v35 comments / questions (report a bug in a new topic, not here)

Normally I leave the main announcement post for a new release open, but invariably it evolves into a one-stop shop for bug reports, which is probably less useful to people than having bugs posted as new topics. This time I'm going to experiment with locking the announcement post and creating a new thread specifically for comments, questions, and feedback.

1 hour ago, Elder Enigma said:

I've read the new 'Revised Resting' component description, but what are those 'provisions' exactly?

Is it an item/number stored somewhere?

And how do Druids and Rangers foraging? Is it a dialogue option?

I've played just few minutes with v35, so I apologize if it's a stupid question.

Mouse over the rest icon to see your provisions. Foraging is automatic when you rest.

38 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

Thank for this impressive update! 

I didn't read in the Readme if the bug with the mad woman from the Firewine Bridge dialog loop when we meet her again in Gullykin was fixed too? 

I don’t specifically remember that one, so *probably* not. Remind me of the details.

7 hours ago, DavidW said:

I don’t specifically remember that one, so *probably* not. Remind me of the details.

If you manage to recover the jar without killing the woman, after killing the ogre mage, you can then tell her to go to Gullykin. 

When you meet her again in Gullykin temple, she have a dialogue loop with her initial dialog as if she's still have the jar. 

Guest Ludwig_II

"...and stops the game from ending if the main character is imprisoned or petrified."

Does this death effects handling change also prevent the game ending if the main char is mazed?

I've got a question about some under-the-hood mechanics (if possible): it appears that you came up with yet another Lua trick to include new spells at CharGen / LevelUp without updating "spell.ids" (as an alternative to this one...?)

The question is: how can we keep track of spells added in this way? As far as the aforementioned method is concerned, it is just a matter of parsing a (lua) file that collects all extra spells along with some info about who can learn them by scribing / by selecting them during CharGen or LevelUp...

Edited by Luke