EET End Error

Hi --

I've had a couple stabs at an EET install with PI and despite having had a successful one a few months ago, I'm having trouble this time. I thought I'd try posting here to see if folks have any advice about install order or other things to try. I've attached my mod list, named because the main difference between this install and the earlier one is Faith and Powers. The main change is that I'm using the Lava mods this time. I can attach my EET_End debut file, except that it's too big at 2.5kB.

Faith and Powers Install.csv

you can zip/gzip your setup-eet_end.debug file (or whatever its name is), maybe you'll be able to attach it then.

I guess you mean something like 2,5 MB and not kB, maybe?.

It's text (and pretty repetitive too), it compresses very well. In one of my installs, I have a 6MB one that goes to 740kB when compressed.

Edited by mickabouille

Something strange actually

4 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

BG1UB goes before EET.

true apparently, but anyway

EET:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - EET core (resource importation)
cd_soundsets:0;cd_soundsets - Soundset Tool
eefixpack:0;eefixpack - Core Fixes
bg2fixpack:0;bg2fixpack - BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
bg1ub:0;BG1 Unfinished Business - Ice Island Level Two Restoration

how does bg1ub component zero (or any other) end up installed when

BEGIN @0

// Author: devSin
// Email:
// Website:

// variables not set yet
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~totsc tutu_totsc bgt bgee~ @1

Actually no!

The provided file is not a extension-renamed weidu.log!

It mixes-up dlcmerger (bg1ee) with EET (bg2), bg1ub (bg1) and ub (bg2)

Or am I too tired to post?

Hi --

1. Somehow I have not zipped a file in 20 years, so that did not occur to me. I've attached the zipped debug file.

2. I have wondered all my life why 1pp never installs correctly. <_< That makes sense. Good to know about Ascension. I guess I should only use EEFixpack and avoid the beta fixes? It's sounding like BG1UB and Sirene BG would go in ProjectInfinity just after DLCMerger -- do I have that right?

3. The previous provided file was the mod installation list from ProjectInfinity. It starts with DLCMerger, then EET, then various mods. It provides some heuristics for mod order but there are apparently some exceptions that the heuristics don't capture.

-Iec

Setup-EET_end.zip

@IecerintPI doesn't use heuristics. The install order suggestions it knows about are because one of the mods mention that in their mod metadata. Also, PI isn't an excuse for reading the mod's readmes or the EET Compatibility list.

This EET_End log doesn't make sense. It seems some mod corrupted the achievements but I'm not sure how could that have been. Did you installed a version 1.X of Ascension instead of 2.0.XX?

The only things which are safely installable after EET_End are tweaks. But depending on your other mods, even tweaks can be complicated.

@hulkamania See this topic; your iissue is from the GlamNPC pack.

By "heuristics," I mean the mod-type order UI (DLCMerger => EET => Quest => NPC, etc.). Somehow I've been able to stumble through this in the past and have it work OK, but not this time. Just lucky before, I guess.

I believe I have a modern installation of Ascension, as of Feb 2023, but I think only parts of Ascension installed without errors, maybe because of the bad install order you noticed. For example, I remember Balthazar being redeemed failed. So, if Ascension is one of the rare mods to mess with achievements, this could be part of the issue.

The first mods to fail during my installation (other than BGUB) were certain NPC mods, and it was always Gullykin's area (AR4000) failing to copy or patch into the over-ride folder. Not sure if that sounds familiar. I vaguely remember seeing this error 10 years ago and figuring it out.

1 hour ago, Iecerint said:

The first mods to fail during my installation (other than BGUB) were certain NPC mods

As Graion pointed out you tried to install mods to EET that have no native EET compatibility. You need to install them to BG:EE before the EET transition. The EET compatibility list points out the mods that require this: https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html

11 hours ago, Iecerint said:

Is dual-to-kit also after EET-end?

In my experience, Dual-to-Kit should be the single last mod installed - after EET_End, after SCS, after L1NPCs, etc. (Well, if you use the "give second classes proper proficiencies" component. But... why would anyone not use that component?)

Don't know about heuristics... the end of the install order has a few mods that just like to be at the end, for particular and maybe non-obvious reasons. My order looks like:

• EET_End
  • SCS
  • Scales of Balance
  • Magic Battles Revised
  • NPC_EE / L1NPCs
  • Dual-to-Kit

There are a bunch of posts in the general discussion forum where people have posted very long and full weidu.logs with good orders. You can compare you order to those to see if there are any serious deviations. (A couple NPCs mixed around is probably not a serious deviation; something being on the wrong side of Ascension or EET_End is.)

11 hours ago, jastey said:

As Graion pointed out you tried to install mods to EET that have no native EET compatibility. You need to install them to BG:EE before the EET transition. The EET compatibility list points out the mods that require this: https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html

Got it. For BG2 mods that aren't on that list, would you recommend only using them on a non-EET installation, or more using them at their own risk?

Context: I'm very interested to try Lava's BG2 Khalid mod, but it's not on that list, and it was one of the mods that I was disappointed did not install correctly.

1 hour ago, Iecerint said:

For BG2 mods that aren't on that list, would you recommend only using them on a non-EET installation, or more using them at their own risk?

I wouldn't add mods that do not state to have direct EET compatibility. It should tell in the readme or at the download's page.