EET End Error

16 hours ago, Iecerint said:

I'm using EEUITweaks and then using all the LeUI content, since I think that UI is prettiest. And yep, I did do EEUITweaks last

All that stuff should basically be first in the order. A number of mods that use small UI tweaks in the middle/end of the order will be messed up if you install UI overhauls afterward. See here for my current install order.

16 hours ago, Iecerint said:

Can I literally run the various setup.exe files and choose to uninstall in reverse order and be OK?

Yes. At this point I would do one of two things:

1. Uninstall Verr'Sza, uninstall EEUITweaks, uninstall Dual-to-Kit, and uninstall SCS (in that order); then install Verr'Sza, install SCS, and install Dual-to-Kit. Do not install the UI tweaks, just play without them. This will be quicker and get you playing the game faster, at the expense of not having all the tweaks you want.
  2. Alternatively, scrap this and reinstall everything on a clean game, with EEUITweaks moved to the very front and Verr'Sza moved to the middle with other NPCs.
Edited by subtledoctor

Uwa, I'd always thought UI-stuff was last. Good to know. Will Inscribed Arcana mess up anything if I install it early? Also, am I right that that's an iPad/Android modded game?

Any guesses on SCS not initializing? I'm thinking I can identify which mods I have that you don't to try to narrow it down.

3 hours ago, Iecerint said:

Will Inscribed Arcana mess up anything if I install it early?

Lol, I don't know what that is, so :undecided: EDIT - if it's just a game screen UI change like 'Revised Record Screen or 'Revised Inventory Screen or the like, then I guess sure, it can work fine. is there any reason to think it needs to be installed later?

3 hours ago, Iecerint said:

Any guesses on SCS not initializing

If you try to do a 1-click install of everything and one mod doesn't install, there's not much we can glean. I suggest manually uninstalling things back to SCS (it's only 4 mods) and then try to manually install SCS. If it doesn't work in such a circumstance, then at least it will likely give you a useful .debug report about what went wrong. Then we can troubleshoot it.

Edited by subtledoctor

Inscribed arcana is part of LeUI from what I understand. It's part of his changes to the Priest/Mage book. I remember finding it relatively finicky with other mods, and it's the one part of EEUITweaks that didn't install successfully this time, too. I've only successfully installed it once. It's still part of EEUITweaks. I thought you might be savvy since you're a fan of LeUI. Maybe I should ignore EEUITweaks and just use LeUI directly, since I mostly just use LeUI stuff.

I do have an SCS debug file already, if that helps (attached).

Setup-stratagems.7z

I am doing my Nth install attempt. I am installing NPCs so I went to check if EET_End would install successfully which it did but with one creep line at the end.

Fatal Error: Sys_error("Bad file descriptor")

Is this something serious?

When I go check the EET_END debug txt file there is no mention of the error.

EET_END_FATAL_ERROR_BadfileDescriptyor.j

According to Bubb  it's a file copy somewhere...

1EgCWaz.jpg

I uploaded EET END debug log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HqSzyAmrRI8BWhzchyClpUm7GDOF46Dg/view?usp=share_link

130,514 lines won't fit into a single post.

Edited by zelazko

This step seems to be the step involving saves.tra. If you don't have/intend to use a savegame from a prior installation, this is fine. (I don't have the headcapacity at the moment to fully comprehend where do the operations regarding that file go wrong.)

Edited by Graion Dilach
On 4/29/2023 at 5:57 PM, Graion Dilach said:

This step seems to be the step involving saves.tra. If you don't have/intend to use a savegame from a prior installation, this is fine. (I don't have the headcapacity at the moment to fully comprehend where do the operations regarding that file go wrong.)

I figured out the creepy Fatal Error: Sys_error("Bad file descriptor") occurs when you install DarkHorizonsBGee213.

My weidu for BGEE was:

Argent's DLCMerger -> merge all DLCs (v1.3)

DarkHorizonsBGee213

Weidu for BG2EE:

EET Core (13.4)

EET End (13.4)

The weidu gave Fatal Error: Sys_error("Bad file descriptor") at the end of the EET End install.

My current BGEE weidu log is:

Spoiler

~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.3
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for BGEE/Tutu/BGT -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: v3.03
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Delayed start: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower: v3.03
~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Stone of Askavar for TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BGEE -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: 2.2
~KARATUR/SETUP-KARATUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // T'Was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #34 // Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~VERRSZA/VERRSZA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Verr'Sza - the rakshasa NPC for BG1EE: 6.0
~WHITE/WHITE.TP2~ #0 #0 // White NPC for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu: 3.0
~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
~DRAKE/SETUP-DRAKE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Drake NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: 1.7
~DRAKE/SETUP-DRAKE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose a portrait for Drake: -> Default Portrait (The Artisan): 1.7
~DRAKE/SETUP-DRAKE.TP2~ #0 #5 // OPTIONAL: Original Soundset by BillyYank: 1.7
~K9SHARTEELNPC/SETUP-K9SHARTEELNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Shar-Teel NPC Mod: v1.4
~K9ROUGHWORLD/SETUP-K9ROUGHWORLD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Sparse Resting (BGEE Only): BETA 1.41
~K9ROUGHWORLD/SETUP-K9ROUGHWORLD.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Improved Beggars Component: BETA 1.41

and the weidu didn't return Fatal Error: Sys_error("Bad file descriptor") when EET End finished installation on BG2EE.

Edited by zelazko

I always install DH and this doesn'tz happen here. I still think that was caused by a save in the EET user folder. (Then again, I don't use the default EET folder myself and always overwrite it with a custom one in my final steps, which also means I never have a save file there.)

@Graion Dilach I installed the DarkHorizons on BGEE and emptied my BG EET folder in the documents from saves and baldur.lua and the EET_End installed successfully without the creepy Fatal Error: Sys_error("Bad file descriptor") line. It created its own save.tra probably EET END wasn't able to adequately supply saves.tra when one was already present in the saves folder on my previous installation. I never emptied the save folder before. What does saves.tra exactly do? I opened it and it lists bunch of strings for items and dialogues.

Could Not Find C:\Users\kapiz\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy\save\saves.tra
[setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 24900
[.\chitin.key] 359 BIFFs, 91835 resources
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 396106 string entries

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("C:\\Users\\kapiz\\Documents\\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy\\save\\saves.tra: No such file or directory")
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files ...

SKIPPING: [EET end (last mod in install order) -> Also update saves (no backups, check the readme file)]

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED  EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation

Press ENTER to exit.

Could Not Find C:\Users\kapiz\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy\save\saves.tra
[setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 24700
[.\chitin.key] 283 BIFFs, 82871 resources
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 279791 string entries
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...

SKIPPING: [EET end (last mod in install order) -> Also update saves (no backups, check the readme file)]

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED  EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation

Press ENTER to exit.
Edited by zelazko