The civil thread about racism and fantasy worlds.

Jarno Mikkola

On 6/12/2022 at 3:20 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

That happens because the ones that ducked, were invisible as their replies are that, that only the visible replies become the non-duck ones.

Then, of the few picture replies of late, I only see one to be a duck one, the others are actually not ducks, but a mallard, which dispite being sometimes called a wild duck, has nothing to do with the domestic duck... well except the one might have been the other ones, but no so any longer. Yes, they are not different races, but there's a lot of breeds, which usually don't breed with one another.

Okay I’m sorry I can cede that you sometimes have insights about baldur’s gate modding but you don’t know shit about animals, taxonomy, nor animal husbandry. It’s insane, and at best, very stupid, to claim that only domesticated ducks are ducks

On 6/13/2022 at 9:08 AM, Almateria said:

you don’t know shit about animals, taxonomy, nor animal husbandry. It’s insane, and at best, very stupid, to claim that only domesticated ducks are ducks

Alright then, now that you say that you are such an expert, you of course are allowed to enlighten us with your knowledge of such. And please tell us all about their taxonomy and domestication then. And how we agree-ed that the above pictures were mostly mallards and not ducks.
After all the duck is just an albino mallards, yes said with irony, as I know this is not the truth..

Jarno's issue is a misunderstanding of descendants in taxonomy. Ducks are not monophylitic (share a single common ancestor) and thus are divided into many subgroups, but these subgroups all fall under the family "Anatidae." Mallards (domestic ducks) are very NEARLY monophylitic, but can still be subdivided if you really want to take a fine tooth comb to it. Ducks as a group are not a species, they are a form taxon. The scientific version of "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc."

"Specie" nowadays is a very fuzzy concept, more of a probabilistic definition, or just operative definition. Using the schoolship definition of biological specie (a distinct genetic groups that could not interbred with other or produce infertile offspring) is unhelpful, it's not "true". While is obvious tobacco will never breed with cats, givin birth to furred self-rolling meowling cigarettes... if you analyze Felidae hybrids, selected (or unselected) breeds of domestic cats, Nicotiana hybrids and cultivated strains... well, huge headaches are in order and I have not picked the most problematic examples.

Mixing it up with "common names" is worse.

Are mallards (Anas platyrhynchos) "ducks"?
Are american black ducks (Anas rubripes) "ducks"?
Are hybrids of the two "ducks"?
Are western and eastern USA mallards genetically different populations?
Are game-farm domesticated mallards and feral (not wild) mallards really "ducks" and how are they both distants from wild strain mallards? And their hybrids?

Mallards are one of the most if not THE most promiscous specie of birds. They hybridize with an astonishing number of different species.
I am not saying a mallard is a duck ( lol ), but IF it is the case, for sure it will be a fucking duck.

If yuo consider "ducks" only white, domesticated ones, well... fine.
We could stick to that definition, but what I am certain of now is that I would have gladly ducked "ducks" as a ducking topic, now we are far gone down the rabbit's hole...

Edited by Frenzgyn
On 6/13/2022 at 6:40 AM, Greenhorn said:

You seem quite versed in this mallard fucking shit. You should definitely show what a master of mallard lovemaking you are 

to your fan girl, Thicc Tighs. 

Edit: distasteful image removed, message content left unchanged as warning to posterity, to think twice before throwing fit of rage and posting something for which they will regret it

omg you need some help dude

On 6/15/2022 at 8:55 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Alright then, now that you say that you are such an expert, you of course are allowed to enlighten us with your knowledge of such. And please tell us all about their taxonomy and domestication then. And how we agree-ed that the above pictures were mostly mallards and not ducks.
After all the duck is just an albino mallards, yes said with irony, as I know this is not the truth..

ahhahaha good job Jarno keep it up!!!!