wishlist

Avenger

:p

So basically you want GemRB to be a Frontend program that let's you chose the mods you want to play with. And one that custom builds(copy/paste an dmodify) the reguired files and gives you a seperate .exe to play the mod combination with, a basically a multi-WeiDUmod installer, with perhaps a graffic interface. Much like for example, games like Freelancer, and Temple of Elemental Evil have. :p

:p

So basically you want GemRB to be a Frontend program that let's you chose the mods you want to play with.

Well no... I do not want it to be a frontend, but a little more.

Yes, this would be fun, if possible.

And for simple NPC mods that are little more than dialogs, it is possible.

But recently mods became very complex. They started to modify projectiles, for example. Or the song list. These couldn't be modded.

Then there is 2 choices :

-handle a new file format to mod what is not yet possible to mod.

-abandon this idea.

But it can be so much more. Like that it finds all the dialog Opcodes and adds checks for char7 to 10 and puts them in order etc. if so desired by the operator. Ah, just think of the dialog intersection. :p
But it can be so much more. Like that it finds all the dialog Opcodes and adds checks for char7 to 10 and puts them in order etc. Ah, just think of the dialog intersection. :p

Ah, I understand your point now. What I propose is more than a frontend, which will do nothing more than what weidu could do with command line.

My idea would be to have a folder named, say "mymod", in which all modifications to the game are stocked. In the root of the game folder, there is a file named "mods.cfg" which selects the mods you want to play.

As Avenger said, this would be hard, and would need the development of another tool, similar to weidu. (or a major modification to it) A program which could parse tp2 files, but differently.

Dual classing is possible only for humans, that won't change in GemRB.

More precisely: you will be able to either dual class or multiclass a race, based on a 2da setup.

Dual class is just a different multiclass.

In GemRB you will be able to use the SetStat action (from iwd2).

But in GemRB you can change all stats available in bg2.

In GemRB the multiclass flags and the secondary level/XP fields are all stats, and settable.

Okay, I'm guessing this wish would be very difficult to implement, if its possible at all.

But, would it be possible to allow the user to select the ruleset for a particular game? say he starts up BG2, and decides to play it with 3E rules - using feats etc.

I guess the hard part would be converting spells, monsters and items across - there isnt too much overlap between the monsters in BG2 and IWD2 is there?

one more question - are you going to add extra feats to IWD2?

Anyway, it seems like you guys are making great progress, I wish you guys luck. I could help with script writing or perhaps testing if you need.

I plan to implement iwd2 feats without hardcoding them.

HLA/Clab(kits)/feats are just variations on a single theme.

I will implement these without hardcoding anything in the core, they will be handled by guiscripts and/or .2da files (and custom spells).

To play bg2 with feats, you will have to design the feat selection screen, the 2da's and custom spells associated with the feats.

I don't plan to implement more than the original games did, but modders will be able to do whatever they wish without changing the .exe.

Something that would be nice to change is that if your main character dies in the game and "if" you have a at least one party members with you it won't be gameover directly, but your main characer have the same basic rules like everyone else in your party to bring him/her alive! :)

Would this be possible?

Something that would be nice to change is that if your main character dies in the game and "if" you have a at least one party members with you it won't be gameover directly, but your main characer have the same basic rules like everyone else in your party to bring him/her alive! :)

Would this be possible?

This is already implemented, as required by existing games.

There is a GameSetProtagonistMode with 3 different options

See: http://linux.prinas.si/gemrb/doku.php?id=g...protagonistmode

Archived