IsValid.../Imoen Romance bug

Grim Squeaker

I was wondering if the commonly reported bug with the replacing IsValid... tweak and the Imoen romance has been fixed? If not might I suggest some R_Ting in Imoen's script to replace the IsValid... check with some !See(Player2...5) or distance checks and of course InParty(Myself). In theory that should give the desired original effect that was removed by this tweak.

Obviously, I'd recommend getting Lord M's permission before doing this. In theory its just fixing an incompatibility by restoring the original behaviour but I wouldn't want to R_T someone's code without asking them first.

Okay. IIRC, because of the way we implement this tweak, it is a dialogue file we need to fix. Can some kind soul email me the d files from Imoen's Romance? If anyone knows a more accurate position for the problem, then that'd be great to know.

Yes, if you liked it. As much as I hated the delay when the music starts which is probably due to my old system, I think if you follow the idea at all, it is fairly enjoyable. IIRC I played it twice and found it a nice take on my companion/forced sibling.

... and this is done. The IVFPD checks for Imoen Romance are replaced with InMyArea checks. so there's no longer an incompatibility (provided Tweaks is installed after IR).

Surely InMyArea just checks whether they are in the same AR####? Which would mean in the context of the mod, she's checking for !InMyArea(), which means that there are no other NPCs in the same area as her, which still isn't gonna work. It's meant to represent the other NPCs being a certain distance away from her so they can talk privately.

Archived