Forgotten Armament

On 10/28/2023 at 5:06 PM, morpheus562 said:

I prefer carsomyr to actually be able to bypass pfmw and the like. Otherwise, I find the dispel on hit as mostly useless.

Sad but very true.

I guess if there was an easy solution to achieve this without the need for EEex, you would have done it already. Although... a combination of Breach and Ruby Ray perhaps?

What is this for? Effect 0 from Carsomyr's melee ability (Item ability 0):

Type: Protection from resource (318)
Target: Preset target (2)
Power: 0
Creature value: MANTLE - 121
Creature type: SPLSTATE = specified value (110)
Timing mode: Instant/Limited - 0
Dispel/Resistance: Natural/Nonmagical (0)
Duration: 0
Probability 1: 100
Probability 2: 0
Resource: SW2H10.ITM (Carsomyr +5)
# dice thrown/maximum level: 0
Dice size/minimum level: 0
Save type: ( No save )
Save bonus: 0
Description note: <NO TEXT>

EDIT: Got it, thanks to AutoDescription. It's there to prevent the bonus damage vs. CE to bypass mantles.

EDIT: Wrong again, see here.

Edited by Lurker
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Sad but very true.

I guess if there was an easy solution to achieve this without the need for EEex, you would have done it already. Although... a combination of Breach and Ruby Ray perhaps?

What is this for? Effect 0 from Carsomyr's melee ability (Item ability 0):

Type: Protection from resource (318)
Target: Preset target (2)
Power: 0
Creature value: MANTLE - 121
Creature type: SPLSTATE = specified value (110)
Timing mode: Instant/Limited - 0
Dispel/Resistance: Natural/Nonmagical (0)
Duration: 0
Probability 1: 100
Probability 2: 0
Resource: SW2H10.ITM (Carsomyr +5)
# dice thrown/maximum level: 0
Dice size/minimum level: 0
Save type: ( No save )
Save bonus: 0
Description note: <NO TEXT>

It isn't something I add, but it looks like it protects a creature from Carsomyr if the creature has Mantle up. I would look at your other mods and see which one adds it.

Combinations of Ruby Ray or Breach won't work on hit without EEeex as they would still require on-hit which Carsomyr can't do through PfMW.

Edited by morpheus562
On 11/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, morpheus562 said:

Combinations of Ruby Ray or Breach won't work on hit without EEeex as they would still require on-hit which Carsomyr can't do through PfMW.

D'oh. :blush:

Although, the ability to cast a level 15 Dispel Magic is even more mostly useless. Could replace that... (just thinking out loud for myself)

On 11/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, morpheus562 said:

I have no idea what that is for as it isn't something I add.

It's there to prevent the bonus damage vs. CE to bypass mantles. I removed it, (re-)installed AutoDescription and compared the logs. EDIT: And, again, I misinterpreted the situation.

I guess I jumped at the MANTLE, and then mixed that up with bypassing PfMW. Seems like my heuristics overreacted, while trying to make sense of this stuff. I'm sorry.

Edited by Lurker
1 hour ago, morpheus562 said:

would still require on-hit which Carsomyr can't do through PfMW

Forget if I mentioned thus before, but this may be possible. Maybe. Hits do actually register through PfMW, but I think only for the purposes of contingencies. So you could try to set a contingency when hit, to evaluate the person who last hit you, and if they have Carsomyr equipped, then cast Dispel Magic on self. 

Very theoretically. 

I suppose you could also do something like, have PfMW block up to +6 weapons, and block all slashing damage (being protected from weapons should presumably protect you from everything that can slash you, right?), and then set Carsomyr to be a +7 weapon. So Carsomyr would do no damage when hitting, but on-hit effects would work. 

21 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

It isn't something I add, but it looks like it protects a creature from Carsomyr if the creature has Mantle up. I would look at your other mods and see which one adds it.

(quote from up here)

It's from @subtledoctor.

Mods affecting SW2H19.ITM:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ 0 20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptionsv28
00001:  ~ITEMUPGRADE/ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ 0 10 // Shadows Of Amn Item UpgradesRevised Version (new upgrades presented in the same style as existing upgrades)v45
00002:  ~FORGOTTEN-ARMAMENT/FORGOTTEN-ARMAMENT.TP2~ 0 21 // Update Existing In-Game Itemsv3.0
00003:  ~D5_RANDOM_TWEAKS/D5_RANDOM_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 2708 // Change Mantle into 'Iron Skin'1.6
00004:  ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Optionsv16
00005:  ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Levelv16
00006:  ~SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES/SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2~ 0 300 // Update Weapon Fighting Stylesv2.0
00007:  ~SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES/SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2~ 0 312 // Overhaul Proficiency System - Add New Proficiencies and Weapon StylesAccelerated Proficiency Progressionv2.0
00008:  ~SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES/SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2~ 0 400 // 2H Weapon Additional Strength Bonusv2.0
00009: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.6
00010:  ~AUTODESCRIPTION/AUTODESCRIPTION.TP2~ 1 10 // Standardize item descriptions0.9.30

Effect not present in sw2h19.00003.itm, present in sw2h19.00004.itm.

