Forgotten Armament

I am making an optional subcomponent to the main item component that updates many of the weapons, armors, and items within the game. This is actively in development, and the current changes to items can be found here. I am welcome to feedback on this implementation and am excited for the changes it brings.

My reasoning for 50% was the purifier does it by 30%. Agreed on your thoughts though since I did see the same thing, but I also don't think 25% is the answer. I'm probably going to completely redo Purifier's bonuses though.

Edited by morpheus562

I am just discovering your mod.

I couldn't find anywhere what the component "8 - Replace Boots of Speed (Paws of the Cheetah)" do exactly" ?

My first impression is, with "17 - Update Existing Items in Addition to Adding New Items" and "4 - Update Items Setting an Ability Score to Increment the Increase", that we almost have a kind of alternative to Item Revisions ! Am i rigth ?

I haven't checked but is there any .ini file to  modify "10 - NWN2 Style Weapons" ? I like most of the changes but i am still to familiar with the P&P AD&D2 style.

Edited by Mordekaie
11 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

I am just discovering your mod.

I couldn't find anywhere what the component "8 - Replace Boots of Speed (Paws of the Cheetah)" do exactly" ?

My first impression is, with "17 - Update Existing Items in Addition to Adding New Items" and "4 - Update Items Setting an Ability Score to Increment the Increase", that we almost have a kind of alternative to Item Revisions ! Am i rigth ?

I haven't checked but is there any .ini file to  modify "10 - NWN2 Style Weapons" ? I like most of the changes but i am still to familiar with the P&P AD&D2 style.

Here are the new boot replacements: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/Forgotten-Armament/blob/main/ITEM-LOCATIONS.md#boots

Yes, you would be correct it will be an Item Revisions alternative. This will have varying levels of customization on how much you want to edit the weapons within the game and tailor it to what you are looking for. Note: all item changes, except one, are directly editing the existing item in-game instead of importing a new item.

I could probably do an ini file easy enough so you can select which weapons you want to alter (default will alter everything). Should be easy to do.

Edited by morpheus562
24 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

It is very nice to have a fully documented mod, when you know where to look... I couldn't find the boots and they were in front of my eyes ! :)

31 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Note: all item changes, except one, are directly editing the existing item in-game instead of importing a new item.

Does it mean that this mod is not comaptible with any other mod that modify/overwrite existing items ?

I guess the only imported items are the 2 pairs of boots.

37 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Yes, you would be correct it will be an Item Revisions alternative. This will have varying levels of customization on how much you want to edit the weapons within the game and tailor it to what you are looking for.

I would love a modern customisable version of IR (and fully documented !). :)

Just now, Mordekaie said:

Does it mean that this mod is not comaptible with any other mod that modify/overwrite existing items ?

I think it greatly depends on the change, but it should make it MORE compatible because I simply add to or modify the existing items instead of overwriting them to replace with my own.