[Discussion] Relationship with the official patches

CamDawg

One thing I wanted to clarify before we write a single line of code: it's my hope that most (if not all) of what we do here finds its way into an official patch. To me an ideal outcome is that we release this, and then Beamdog comes along and makes the entire project obsolete with a 2.7 patch. At that point we start working on new fixes against the 2.7 release.

To that end, I had been planning on filing everything we find in Beamdog's bug tracker with the code/files/whatever to fix the issue. However, a very wise friend pointed out that while I may be comfortable with this, I should not assume the same of everyone else.

So, our topic of discussion: are folks comfortable with code or other assets being forwarded to BD for possible inclusion in future patches? If not, are their conditions under which you'd find it acceptable (e.g. perhaps someone else doing the code)? Are there further ramifications to this we're not considering?

I've no trouble with this whatsoever.  Bioware/Beamdog have generally been very tolerant about what we do with their games, it's only fair for me to return that courtesy and let them do what they want with my code.