how to: get a mod hosted (this is a question, not a guide)

I see G3's official downloads all have the same format for readmes.  Is there a guide or blank template for that?  Are there any coding requirements (I see lots of lib folders, translations are neatly organized, etc) for consideration?

Edited by Awachi

It is common (and sometimes sufficient) to first just open a thread about your mod either in the General Modding forum or in the Miscellaneous Mods forum (if it's a released mod). (The latter was originally for G3 mods only but its purpose broadened along the years.)

If you want your mod to be hosted at G3 officially (with mod page and download section), you can apply for hosting if the mod has reached the state of a working alpha. We (Gibberlings and Admins) will then vote about hosting. We are all blessed with RL so this is a process that takes a while. Like, really a while.

2 hours ago, Awachi said:

Is there a guide or blank template for that?

It's in the modder's workroom. As soon as our admins ackknowledge you as a modder you will get access.

And if anyone feels forgotten please feel free to contact the admins about modder status. It's not that we pursue a holier-than-thou approach who we'd graceously betow with a modder tag, but more that our admins are only humans with a RL, too.

10 hours ago, jastey said:

And if anyone feels forgotten please feel free to contact the admins about modder status. It's not that we pursue a holier-than-thou approach who we'd graceously betow with a modder tag, but more that our admins are only humans with a RL, too.

Yeah, it's wildly stochastic. The current process is me seeing someone post and going 'wait, why aren't they in the modder group?'

13 hours ago, jmerry said:

As for the "getting acknowledged as a modder" part? Finish a mod, put it up somewhere, and post a thread for it. You might not be acknowledged right away, but it will happen. That's what happened for me, anyway.

A case in point.

Instead of waiting for me to notice something, feel free to be direct and PM me (or Kat or Mike). The modder workroom is mainly some G3-specific shared resources, like Mike's packaging tool, the current readme template, info on using the News Feed, &c. If it's broader than G3, it'll get posted publicly in the How-To or Tutorial forums instead.

14 hours ago, jastey said:

If you want your mod to be hosted at G3 officially (with mod page and download section), you can apply for hosting if the mod has reached the state of a working alpha. We (Gibberlings and Admins) will then vote about hosting. We are all blessed with RL so this is a process that takes a while. Like, really a while.

Like most things at G3 it's very informal, probably too much so. The only real requirement is to have actual functioning code--even just an alpha--and you can visit our unreleased/inactive mod forums for numerous examples as to why.

Otherwise it's just a really slow process. Few Gibbs are actually active these days, so there's always a big bottleneck reviewing the mod.

6 hours ago, CamDawg said:

it's just a really slow process

Well, looks like we're a match, because I am a really slow proceder [sic?].