Empathic Manifestation

Apparently, the Empathic Manifestation on the Unseeing Eye quest can be killed either by resting outside or by raising its elemental resistance and casting an offensive spell. This is because it requires its hit points raising to die-- however, it fairly clearly *should* require a healing spell to be cast on it, so I'd be inclined to label this a bug.

Not that it's worth the effort to fix.

Not that difficult, Sim.

COPY_EXISTING ~riftcr04.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~HPGT(Myself,2)~
~OR(5)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],CLERIC_CURE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],CLERIC_HEAL)~
COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

There are an awful lot more things than that which should affect it-- innates, aid, resurrection, the rod of resurrection. And anything added by mods like Cleric Remix. I'm not sure it's worth it. I suggest putting in a check to reset the HP if the player isn't in the area, since that's the significant bug, and... who gives a shit if there's some obscure exploit with fire resistance.

A "SpellCastOnMe([30],0)" check would at least keep it from dying if the player rests. I'm not too worried about the resistance thing (how do you raise elemental resistances?), but there are a couple items that protect against Lower Resistance that could possibly be used.

Apply a permanent "protection from opcode -> modify fire resistance opcode" effect.

Lowering the manifestations fire resistance make sno difference (seeing as it can only be killed by a heal-type spell), so there's not much to loose by dis-allowing it's fire-res to be changed.

Apply a permanent "protection from opcode -> modify fire resistance opcode" effect.

Lowering the manifestations fire resistance make sno difference (seeing as it can only be killed by a heal-type spell), so there's not much to loose by dis-allowing it's fire-res to be changed.

Wouldn't just COPY_EXISTING the CRE file and setting Fire Resistance to 100 work?

What he posted, and what I failed to read, is that the problem is you can raise resistance >100, and then cast some offensive spell (when resistance is >100, damage of that type will actually heal the character).

I still think this falls into the "whatever" category, but I guess it's more likely than somebody using the Rod of Resurrection to heal the thing.

I'm not too worried about a party casting enough spells for the creature to go from 0 to over 100% in a resistance, but resting outside is legit. This fixes the latter:

EXTEND_TOP ~riftcr04.bcs~ ~bg2fixpack/baf/riftcr04.baf~

where riftcr04.baf is

IF
 HPGT(Myself,2)
 !InMyArea([PC])
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   ApplyDamagePercent(Myself,60,FIRE)
END

Archived