Questions

Hello everyone :D I'm a one of Fixpack betatesters :D Great! All right. I've got some questions and things to say.

1. Can I test the BG II with mods? I really don't know (it's my first betatesting :p ). I will send you my WEIDU.log... becouse I've got some mods.

Questpack (only scrip changes)

Unfinished Business (without script fixes - they're in FIXPACK, true?)

MixMod (by Borsook, some changes to difficulty)

Refinements V3

Zyraen Miscellany

And I can't install The Bigg Tweakpack, and Sarevok Remorse from UB. I don't know why. Bigg Weidu closes when I try to install. And Ub can't detect Throne of Bhall :( It can be made by Fixpack?

2. New component to goods for moders.

How many kits have got similar Item Restrictions? Hmm...

All bards

Trueclass druid- Totemic druid

Berserker- Trueclass fighter

All mages

All thieves (but Assasin has got his own potions in Refinements)

Archer-Stalker

Inquisitor- Undead Hunter

You can give them one Item Restriction list! Then modders can create a new item restrictions for his own kits :D

How to do that? Bigg's do that in Refinements (Sword Angel Component, Jester-Skald). And everything's all right.

3. Detected spells, script spells and scripts

They're two, very good BG "mods". Did you apply them to Fixpack? And you can now improve some creatures scripts (Archers now can use Called Shot.. Talos/Lath/Helm clerics can use his special abbilities).

And can you improve creatures scripts? Something like a Questpack. But it must be created more RPG-like.

Hmm.. what about I'm talking? Stupid, orcish or ogre grunt can't use good tactics to fight. Simple. He rush to enemy and try to kill him. But more inteligent fighters are using tactics, potions etc. They're escaping when hurt. Etc... Can you apply that to Fixpack? It can be additional component.

At last, what do you think about better scripts for players? You know, that generic, which player can achieve to his PC/NPC :)

All right. That's enough today.

And I can't install The Bigg Tweakpack, and Sarevok Remorse from UB. I don't know why. Bigg Weidu closes when I try to install. And Ub can't detect Throne of Bhall :D It can be made by Fixpack?

I can't replicate either of those problems. Could you post your weidu.log?

Problem #1: have you tried running again setup-tb#tweaks.exe? Which version is it? (the latest is 2.01).

Problem #2: do you have multiple installs?

2. New component to goods for moders.

How many kits have got similar Item Restrictions? Hmm...

You can give them one Item Restriction list! Then modders can create a new item restrictions for his own kits :D

It's a bad idea; mod A might have made the Jester get the Skald bit, while another may have made the opposite overwrite. if we made either of these tweaks, installing the mod that made the opposite move is bound to fail.

Hmm... right. But it can be optional component! And mods which have got original BG kits, and must got original ITM restrict, write in README - PLEASE DON'T INSTALL FIXPACK FREE ITEM RESTRICTION SLOTS COMPONENT. And new kit mods which got his own Item Restrictions, write PLEASE INSTALL FIXPACK with that fu*** component. Right?

At first i must translate to you mod components because they're in Polish! I install TB Tweaks 2.00 v

I haven't got multiple installs.

While it might be a good idea, I don't think the Fixpack is necessarily the best place for it--I think too many components would confuse people, and if it is called a Fixpack it should mostly be that. We don't want to have a Fixpack that could potentially break peoples' games.

1. There shouldn't be any conflicts, but your bug reports may be less useful as we'd have to first rule out issues with the mods. Like Baldurdash, the Fixpack should go after the official patch but before mods in your install order.

2. There a couple of reasons why this isn't the best of ideas:

• backwards copatibility--wholesale changes may cause (unnecessary) conflicts with mods
  • some kit flags have hidden functionality, i.e. the bounty hunter flag is what gives them 15 thief points/level instead of 25
  • hierarchical nature--freeing kit flags is not always useful given that the class flags may remain more restrictive

Both bigg (Refinements) and I (SPC) used the same trick and end up fighting over one of the flags, showing that freeing up the flags won't necessarily allow for more mods to use the flags.

A few of the kit flags also have hidden functionality and are not quite as free as they may appear--for example, the Bounty Hunter flag is what reduces thieving points per level to 15, not anything in the kit abilities.

3. Scriptable and Detectable Spells|Effects|States|Affects are included; the former in core bug fixes and the latter in the modder pack since so many mods require it and it would be better as a central resource. Scripts are being adjusted for bugs, but otherwise 'improving' AI falls well into the realm of tweak and won't be included.

Right...

but there are can be any bugs with that fusion of itm restr.

warrior - berserker (I don't know where I can find a code of trueclass itm restr.

Thief - Swashbukler

Undead hunter - Inquisitor

Stalker - Archer

All bard kits

Totemic druid - druid

And we're got now.. 7 free itm restr. slots. if give trueclass itm restriction for kit is possible.

Anyone can say where I can find codes for that trueclass item restrtcts?

Right...

but there are can be any bugs with that fusion of itm restr.

warrior - berserker (I don't know where I can find a code of trueclass itm restr.

Thief - Swashbukler

Undead hunter - Inquisitor

Stalker - Archer

All bard kits

Totemic druid - druid

And we're got now.. 7 free itm restr. slots. if give trueclass itm restriction for kit is possible.

Anyone can say where I can find codes for that trueclass item restrtcts?

Inquisitor, Stalker, Lama are used for NPC-specific restrictions (and, as such, you can't absorb Archer in Stalker, or vice-versa). altering Swash, Undead Hunter, any type of Bard flags would provoke incompatibilities with Refinements.

Hmm... but I've got answer for that NPC specific restriction.

It's very simple mechanism. NPC items have got SPELL (spell file) which inflict hmm... 4 damage per round.

And we're give spl with immunity to that damaging spell for NPC. ReallyForcedSPell, pernament :D

You can take that to Fixpack.

Archived