Overview of LoI

Guest Guest
Are you... familiar with NPC development?

That's a good idea there Sim. Familiar NPC Development, as in the familiars get more dialogues and crap like that, maybe even go through emotional turmoil, like the cats fur is all greasy and needs cleaning.

In pen and paper 2nd Edition terms the crusader isn't a type of cleric; like the paladin it's an entirely seperate class.  However, due to game engine limitations we're forced to implement the crusader as a cleric kit.

The reason elves can be paladins in NWN because the game is 3rd edition, whereas BG2 is 2nd edition.  3rd edition got rid of the crusuader (and many other classes, such as the shaman and mystic), so if you're converting a 2E character to 3E, a crusader would become a paladin :cool:.  In fact, perhaps your character could be a crusader normally, but a paladin with "controversial tweaks" installed?

Well, are you trying to put the world of Fearun in teh game more realisticly, are you trying to force the rules?

But it doesn't matter...

So long as you make that contraversial tweak I'm happy....

Well, as soon as I get the acess, the new NPC's and weapons will be discussed and developed I hope...:)

Are you... familiar with NPC development?

That's a good idea there Sim. Familiar NPC Development, as in the familiars get more dialogues and crap like that, maybe even go through emotional turmoil, like the cats fur is all greasy and needs cleaning.

You're... mocking a mod I'm supposed to be working on, heh. :)

Guest Guest
You're... mocking a mod I'm supposed to be working on, heh.

You're actually doing that? That rules, I didn't know really. Hah, good luck on it, you make the best mods, man.

Ellderon: It's not just a case of enforcing the rules: to me, most non-humans would simply not want to become a paladin (especially as they have their own somewhat similar classes and/or kits), and the majority of non-human gods would not support the idea of their followers being paladins either.

Elven gods in particular are mostly Chaotic Good, and only LG, NG and LN gods have paladins - not because of a stupid rules thing; just as an Evil god would obviously not have a Good aligned order of knights, a Chaotic god would not have a Lawful aligned order of knights.

Also, why is that everyone is absolutely fine with non-humans having dozens of prestige classes/kits which aren't available to humans (e.g. bladesinger, battlerager, etc), yet there are many people who don't seem to want there to be even a single class/kit which is exclusive to humans?

This "making all the races even more human-like" thing is one of the biggest issues I have with 3rd Edition.

Guest: your question has already been answered several times in this thread: the crusader. LG crusaders can even use holy avengers to their fullest effect, for crying out loud! :).

Edited by NiGHTMARE

I know, I know...

It's just that I would really like for her to be a Paladin (she can easily worship both human and elven gods...there's no rule against that)

Besides, with so many calss kits two same class NPC's could really be different.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing 3 rangers (different kits), 4 mages or 2 paladins availabe for my party.

If I don't like one charachter, but I want a paladin in my party, I can allways go for the second one. Same goes for rangers..

HOW I HATED THAT KOROGAN WAS THE ONLY DWARF FIGHTER IN SOA!!!!!!

But Like I said again, it's your call...

EDIT: I never said that I don't want for humans to be specific, but I meant for KITS, not whole classes.

So only an elf can be a Fighter/Blademaster kit, and only a human a Paladin/something kit.

But to limit the whole class...meh..

What's tzhe status on that private forum?

Guest Guest

Excuse me, what creature animations is the mod adding?

(Some time ago there was an idea to use demon with sword from Diablo II for a balor so the pit fiend could use standard winged demon instead of ravager avatar. Is it this mod or am I confusing something?)

We haven't finalized the list yet, but it's likely to include hook horrors, driders, bugbears and verbeeg.

We've no plans for a different balor avatar. I know a guy called WoRm was planning to convert NWN's balor (though WoRm since seems to have vanished), but I don't recall hearing anything about a Diablo demon conversion.