAM04.ITM, the necklace dropped by one of the enemies in the first encounter in the planar prison) states it is usable by a Barbarian but my main character despite being the latter cannot use it.

I have Tweaks Anthology installed after Forgotten Armament so it might have something to do with it, I'm not sure.

Another really minor aesthetic typo in the 'Spider's Kiss +2' (MO1H50.ITM) description. In the damage line says 1D8+2 while in all the other item descriptions the 'd' is in lowercase.

Ysridain's states it is for a Bard, not Barbarian, and the character who drops it is a Blade kit.

Updated Spiders Kiss. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

Screenshot2024-02-28161537.png.b9639b4b02431ecd1a5ad91a0c239f02.png

I guess that is Barbarian being wonky from the time it was it's own class. I restricted fighters from using it, which should also restrict Barbarian (and it appears that does work correctly because your Barb can't use it); however, it is still showing as usable. I updated the item so Barbarian should no longer be shown here.

Helm of Gram the Mouse (MOHED01.ITM) and Mantle of Gram the Mouse (MOCLK01.ITM) both have usable by Barbarian in the list, and again barbarians cannot use it.

Also does the helm really not protect from critical hits? That amount of money just for +5% piercing damage resistance?