Suggestion: No Kitless Clerics

yarpen

Hello. It's again me. I've got strange but hmm.. in my opinion interesting ideas. Ready?

1. No clerics without kit

Yes yes! Cleric without god? Hmm... so stupid thing. Priest must got his god! And how to do that? I don't know. But it's so similar system like a Gnomish Ilusioner. Gnomes can't got normal MAGE class but they're can got Ilusioner.

It's a one problem. Multiclass.. But we can give for any multiclass any god. And when you create human cleric/thief, you got Mistificator of Mask :O When you create Mage/Cleric, you got Mystra Cleric. There's an abbilities and kit gained by item which you can buy in game. No-elegance but practical...

2. All-level domain spells

Again. But I've got answer fo that problem.

At 3 level you gain second level spells? Then we're making something like that. Change 2DA file. Now you're gain second level spells at 4 level. But on 3 level of experience you gain special abbility :D Genial? Only with 1 point (NO cleric without kit)

All right. It can be additional component. But It's good ideas!

Yes yes! Cleric without god? Hmm... so stupid thing. Priest must got his god! And how to do that? I don't know. But it's so similar system like a Gnomish Ilusioner. Gnomes can't got normal MAGE class but they're can got Ilusioner.

So, if my PC worships Corellon, and Corellon's kit does not exist/is poorly done, they should go and worship Lathander instead? Or worse, Hanali/Trinity Goddess, when/if this kit is done?

It's a one problem. Multiclass.. But we can give for any multiclass any god. And when you create human cleric/thief, you got Mistificator of Mask :O When you create Mage/Cleric, you got Mystra Cleric. There's an abbilities and kit gained by item which you can buy in game. No-elegance but practical...

Forcing multi-class characters to worship a particular deity is just silly. For example, a Chaotic Good cleric/thief most definitely would not worship Mask, and a gnomish or half-orc cleric/thief almost certainly wouldn't worship him either.

Also, what about characters who dual-class to cleric? Especially ones who already have a kit in their first class?

At 3 level you gain second level spells? Then we're making something like that. Change 2DA file. Now you're gain second level spells at 4 level. But on 3 level of experience you gain special abbility :D Genial? Only with 1 point (NO cleric without kit)

As mentioned above, there would still be dual-classed clerics to take into account.

Kitless clerics are a long, long, long discussion in the workroom. I dislike kitless clerics for a number of reasons--the biggest being that in Faerun divine spells are granted by a deity, making deity-less clerics a bit silly. I'd rather not rehash everything here, but the main reason why we're not messing with them are practical (what to do with duals and multis) and role-playing (as Kulyok demonstrates, we're never going to cover every deity the player wants).

I'm altering the title of this thread, because when I read it I almost had a heart attack thinking it was a big bug and I think the casual viewer might do the same.

For the record, I was against abolishing Trueclass clerics for the reasons Kulyok and Cam have mentioned.

Archived