DestroyItems

Domi

Will DestroyItem() work if added to a CRE's override file if CRE is dead? Or is there a smarter way to selectively destroy garden variety (ie not 'undroppable/unstealable') items on a dead opponent?

There are two ways to make an item undroppable. The first is to flag the item itself as undroppable, which affects every creature everywhere who uses the item. The latter is to flag it as undroppable in the creature file itself--take a look on the item headers and you should find a place to mark items as undroppable. This would apply only to that one instance of the creature--for example, some druids whom you didn't want to drop powerful staffs. :)

edit: I know it's not an exact answer to your question, but I figured if it's what I think you're asking about, this'll fix the issue in an easier fashion.

Does that mean you use NI or DLTCEP?

Anyway, in NI you open up the item header on the cre (edit tab --> double-click in the item), go to the itemflag section and check "undroppable" (bit 3). In DLTCEP you open the cre file, go to the item tab, select the item from the drop-down menu and check "no drop".

Every time I decide to use it, I go as far as installing it, then opening it, staring at it for a moment, then closing it and opening NI instead. There is something it wants before working or does not open the files, or just looks too complicated for what I need done, or something like that - I can't recall now. It's been a year or so since I tried last. And since using DLTCEP is not crucial for what I do (I do not do any area editing), I just leave it be till I really, really, really have to learn it. For now it's quicker to stick to IEEP, NI and WeiDU.

Every time I decide to use it, I go as far as installing it, then opening it, staring at it for a moment, then closing it and opening NI instead. There is something it wants before working or does not open the files, or just looks too complicated for what I need done, or something like that - I can't recall now. It's been a year or so since I tried last. And since using DLTCEP is not crucial for what I do (I do not do any area editing), I just leave it be till I really, really, really have to learn it. For now it's quicker to stick to IEEP, NI and WeiDU.

Hehe, not like i want to push it :) , but it does support WeiDU scripting quite well :)

And the builtin checker functions are really helpful sometimes.

People who break past the setup barrier usually stick with it.

By the way, setting it up shouldn't be THAT hard.

All you need to do: select your gametype, game's chitin.key, and weidu executable.

It should find the effect descriptions nowadays automatically.

I'll keep it in mind for when I am finally ready to move to more complex scripting than dialogue sequences, variations on dialogue sequences and Oh! some more dialogue sequences. :)

Setting the items undroppable in the .cre file is a safer way because scripts don't always run on a dying cre. (For example if it was held during death).

Of course, non script methods are less available for the weidu-only modders, but doable.

The real weidu ninjas build whole items/cres just by plain weidu :p

Archived