Forgotten Armament

1 hour ago, morpheus562 said:

I'm working on yet another armor overhaul component for players to choose. I understand there are a myriad of other options; however, I do things a little bit differently that may be enticing to some players. The biggest difference between my armor overhaul compared to others that exist is I am setting the armor user's Dex so it cannot go beyond the max Dex the armor allows, akin to 3.5e. Other mods will either reduce Dex by x amount or y percent while mine prohibits going over the max via repeating effects. This means the player can't equip Plate Mail which drops a character's max Dex to 14 then equip gloves of Dexterity to boost Dex to 18. It will still be limited and no amount of Dex increasing items, abilities, or spells will raise it beyond the max. This is all implemented and currently works, just doing some refinements right now. Below will be the new values I am looking at:

• Full Plate Mail
    • Max Dex: 15
    • Physical Damage Resistance: +30% 
  • Plate Mail
    • Max Dex: 14
    • Physical Damage Resistance: +20% 
  • Scale
    • Max Dex: 17
    • Physical Damage Resistance: +15% 
  • Splint
    • Max Dex: 15
    • Physical Damage Resistance: +15% 
  • Chain
    • Max Dex: 16
    • Physical Damage Resistance: +10% 
  • Hide
    • Max Dex: 18
    • Physical Damage Resistance: +5% 
  • Studded Leather
    • Max Dex: 20
  • Leather
    • Max Dex: 22

PLEASE NOTE: Mithral and Elven chain armors allow an increase to max Dex by +1.

(Quote added due to page transition)

This might need some adjustments to other resistance sources; a level 20 dwarven defender wearing full plate reaches 100% physical immunity when using Defensive Stance, for one. No fuss, just one item you were going to use anyway and the kit's core abilities. 100% physical immunity is virtually impossible to get in the standard game (there's a bug with the Wish version of Hardiness, and that's about it), and it just does crazy things on a tank.

So, where do some special items go on that chart ...

Ankkheg Plate, Red Dragon Scale, Rhino Beetle Plate, Silver Dragon Scale: plate mail, or possibly a separate group that's slightly different from either plate mail or full plate. These items all share the same type modifiers, so keeping them together makes sense.

Raconteur's Regalia: studded leather, but with the mithral/elven modifier since it allows arcane spellcasting.

Corwin's Armor, Corthala Family Armor: mithral/elven chain. They have chain-like stats, but allow stealth and are usable by kits that can't wear normal chain.

(Green) Dragonscale Armor, White Dragon Scale, Shadow Dragon Scale: studded leather.

Blue Dragon Plate, Big Metal Unit: full plate mail.

I think that's all of the cases that aren't instantly obvious, at least for base BGEE/BG2EE. You're welcome to disagree with some of my judgments, of course.

Edited by jmerry
5 minutes ago, jmerry said:

Ankkheg Plate, Red Dragon Scale, Rhino Beetle Plate, Silver Dragon Scale: plate mail, or possibly a separate group that's slightly different from either plate mail or full plate. These items all share the same type modifiers, so keeping them together makes sense.

Ankheg and Rhino are both Plate Mail. Red and Silver Dragon both now fall into Full Plate Mail. Red and Silver Dragon are renamed from "Scale" to "Plate" for the item names.

6 minutes ago, jmerry said:

Raconteur's Regalia: studded leather, but with the mithral/elven modifier since it allows arcane spellcasting.

Treated as studded leather. I have not touched arcane casting with this mod.

8 minutes ago, jmerry said:

Corwin's Armor, Corthala Family Armor: mithral/elven chain. They have chain-like stats, but allow stealth and are usable by kits that can't wear normal chain.

Corwin's shows signs of being mithral or lighter within the description, so it is treated as mithral chain. Corthala's does not have such description and treated as vanilla chain.

22 minutes ago, jmerry said:

(Green) Dragonscale Armor, White Dragon Scale, Shadow Dragon Scale: studded leather.

(Green) Dragonscale and Shadow Dragon Scale are treated as a studded leather as their unidentified description is for studded leather. White Dragon is treated as Scale armor as its unidentified description is for Scale Armor. MiH Black and Green Dragonscale armor is treated as scale armor based on unidentified description for both armors.

27 minutes ago, jmerry said:

Blue Dragon Plate, Big Metal Unit: full plate mail.

Blue Dragon is considered Full Plate Mail. Big Metal Unit I'm undecided on, but might treat it as receiving 14 or less max Dex and +40% DR.

28 minutes ago, jmerry said:

This might need some adjustments to other resistance sources; a level 20 dwarven defender wearing full plate reaches 100% physical immunity when using Defensive Stance, for one. No fuss, just one item you were going to use anyway and the kit's core abilities. 100% physical immunity is virtually impossible to get in the standard game (there's a bug with the Wish version of Hardiness, and that's about it), and it just does crazy things on a tank.

If you play a DD throughout the game and get the right items to have a tiny window of 100% Physical Damage Resistance, then kudos to you. DD can still get messed up by spells and such, so it isn't completely invulnerable.

1 minute ago, basical said:

Hey hey, may I inquire what is the thought about The Answerer ? You're about to kill its career lol.

I was thinking of making it the below, and honestly view it as breathing new life into the weapon as I always felt the original one was passed over. This makes it a decent offhand weapon that will make it a counter striker of a weapon.

