Mac trolling

Guest Aristothenes

Guest Aristothenes

You're not going to like my answer.

Majority of people here own PCs.

PIII mobo+CPU+512MB RAM can be had for less than $500 on eBay.

That's 50 hours work for an American janitor - not too hard, eh?

Suggest you get a PC for some of the titles you want to play(at least if you need quick tech support).

Guest Aristothenes

Has this problem been handled yet?

Why was my earlier post about whether it had been handled removed?

Macs soon to be using Intel processors. No complaints from me.

don't edit other peoples' posts.

Thank you drive through.

Guest Aristothenes

I gave the closest thing to helpful advice that I know of about a game that was 5 years old because others didn't seem eager to do anything about it.

The neutral attitude (and post revision to show how reasonable one is) is not new.

An earlier user last year enquired why a mod that changed weapons in some way looked unusable in 24bit colour.

I suggested he move to 16bit colour.

This happened after a week of his question lingering here.

A speedy reply helps things.

and if you can't have an absolutely correct answer that is sure to solve something, look for something else that may solve the problem.

If you remain on topic, we don't need to split posts.

Our OS X response times for support are slow since we don't have test rigs and it's essentially a series of educated guesses about the problem. As we have not had a response from the original poster on Idobek's question, there's not a lot more we can do at the moment.

I think a random off-the-cuff remark hardly qualifies as help. Let the people in the know work out the problem and contribute. 'Just buy a new pc' doesn't rank very high on the helpful advice list in any department.

.... Thank you for your cooperation. *Driving through* :)

Guest Aristothenes

It wasn't "buy a new PC", but I can see that you want to increase your post count. Have fun!

Thank you, drive through.

Archived