Alpha 6 Released

CamDawg

Alpha 6 is out:

Windows version

OS X version

I'd like to seriously discuss a different collaboration method--right now, I'm absolutely a bottleneck since we have a 'master copy' of the mod and contributions are made to it manually. I'd like to see us move to an online collaboration mode, more of a (dare I say it?) wiki.

We've already started using wikis for developing other collaborative projects, so that everyone in the project can modify/add/delete code directly to the tp2, scripts, etc. I think there's not a better project better suited for this, but I wanted to at least get some feedback before proceeding. Comments? Thoughts?

It's software that allows for collaboration and versioning--you check out the code, make your changes, and then would check it in. We use it at work for our coding, but I don't have the access to set it up here. Plus, I'm not sure how many people are familiar with it.

We've already started using wikis for developing other collaborative projects, so that everyone in the project can modify/add/delete code directly to the tp2, scripts, etc. I think there's not a better project better suited for this, but I wanted to at least get some feedback before proceeding. Comments? Thoughts?

Given that the number of people who actively contribute actual code on a regular basis appears to be one: you, I'm not sure that it'd be a terribly productive endeavour. If it improves productivity, then great, but I haven't been contributing because I'm lazy, not because you're a huge bottleneck holding me back.

Archived