Crucible Release

I wonder how crazy it would be to install this at the very end of the order for a game in progress.

I don't usually ask questions like that, but my game is still in the BG1 campaign, I'm weeks or months away from ToB but I don't want to do an entire new install for it.

You should be just fine. One of my tests was a heavily modded EET install with a final save before I even started working on Crucible. I installed Crucible at the end of that and was able to experience it without issue with my existing save.

Edited by morpheus562

@subtledoctor thinking about it, the profs will not align running either yours or my prof overhaul component, so the difficulty will not be where it should be if Crucible is installed during the normal install location along with quest mods. However, you will be able to play the mod and enjoy the story of it even if some of the profs don't line up.

Guest the_sextein

Thanks for bringing new life to TOB.  I feel that SOA is overloaded with mods and is the largest game anyway.  I always like seeing mods expand TOB into something larger.  Maybe some day it will become the size of BGEE instead of just an expansion pack.  I'm in the middle of a mega mod install but I think I may re-install after SOD and just start BG2 fresh and modify my XP to match where I end SOD.  I'm currently in SOD and Crucible / Neverwinter in EET will give me something to look forward to in the second half of my journey.  Acifer's artful backdrops are fantastic, especially with the screenshots I have seen of crucible.  Love the dark and twisted look of this mod. Thanks Morpheous and acifer, I'm looking forward to playing this.

1 hour ago, morpheus562 said:

@subtledoctor thinking about it, the profs will not align running either yours or my prof overhaul component, so the difficulty will not be where it should be if Crucible is installed during the normal install location along with quest mods. However, you will be able to play the mod and enjoy the story of it even if some of the profs don't line up.

Thanks. I'm mostly interested in the story... though I can also write a little mini-mod fixing the proficiencies, if it comes to that.