Gotta pay more attention to Icewind Dales

There should be mods made more with the Icewind Dales games in mind. Those are a bunch, counting the expansions, on the Tutu engine, at least. Either specifically mods for them, like biting cold for the snowy areas, or mods where the creator considers their being played in an Icewind Dale. At the moment they are like weeping ghosts, forgotten.

3 hours ago, temnix said:

What you people make are tweaks and NPC [sic] written for 13 year-old girls. But, I guess, a mod to bring frost to the snow areas would be a tweak.

Quoting this, lest it ever be edited away.

Edited to clarify: we don't moderate posts based on content at G3; we leave it up to our members to form their own opinions about other users so having a clear post history (as best we can make it) furthers that goal. Many users, when they make an especially egregious and dumb remark, will realize their error and edit it to something more reasonable and/or less embarrassing. While in this case it would require a level of self-reflection that's yet to be evidenced, I felt compelled to preserve this particular bit just in case.

Edited by CamDawg

It’s hilarious what you think constitutes a good insult. I’d be happy to see more 13 year old girls playing games, so I wear the title with pride. Better that than a bunch of overblown, self-fellating trash that appeals to no one.

Edited by The Artisan

So very true, Artisan.

There should be more fantasy worlds for 13 years old players to explore - whoever they are, however they feel or identify :) I wish I was part of this! I'm glad you think I already am doing that work, but I think I could do better and write something better for them...

Edited by Lava

Camdawg, why don't you just go away? Or change your avatar, at least. Looking at those wrinkles every time gives me a skin rash. But that condition doesn't prevent me from being a special daddy to all the NPC written up about this place. "Oh, Charname, you're so very unique! I've never met anyone like you before! You changed my outlook on life! Let's rub noses!"

Harlequin paperbacks have got nothing on your content, people.

I'd be happy if more 13 year old girls played games. I'd also be happy if more 13 year old girls felt that their gender wasn't a barrier to pursuing a career in engineering.

However, I'm not likely to be happy playing CRPG content pitched at 13 year old girls, and I'm not likely to be happy crossing a bridge built to specifications set by 13 year old girls.

My objections about 13 year old girls are in no way gender-based, because I'm also unlikely to be happy playing CRPG content pitched at 13 year old boys, and I'm also unlikely to be happy crossing a bridge built to specifications set by 13 year old boys.

So, if any modders out there are deliberately creating content pitched at 13 year olds, or deliberately creating content pitched at a specific gender, I'd be most grateful if they highlighted that fact in the readme for the mods in question. I mean, it's not as though I can go around asking anyone who recommends a mod if they're a 13 year old girl, just so I can take that fact into account when determining the weight to place on their recommendation - that kind of question is somewhat vulnerable to misinterpretation...

4 hours ago, The_Baffled_King said:

So, if any modders out there are deliberately creating content pitched at 13 year olds, or deliberately creating content pitched at a specific gender, I'd be most grateful if they highlighted that fact in the readme

Sorry, but… does anything give you the impression that any mods around here have been designed for 13-year-old girls? Why are we talking about this?

29 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Why are we talking about this?

Because the idea of anybody on the internet asking (in good faith) "are you a 13 year old girl" just seemed so funny that I couldn't resist making the comment, and the rest of the post was necessary to get to that point. The logic is sound, because the chain of events was basically: (1) [Temnix] "you people make ... NPC written for 13 year-old girls"; (2) [The Artisan] "I wear the title with pride"; (3) [me, paraphrased] "blah blah ... I think social norms created through gender stereotyping are bad ... but I don't want to engage with something that's otherwise not appropriate for me solely on the basis that said "something" combats social norms created through gender stereotyping ... punchline.".

Guest Thieving Skills for Bards

Pardon me Morpheus but I was wondering if you could help me with the installation of your "Thieving skills for Bards" mod. I have the debug file if you need to see it but I've ensured that dlc merger is installed and ran the game with infinity loader as the instructions say in EEEx and still nothing. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

59 minutes ago, Guest Thieving Skills for Bards said:

Pardon me Morpheus but I was wondering if you could help me with the installation of your "Thieving skills for Bards" mod. I have the debug file if you need to see it but I've ensured that dlc merger is installed and ran the game with infinity loader as the instructions say in EEEx and still nothing. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

This isn't the correct thread for that "mod" discussion, but I'm happy to assist you offline or via another method. Long story short that mod is being deprecated and all content is moved over to my skills and abilities mod.