Minimal Acknowledgement of Other NPC

Domi

Being friends and hanging out together, is one thing, encouraging to use such connections for bussiness purposes is another.

I still don't really see why (even assuming we do classify modding as "business"). I think my mods would be a whole lot worse if I couldn't go into chat and say "hey guys, what do you think of this idea?" It also saves me a lot of time which I'd otherwise spend developing ideas only to have somebody point out how bad they are in a businesslike manner later on. Literature aside, why would social interaction not be advantageous for IE modding?

Nothing wrong with that, but I don't like the idea that the cross-mod content should depend on who is freinds with whom. I think that some *minimal* mod interaction can be achieved without a personal contact and without forming the alliances and making pledges.

Nothing wrong with that, but I don't like the idea that the cross-mod content should depend on who is freinds with whom. I think that some *minimal* mod interaction can be achieved without a personal contact and without forming the alliances and making pledges.

I agree with this. The problem with the Crossmod author collaboration so far is that people are either not responding or some authors (myself and some others) who have mod NPCs registered for the Crossmod have not been contacted at all.

Yes, I realize that I haven't contacted anyone either. Working 20 hours a day tends to make you not really have time to think up topics for conversation.

No permission is required for:

- Any basic scripting checks e.g. romance kill scripts.

This is the only item I would find uniformly acceptable without collaboration and agreement between the authors. I wouldn't want Surayah to kick in with a flirt when the PC's at a committed stage of the Sewage Golem Romance any more than I'd want Alassa showing <CHARNAME> where she keeps her punch daggers when he's just had the morning after talk with Surayah. A variable check is all you need to nip that in the bud.

But, okay, suppose you just *have* to have your NPC say something, just in case the Sewage Golem beats your NPC to true love by a love talk. They can talk to the PC, but there's no reason they have to say "<CHARNAME>, I can see you have feelings for the Sewage Golem." You can use a generic "<CHARNAME>, I can tell you do not love me," and then break it off from that side. Then, it is simply your NPC and the PC having a talk, but it accomplishes the same purpose.

- Interjections into the other mod's material assuming you are not writing a 'counter interjection' for that NPC afterwards i.e. the other person's NPC responding to your interjection (As this would break the rule in the next paragraph).

- Dialogues about the other person's NPC, within reason i.e. it should be your NPCs opinion of that mod not an opportunity to flame that mod*

I wouldn't support a free hand with these items because they rely upon modder #2 interpreting modder #1's work. Without some collaboration, modder #2 is forced to accurately evaluate what constitutes "within reason." I don't think modder #1 should be put in the position where they are expected to grin and bear content done in reference to their work any more than I think modder #2 should have to suffer modder #1 publicly disavowing their efforts.

If two modders cannot agree successfully on what cross-mod content they will share, they do not need to have cross-mod content. It's that simple. It's not just friendships and networks. It's basic communication.

As for those modders who retire, well, let's use it as an objective lesson why we should have last will & testaments for our projects just in case a piano falls on someone's head tomorrow.

If two modders cannot agree successfully on what cross-mod content they will share, they do not need to have cross-mod content. It's that simple. It's not just friendships and networks. It's basic communication.

That's what I was trying to say (less eloquently).

Archived