Vlad Mods for EE

Guest Morgoth
On 7/8/2022 at 6:04 AM, Arkie said:

Yes, Vlad Compilation structure was a nightmare to untangle and split into components, but I rarely needed to move stuff from Baldurdash resources. I'd say Baldurdash being a hard requirement for Vlad Compilation mods is an overstatement.

Thanks Arkie. I'm out there waiting for your new release 😛

Bug report:
When leaving for Spellhold, once Saemon says "Hold Fast, the Adventure begins," I got a "No valid replies or links."  The game didn't crash, and the dialogue chain would repeat if I spoke to Aran/Saemon again.

Looking in NI, I was able to narrow down the issue to Response 109 in PPSAEM.DLG:
Response 109, Dialog: PPSAEM.DLG
  Response trigger 47
       !IsValidForPartyDialogue("vpkachi")
  Global("Sime_Meet",)GLOBAL",0)
Response 109: (No text) [VPKACHIJ.DLG]
State 38:  Wait a minute!  The ship is ours to take anywhere, right?  <CHARNAME>, can we go to Kara-Tur now?

Upon removing the "!" in front of "IsValidForPartyDialogue("vpkachi"), the exchange worked as intended.

Thanks to @jmerry for walking me through fixing it!

48 minutes ago, Oloriniel said:

Second bug:

After talking to Kachiko's mom, who gives us a scroll of raise dead, we leave and enter a new zone, not the chessboard.  After we open the door, there's a cutscene, with a dude in green in the center of a circle.

The cutscene hangs.

The zone is TT0302.  I looked at TT0302.bcs, and the only thing there was some boilerplate from the Haiass mod, so if there was supposed to be something there, it's missing.

9 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Bug report:
When leaving for Spellhold, once Saemon says "Hold Fast, the Adventure begins," I got a "No valid replies or links."  The game didn't crash, and the dialogue chain would repeat if I spoke to Aran/Saemon again.

This bug is caused by TSL and Sime altering the same reply in Saemon dialogue. Will revise the sailing off scene one more time in the next update.

9 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

After talking to Kachiko's mom, who gives us a scroll of raise dead, we leave and enter a new zone, not the chessboard.  After we open the door, there's a cutscene, with a dude in green in the center of a circle.

The cutscene hangs.

I can't replicate this issue. The only time when the cutscene mode is used in TT0302 is after the dialogue with that NPC. If the game hangs at that moment, try to change Action in vpmasaki.dlg in NI. It should be Action 6.

From

StartCutSceneMode()
ActionOverride(Myself,ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT))
ActionOverride(Myself,EndCutSceneMode())

To

ActionOverride(Myself,ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT))

If it's not the case, please, add more details and send me your tt0302.are and tt0302.bcs files from the override folder.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I no longer have a suitable cutscene.  I CTRL-J'd my protagonist (and Grey, Afaaq, and Brandock, who always go along) into the room near the dude in green, and the dialogue then started as intended.

I'm sure I'll be back, but it may be a few months :)

Farther along, there's a big room that, I think, is supposed to have a dragon in it.  Alas, it's completely empty (and there's no way to exit, either, so I'm going to have to reload my last save)
The room is TT0304.  

Looking at the area script, I'm guessing I should have had Sime in my party, but it didn't occur to me to go back and get her when Kachiko got abducted.  Silly me!

9 hours ago, jastey said:

@Arkie my experience is that ActionOverride of the CutSceneID in Cutscenes lead to a hanging cutscene. They aren't needed, so best remove them and let the CutSceneID execute the actions directly.

Yes, I can confirm this*. I ran into it myself in my run with Dorn as protagonist; he has a number of cutscenes with CutsceneID(Player1) followed by ActionOverride("Dorn", do something). That action, and all later actions in the scene, are not executed. This includes that key EndCutSceneMode() action, so the scene never ends and the only way to progress is a force quit. This isn't something intermittent or glitchy like some broken cutscenes; it's absolutely guaranteed.

