New Kit for Elven Fighter/Mages: Bladesinger

St_Vitruvius

I'm about to start on a mod of my own. I want to add a new kit to BG2:ToB and SoA. The kit is essentially the Bladesinger Kit depicted in the old AD&D Supplement: The Complete Book of Elves.

The kit itself is available to Elven Fighter/Mages only. I've uploaded the kit description at my web page.

As I've never done a mod before, can someone point me in the direction of the tools/editors and highlighters to use? And what should I keep an eye on?

Are there any major issues I'll be bound to encounter? Ex. how to determine class-level when assigning special abilities..

EDIT: bladesinger.rar - The Bladesinger Kit as it is today - work in progress.

Latest version: v0.1i uploaded on the 8th of October, 2006

Elves cannot be Bards.

I think you could probably make a Fighter kit, and then use scripting to ChangeClass() to a Fighter/Mage. Not sure if the CLAB would stick, though.

Alternatively you could make it selectable as a Fighter kit, use ChangeClass() to Bard, and then work it from there using the functionality of the Bard base class.

TDD managed to make kitted mult-classes work by building the Change class command into the CLAB, so I don't see why it would be a problem.

TDD is often cited as an example for modders.

This is, I believe, the first time it's been done in a positive manner. :)

TDD is often cited as an example for modders.

This is, I believe, the first time it's been done in a positive manner. :)

Heh. I was shocked at myself when I did that.......

@ St Varsuvius: there is no need to download the whole thing. Just download TDDsinTDD. TDD is a huge download, but TDDsinTDD just gives you the kits and what not. TDDsinTDD is obviously a spanish mod, but an english beta is available atSpellhold Studios Everything else you need to know about kit modding is in Cam's tutorial. Don't be intimidated. Just do it step by step and you'll get it done without too much fuss, I promise.

Archived