New Kit for Elven Fighter/Mages: Bladesinger

St_Vitruvius

Disarm ability is too powerfull in Infinity Engine. Enemies can't take a weapon from ground, and rare got secondary weapon :) Maybe make for him 'Sword dance' ability, which grants some bonus to fight.

And can you write in description of kit, effects of abilities?

Good point.. If you take a look at The Bladesong Fighting Style, could that be what you was thinking of?

I thought of making for him four special abilities:

A normal fighting mode

A Slightly defencive stance

A defencive fighting stance (Being the parry-ability)

An offencive fighting stance

Each should be permanent when chosen, until you rest or choose another stance..

Untill then, I'll slow down the rate of Disarm to 1/10th level?

I'm looking at some scripting to find a way to add the description in the game..

Where can I find Tamoko in BG1?

In-game location or .cre files? In-game outside the Sorcerous Sundries shop (BG east district) in Chapter 7, and outside the Temple in the Undercity. Cre files would be tamoko.cre and tamoko2.cre in original BG1, and IIRC _tamoko and _tamoko2 in Tutu.

In-game.. Can you pinpoint her exact location via her (x,y)-mouse-coordinates?

Let's see... she should spawn at (1122.2074) in the east district of the city of Baldur's Gate... but again, not until Chapter 7. Note that she moves to initiate dialogue when she spots a party member.

The above coordinates are from an EasyTutu install, but I have no reason to believe that they are different in the original BG1.

I just finished BGT and could not find any of the reported bugs conserning Tamoko, so I guess I got it fixed..

I've not implemented any of the before mentioned changes yet and will probalbly not have the time before in a couple of weeks as I've got a couple of tests in physics and maths the coming weeks..

Time for another update..

It took a lot while longer than expected to get on with the mod, but here goes..

I'm not quite done with the Kit Description, but that's details..

For those interessted in looking at the project, feel free to download and try it out.. And if you feel like it, look in the readme for known issues and, if you know how to correct them, please send me an email, post here or pm me..

I decided to slow down the advancement of the "Disarm ability" from 1/4 levels to 1/10 levels.. At maximum level it's only possible to have 2 of theese per day.. It is still a very, very powerfull ability, but now you won't be able to make every monster on the screen drop their items in one hit.. When I've got around to trying it out my self, I may slow it to 1/20 levels, if it turns out to be still too powerfull..

I've added two more special abilities: The "Defensive Spin" and "Offensive Spin" of the Blade Kit. I figured, why bother creating two completly new abilities when theese two does, in essence, what I was looking for. Initially they're increasing at the same rate as for the Blade..

I've added the bonus to the Bladesingers AC, but there is one drag.. I wasn't able to get it work against Slashing, Piercing and Crushing weapons only.. So at maximum level, a Bladesinger with a high dex has an AC of ~-20.. naked! This is too much, I know, but can anyone tell me why it won't work?

I think you should remove disarm and parry abilities, and give Blade spins. Then can you say how it is looking now?

That has been done now.. And the rate at wich his AC decreased has been slowed down to first level and each 7th level afterwards for a total AC bonus of -4 at level 22 (His maximum Fighter level, who determines bonuses, is 24)

The mod should be done now.. All that remains is to find out if I can get aroung the missing description, but that can wait.. And ofcourse I need to test it for some time to make sure it's compatible with the 30+ mods i regularly use..

Any suggestions to mods I should try it with? What does people use most?

What do you think about make this kit only available after help the Suldanessalar. For example after that, Elistraee gives you her bless, and if you're fighter/mage, you can now become Bladesinger.

And second option. Maybe would you create Arcane Archer? :)

What do you think about make this kit only available after help the Suldanessalar. For example after that, Elistraee gives you her bless, and if you're fighter/mage, you can now become Bladesinger.

And second option. Maybe would you create Arcane Archer? :rant:

Good idea.. I'll have to learn how to create and change dialouge in the game though, as it is still new to me..

But isn't there an Arcane Archer Kit somewhere?

What about creating a series of packages for the different races?

Elven Package containing specific missions you can undertake if your're elven with different rewards like the option to become a Bladesinger and to find a Moonblade.. Kits could be taken from "Complete Book of Elves" and "Elves of Evermeet"

For inspiration on other races one would use Complete Book of Dwarves, Halflings, ect..

Are there any support for such an idea? Or is there one allready?

But isn't there an Arcane Archer Kit somewhere?
Yeah, there is on BWL.
For inspiration on other races one would use Complete Book of Dwarves, Halflings, ect.. Are there any support for such an idea? Or is there one allready?
That would be pretty cool... I think I still have some of those books. :rant: I'm not aware anyone has done something like this (but then there is so much out there for BG2, who knows).

Just curious... I didn't read the whole history, but how did you assign a kit to a multiclass?

Archived