Spoiler

The Answerer was created for a tactical fighter to exploit an opening created in an opponent's defenses. Immediately following an attack launched by an opponent, wielders of The Answerer are able to launch a counter attack into the opening in their opponent's guard.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Armor Class: +2
– 25% chance of 1d8+4 slashing damage to any who damage the wielder

THAC0: +4
Damage: 1d8+4 (slashing)
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: One-handed
Requires:
 6 Strength

Weight: 2

On 8/31/2023 at 4:03 AM, jmerry said:

Balance wise, if I had my preferences, both Hardiness and Defensive Stance would be completely revised to double hp for the HLA (like Tenser's Transformation) and for the stance to grant temp hp of about 5 + 3/level (up to 125 at the level cap).

This would allow a plethora of wearable items or wielded weapons to be sources of physical damage resistance without worrying about the immunity problem (you've only got so many item slots), since the range of classes (and kits) who get Hardiness/Defensive Stance is a smaller subset of those who could use these items.

Unfortunately, to avoid AI glitches it would need to come late in the install order and every in game script block referencing the conditions for use of Hardiness and Defensive Stance would need to replace the check for physical resistance with a different check for an associated scripting state.

It would be slightly less of a headache than reworking Haste as discussed in the other thread, as we've only got 2 spell-like abilities to check for by filename, but numerous sources of the haste opcode.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:53 PM, morpheus562 said:

I was thinking of making it the below, and honestly view it as breathing new life into the weapon as I always felt the original one was passed over. This makes it a decent offhand weapon that will make it a counter striker of a weapon.

Hide contents

The Answerer was created for a tactical fighter to exploit an opening created in an opponent's defenses. Immediately following an attack launched by an opponent, wielders of The Answerer are able to launch a counter attack into the opening in their opponent's guard.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Armor Class: +2
– 25% chance of 1d8+4 slashing damage to any who damage the wielder

THAC0: +4
Damage: 1d8+4 (slashing)
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: One-handed
Requires:
 6 Strength

Weight: 2

Well uhm, I'd argue it's a very very strong weapon, absolutely necessary for late LoB SCS ToB, since it solves two aspects of the bosses you face: Huge natural MR and AC. And it bypasses MR and there's no save against it. So basically if you remove magical weapon protections from the boss and manage to land a hit, you'll make him 10% easier to land a next hit, and so on, stacking on itself. The effect is compounding, suddenly having none of your toons landing any hit, to everyone hacking away at the boss HP, while allowing your spells to land too.

What i actually do for these huge AC LoB SCS bosses is have a toon single hand sword for 19-20 crit range, to ensure at least a 10% chance to hit, and boost his APR as high as possible, just to have him do this job. Once he's landed enough hits, switch to his main weapons, rinse and repeat if necesary.

This of course works through stoneskins and such!

On the other hand, the change you propose makes it 25% chance to do avg 8,5dmg (does this get bonus from STR and other sources?), for a midway ToB weapon (at this point you'll have the three +1 APR weapons) why would anyone trade +1 main weapon attack per round for this?

Not trying to criticise, just constructive here.

Edited by basical

Hi Morpheus.
I use the newest Version of Forgotten Armament and checked out Ulgoth's Beard Store to buy the Greenstone Amulett. It costs a whopping 112000 Gold and still has 10 charges. Is this intended??? I think this price is a bit steep in my opinion.

My Rep was at 10 btw.

Edited by Nurn
3 minutes ago, Nurn said:

Hi Morpheus.
I use the newest Version of Forgotten Armament and checked out Ulgoth's Beard Store to buy the Greenstone Amulett. It costs a whopping 112000 Gold and still has 10 charges. Is this intended??? I think this price is a bit steep in my opinion.

My Rep was at 10 btw.

I don't think the charges will be an issue as it's now a one use item per day. I don't touch the pricing, so that is probably another mod in your list.

Hmm i am not aware of any mod which could do this cause my Mod Installation stays mostly the same. The only mods which are kinda new are the Experience Books from Artisan, new Update of Forgotten Armament , Gorgon's Eye and that's it basically.

I will share my Weidu Log with you and maybe you can help me figure out which mod does this. I would appreciate it cause this price is way to much for a BG1 Item...

Weidu.log

Edited by Nurn
52 minutes ago, Nurn said:

Hmm i am not aware of any mod which could do this cause my Mod Installation stays mostly the same. The only mods which are kinda new are the Experience Books from Artisan, new Update of Forgotten Armament , Gorgon's Eye and that's it basically.

I will share my Weidu Log with you and maybe you can help me figure out which mod does this. I would appreciate it cause this price is way to much for a BG1 Item...

Weidu.log

The only tweak I do to the greenstone amulet, outside of updating the text, is the following:

Spoiler
COPY_EXISTING ~AMUL17.ITM~ ~override~ 
      LPF ALTER_ITEM_HEADER INT_VAR header_type = 3 charges = 1 drained = 3 flag_recharge = 1 END

That is not altering the value of the item, so it must be something else with your playthrough causing it.

3 hours ago, Nurn said:

I use the newest Version of Forgotten Armament and checked out Ulgoth's Beard Store to buy the Greenstone Amulett. It costs a whopping 112000 Gold and still has 10 charges. Is this intended???

I do have the same issue, except it's 120,000 for me, and besides Forgotten Armament I do not have his other mods he's using.

Ah ok Thank you for explaining. I understand now. Could i fix that in Near Infinity just setting the Charges to 1 till your next Update?
Or would the Item disappear after using with only 1 Charge? In that case i will just wait for your fix.

Edited by Nurn