New Kit for Elven Fighter/Mages: Bladesinger

St_Vitruvius

Ummm, afraid I have a bug report already. ^_^;

Mine is a BGT install, by the way.

Everything was working fine until my pc hit level 2 and got her special abilities, I'm assuming Mordenkain's sword and minor spell turning. The "Gained Special Ability" bits for both of them had Tamoko's lines after it, and M's sword didn't have an icon in her special ability list.

I'm not really sure why there is a string error, since this was the last thing I installed. :mad:

The abilities themselves work fine, but their names show up as Tam's dialogue.

Ummm, afraid I have a bug report already. ^_^;

I knew there were bugs, I just need to find them and find out what to do.. I'm still learning this..

Mine is a BGT install, by the way.

Everything was working fine until my pc hit level 2 and got her special abilities, I'm assuming Mordenkain's sword and minor spell turning. The "Gained Special Ability" bits for both of them had Tamoko's lines after it, and M's sword didn't have an icon in her special ability list.

I've tried leveling a new Bladesinger, in johnnys dungeon.. As you say, the name of the abilities are not shown.

Another bug is when the game starts and your class is changed to Fighter/Mage, your "kit" is disregarded in favour of the standard configuration: that means you cannot put more than 2 prof. in a weapon.

There is something wrong too with the item restriction: He cannot use Elven Chain!

I've got a plain install of SoA and ToB. What version are you refering to by BGT? Tamoko..?

His abilities should be a parry and a disarm ability.. The Parry uses the bladebarrier animation and the spell-turning spell icon. As for the disarm.. well it uses the Flaming Sword animation..

The monitor on my labtop, where I usually work on the mod, have gone hopeless on me.. So untill I get hold of an old CRT-monitor to connect, I've got a hard time figuring it out..

That's where all my files are stored.. I'll try getting hold of as much as possible tomorrow..

I've tried leveling a new Bladesinger, in johnnys dungeon.. As you say, the name of the abilities are not shown.

Another bug is when the game starts and your class is changed to Fighter/Mage, your "kit" is disregarded in favour of the standard configuration: that means you cannot put more than 2 prof. in a weapon.

There is something wrong too with the item restriction: He cannot use Elven Chain!

I've got a plain install of SoA and ToB. What version are you refering to by BGT? Tamoko..?

His abilities should be a parry and a disarm ability.. The Parry uses the bladebarrier animation and the spell-turning spell icon. As for the disarm.. well it uses the Flaming Sword animation..

The monitor on my labtop, where I usually work on the mod, have gone hopeless on me.. So untill I get hold of an old CRT-monitor to connect, I've got a hard time figuring it out..

That's where all my files are stored.. I'll try getting hold of as much as possible tomorrow..

BGT = Baldur's Gate Trilogy. Basically a mod that makes it so you can play BG1 and BG2 in the same game. I mentioned it because my PC started as a level 1 Bladesinger at Candlekeep, and got the one level of mage right after the game actually started. Tamoko is a character in BG1.

I brought it up because I thought it was possible you made it with only BG2 in mind, and since they start you at level 11 if I remember right.. that could explain the name problem.

Ahhhh, I must have gotten confused with the icons, then. I didn't try the disarm one, only the sword one.

@Riviera: ah.. BG1.. Haven't played it for years.. And I can't get it to work on my new computer..

But your're right, I made it for BG2, though I would like it to be compatible with BGT..

@Menelanna: What else have you installed? I've installed and uninstalled it loads of times without the game crashing.. The early versions of the mod did crash the game, because I tried callig something that either wasn't there or because it was wrong.

Can you both send me the debug files? They might be able to tell me something..

Just Xan v. 2, Flirt Packs and the most recent version of UB BG2. Currently I am just trying to get my game to work. It might not be totally your mods fault, my game has been a pain ever since I installed it, but I think something about it gave it the finally push into crashing. Well good luck on removing all the bugs in your mod. I still would like to play it when later when it has it's bugs removed.

I've fixed the minor bugs: No ability-names, missing ability-pictures..

@Riviera: I've got some trouble installing BG1:TUTU to get a chance to find out why Tam's lines where displayed..

@Menelanna: I don't know why it crashed you game.. It might be because some of the mod files had the same name as some of your files.. Thaht might be the case for both..

I've changed allmost all the filenames to StV-something..

The first thing I'm going to do is to get it to work.. Then I'll modify it to resemble the acutal kit more closely..

I still need to figure out the best way to change the text of the kit-description..

From v0.1i, the current version, use an english .tra-file..

If you have the time, I'd be happy if you could translate it to polish.. And if anyone else for that matter have time to translate into german, french, spanish or what ever language suits them best.

If I recieve a copy of the tra-file, I'll put it into the mod (and give a notice in the readme, ofcourse..)

Just remember: There may be added more entries later, as the mod isn't complete yet..

I still need to figure out the best way to change the text of the kit-description..

In the .tp2 just use say @1 and then in the .tra put @1 =~Bladesinger: Description goes here and you can type as much as you want to~

If you dont use a .tra then just put this in your .tp2: say ~Bladesinger: Description goes here and you can type as much as you want to~

If this is not what you were looking for just tell me to shut up :mad:

ronin

New update.. It should work now.. The only three bugs I can identify when starting a new char is:

1. Ability image míssing for Disarm
  2. Kit description missing after changing class
  3. The Bladesinger is not able to use armor

Regarding the missing picture: If someone will pleace have a look at both the coding of the tp2 and at the StVdisrm.spl to see if they can figure oout what is wrong, I'd be happy..

As for the missing kit description: Is there a command, like ChangeKit() or ChangeClass(), I can use?

I use ONLY BG2:ToB in the start of my testing phase, so if someone gets a bug with other mods, please let me know..

I've changed all the filenames as to not having something overwrite anything else. (I've also redefined the calling sequence within the game files..)

New version on the site.. This is the first version of the mod, that should be playable..

I'm currently playtesting with SoA and ToB to see if it works without other mods. I'll be playing through Jonnys Dungeon and and the Coppor Coronet or something.. The main thing is: Does I gain the desired effects upon leveling up..

In the readme is listed all the known issues, theese will (hopefully) be fixed with the next update.

One thing I'd like is, if someone could help me figure out why the special abillity icon for Disarm is misssing. The button is there, but no image is displayed..

Later I'll be testing with a number of different mods..

Archived