What the hell is Viconia talking about?

Grim Squeaker

Here's something that me and Zandilar found while writing a Viconia Relationship Talk. This is from one of the male lovetalks:

Viccy: I wish to...apologize...for attempting to unburden myself upon you before.  I was foolish to be so weak in Beregost, and worse yet to speak to you about it.

PC: Well, I was barely listening, anyway, so don't worry about it.

Viccy: I shall do that, jaluk.  And when I bash its skull in, you do not mind if I picture you in its bovine features, hm?

WHAT THE HELL!?! Can anyone explain her response to me? It would make sense if the PC had said:

PC: Well, I was barely listening, why don't you go and mutilate some cattle...

Any ideas?

Grim, got your PM. :D

Do you happen to know the corresponding STRREF #'s for these lines? I do recall our coming across a few odd lines in the dialog.tlk file.

I posted them here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?to...2.msg782#msg782

"UNIMPLEMENTED VICONIA/PC CONVERSATION

@61916 = ~I intend to deal with Irenicus once and for all, Viconia, as you should well know.~

@61917 = ~Irenicus must be stopped... it is nothing so light as you suggest.~

@61918 = ~I have no intention of discussing this with you.~

@61919 = ~Oh? So I am merely to do as I'm told and be silent, am I? Moody bastard. Continue such insults and you shall see firsthand how superior the drow female is.~

@61920 = ~If you say so, <CHARNAME>. I do not see why you do not just leave the dog lying where it is. There are other conquests more worthy of one of your prowess.~

@61921 = ~Irenicus has stolen my soul, Viconia... do you suggest I let him keep it?~

@61922 = ~I will not let him get away with what he's done, regardless of what you say.~

@61923 = ~Perhaps you are right, but I seem to have little choice in the matter.~

@61924 = ~Enough! Our goals are nothing alike, you know nothing of me!~

@61925 = ~Not at all. By all means, let us seek your revenge. It is just tiring, thinking of you forever running off on some crusade, moralistic or otherwise.~

@61926 = ~Perhaps someone will tame you one day, and turn you to the destiny you are truly meant for. A pleasant thought.~

@61927 = ~So it is another tireless crusade for you, is it? Crossing the breadth of the world, urgency behind every word and deed? How utterly cumbersome.~

@61928 = ~I know plenty of you. I know you walk as if on eggshells around your true fate, refusing to see that which is self-evident. Instead you distract yourself with these petty, constant quests. How tiresome.~"

Here's something that me and Zandilar found while writing a Viconia Relationship Talk.  This is from one of the male lovetalks:

Viccy: I wish to...apologize...for attempting to unburden myself upon you before.  I was foolish to be so weak in Beregost, and worse yet to speak to you about it.

PC: Well, I was barely listening, anyway, so don't worry about it.

Viccy: I shall do that, jaluk.  And when I bash its skull in, you do not mind if I picture you in its bovine features, hm?

WHAT THE HELL!?! Can anyone explain her response to me? It would make sense if the PC had said:

PC: Well, I was barely listening, why don't you go and mutilate some cattle...

Any ideas?

xcom meets baldur's gate 2... :D:D:D

ahem. It (her response) makes absolute sense if you knew what your PC was claiming to have ignored. ..she then proceeds to compare you to a farm animal. cow/Pig..

You get this response if you claim to have ignored her tale of Beregost. You know.. where she tells you about the farmers raping her and burying her?

Archived