If you want to tell a character to do something and they're already the viewpoint character as marked by CutsceneID or being run from a character's dialogue/script, you have to just give the command directly. Using ActionOverride to specify that it's them acting isn't redundant, it's just broken. There is no circumstance in which ActionOverride(Myself, do something) can ever work. At best, it'll do nothing. At worst, it'll hang your game so you can only force quit.

* I have no experience with this particular mod, and can't speak to how its cutscenes are coded aside from that mini-scene in the dialogue action quoted here. I'm just talking about the engine issue involved.

Edited by jmerry
8 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Farther along, there's a big room that, I think, is supposed to have a dragon in it.  Alas, it's completely empty (and there's no way to exit, either, so I'm going to have to reload my last save)
The room is TT0304.  

I think it's Sime mod overriding TSL files again. Sorry. 😔

8 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

The Nakanishi acolytes appear to have an infinite supply of Stoneskin contingencies

It's the original mod behavior. But the same script is not executing correctly on EE, so it needs to be changed.

Thank you for the bug reports! 

@jastey @jmerry Thanks! I'll try to change ActionOverride occurrences in scripts in the next update.

In Spelhold, the first time Irenicus' cutscene after "there will be no heroics, only sleep" hung.  It worked the second time.

In RA0062, the monster ("PPBHAAL") wouldn't follow me through the doorway and into the Candlekeep Castle replica.

I had to create him with the console.

After defeating (?) him,  I'm brought back to the Spellhold Lab, having lost my soul and Bhaalspawn powers...and after Irenicus gloats another cutscene hangs.  We're not transported to the maze.

When Irenicus says "I bid you farewell, child of Bhaal, we shall not meet again," the following are the responses:

Spoiler

Response 49
Flags
(Trigger(1) Action(2) Terminates Dialogue(3) Journal Entry(4) Add solved quest(8))
Journal Entry (Strref: 7255)
The transformation and the dream
When Irenicus cast his spell on me to steal my divinity...my soul...I was mired in a dream in which I fought against the personification of my instinct and prevailed.  I awoke.  My victory in my dream, however, did not mean victory in reality.  Irenicus had successfully taken my soul and stated that now both he and Bodhi were free of the curse which they had been subjected to...and that Imoen and I would both die a slow and withering death.

What he plans to do next he would not say, but he left it to Bodhi to finish me off once and for all.
Response Trigger 12
     OR (4)
Global ("Kachiko_Saved","GLOBAL",3)
Global(TT_Evil_Path","GLOBAL",3)
!IsValidForPartyDialogue("Yoshimo")
Dead("Yoshimo")
Action 8
EraseJournalEntry(7252)
EraseJournalEntry(7253)
EraseJournalEntry(22952)
EraseJournalEntry(23306)
SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",40)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx(*Cut41j",FALSE)

OR

Spoiler

Response 50
(Trigger(1) Action(2) Terminates Dialogue(3) Journal Entry(4) Add solved quest(8))
Journal Entry (Strref: 7255)
The transformation and the dream
When Irenicus cast his spell on me to steal my divinity...my soul...I was mired in a dream in which I fought against the personification of my instinct and prevailed.  I awoke.  My victory in my dream, however, did not mean victory in reality.  Irenicus had successfully taken my soul and stated that now both he and Bodhi were free of the curse which they had been subjected to...and that Imoen and I would both die a slow and withering death.

What he plans to do next he would not say, but he left it to Bodhi to finish me off once and for all.
Response Trigger 13
Global ("Kachiko_Saved","GLOBAL",2)
Action 9
EraseJournalEntry(7252)
EraseJournalEntry(7253)
EraseJournalEntry(22952)
EraseJournalEntry(23306)
SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",40)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx(*Cut41j",FALSE)

Now is probably a good time to mention:

Both Kachiko and Yoshimo survived the Tortured Souls Island.
Yoshimo left the party before I entered the dream.
My entire journal--entries and quests, both partial and complete, was erased when transitioning to the new chapter beginning with the arrival in Brynnlaw.  New entries are not posting.