It's also adding "noise" to the generated item descriptions from AutoDescription, for I guess every single weapon. I was under the expression (again, my mental heuristics like to establish "rules", but often sadly lack enough information for reliably doing so) that this was a base game mechanic. Another misinterpretation on my part. Twice.

And I install the component which adds this only because I find it stupid that druids in the base game get Iron Skin (but are allergic to metal equipment), and mages get Stone Skin. I'd be happy if that component was just switching the descriptions, and nothing else.

I know this is OT here, but I nonetheless wanted to bring this to a sane conclusion. And I also suspected @morpheus562's other mod, S&A, for a brief moment while looking at this shorter diff, because I still tend to misinterpret the numbering scheme from weidu --change-log and the corresponding numbered items from time to time.

Edited by Lurker
12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It isn't something I add, but it looks like it protects a creature from Carsomyr if the creature has Mantle up.

Not Mantle - it uses the Mantle spellstate if you install my “replace Mantle with Iron Skins” component. Idea being, it is Stoneskin that blocks on-hit effects. Similar to PfMW but measured in hits taken instead of rounds of duration. I think appropriate, for a spell of a higher level than PfMW itself. 

Gotta breach them, or just hit them 15 times and the protection will disappear. Both quicker than the duration of PfMW. (And yeah it stops Carsomyr from being a key that solves every encounter, quite by design.)

Edited by subtledoctor

Official release for version 4.0 which brings the following enhancements:

• Added new Armor Overhaul component.
  • Added 28 new items.
  • Hindo's Doom +4 now provides immunity to disease and level drain.
  • Gram the Sword of Grief (upgraded) becomes a +6 enchanted weapon instead of +5.
  • Ravager +6 now deals 1d10 slashing damage if a creature is immune to the vorpal strike.
  • World's Edge (BGEE) and Harbinger +2 (BG2EE) share the same item resource. Updated to ensure the correct item receives the updates.
  • Add Ruby Ray Scrolls to Trademeet Store component.
  • Only one charge on the Greenstone Amulet at all stores and the Beholder Lair.
  • Corrected bug on Bone Club where incorrect eff files were applied.
  • Updated Purifier +5 description updates.
  • Fixed multiple minor item bugs.
21 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Official release for version 4.0 which brings the following enhancements:

• Added new Armor Overhaul component.
  • Added 28 new items.
  • Hindo's Doom +4 now provides immunity to disease and level drain.
  • Gram the Sword of Grief (upgraded) becomes a +6 enchanted weapon instead of +5.
  • Ravager +6 now deals 1d10 slashing damage if a creature is immune to the vorpal strike.
  • World's Edge (BGEE) and Harbinger +2 (BG2EE) share the same item resource. Updated to ensure the correct item receives the updates.
  • Add Ruby Ray Scrolls to Trademeet Store component.
  • Only one charge on the Greenstone Amulet at all stores and the Beholder Lair.
  • Corrected bug on Bone Club where incorrect eff files were applied.
  • Updated Purifier +5 description updates.
  • Fixed multiple minor item bugs.

Congrats on the new release!

Hey Morpheus, just a thought, don't you think some of these bonuses on weapons are more unreliable and underwhelming than it seems, at least related to where they drop?

So, a 10% chance, on top of a 30% chance or less of not saving the throw, on any enemy with decent saves, amounts to a 3% chance per hit.

I mean, a 10% chance would be already lowish but reasonable, with 5APR that'd be a 50% chance of triggering -2 str and slow per round, on a weapon that shows up on the 9th chapter (being 10th the final one) of ToB.

Unless the point is more RP value than usefulness, which is fine since that's your decision.

If you'd agree I'm willing to look into the "weapon ability value/location" ratio and throw in  some suggestions?

Cheers,

image.thumb.png.fdfd3bbfe7f6ab7a6379406b02128d8d.png

Edited by basical
3 hours ago, InKal said:

I am not sure if this is intentional or experimental or maybe just a bug in my game. Armor limiting dexterity is not limiting it but actually damaging it, so you can restore your dex by casting restoration spell.

It applies -x to Dex if the characters Dex goes over the limit. This is done via a repeating effect, so any benefit from casting restoration should be temporary and should go away in a couple seconds.