Documentation of Fixes

Took me a week, but the first draft of Fixpack documentation is complete. I started from scratch as I realized our previous documentation setup only made sense to the Fixack team and not to players. It's a first draft, so expect a lot of typos and minor errors. I put it up anyway since I know many folks have been waiting for this. It's also not qite accurate for beta 2, as it's based off my local copy,--I've made changes since the last beta and they're included in the docs. Once beta 3 is released, the documentation will always be up-to-date with the latest released version.

From the players, I especially want help geting the docs organized into a sensible and usable fashion, instead of one long horrendous document as it is now. I'll take feedback on anything, though. :(

From the Fixpack team, I want you especially to review the fix writeups for accuracy. Some of these fixes were done a long time ago and/or not by me, so the descriptions of the problem and solution may have errors. Please let me know ASAP if this is the case.

I didn't notice any major gaffes in a fairly quick read through.

These were documented twice

Irenicus as Slayer Has Wrong Soundset

When Irenicus transforms into the slayer in hell, he uses an ogre's soundset. This is changed to be Irenicus' default soundset, as the PC also retains their soundset when transformed.

Files altered: hellslay.cre

Crom Faeyr Doesn't Instantly Kill Trolls or Ettins

Crom Faeyr is supposed to kill ettins and trolls instantly. It failed on trolls because many were flagged incorrectly as other races, which is fixed in the creature racial fixes. It also failed to kill ettins for the same reason: the ettins in the game are classed as race giants. A new racial entry for ettins was made, and Crom Faeyr now targets anything of race: ettin instantly.

Files altered: hamm09.itm

Corthala Family Armor Missing Icon, Not Restricting Arcane Casting

Valygar's armor is not restricting arcane spellcasting when worn, nor was it applying a mind shield icon.

Files altered: npchan.itm

From the core fixes (spelling errors ignored):

The last "sentence" is a jumble of two sentences.

Incorrect Racial Maximums for Dwarves and Halflings

Dwarves were getting their -1 to charisma penalty applied twice, erroneously making their maximum charisma 16 instead of 17. Halflings were also being limited to 17 wisdom. The dwarven penalty to dexterity was also abracead.2da to abracerq.2da for consistency.

The bolded F/D, F/M/C, C/R lines are... odd.

Weapon Proficiencies Maximum and Minimum Fixes

There are several errors with classes and kits being able to place stars in weapon proficiencies:

Swashbucklers were only allowed one star in katanas; should be two

Monks were not allowed to place any stars in katanas; should be allowed one

Fighter/Mage/Clerics and Cleric/Rangers were being allowed three stars in clubs; should be two

Swashbucklers were being allowed two stars in crossbows, slings, and shortbows; should be one

Kensais and Cavaliers were allowed dart proficiencies; should be zero

Fighter/Druids, Fighter/Mage/Clerics, and Cleric/Rangers were being allowed one star in Two-Handed Weapon Style; should be two

Paladins were being allowed three stars in Two-Handed Weapon Style; should be two

Fighter/Druids, Fighter/Mage/Clerics, and Cleric/Rangers were being allowed two stars in Two-Handed Weapon Style; should be three

Stores Selling Stacks of One Throwing Axe has passed along its description to the next entry, Name of Arcana Archives is Incorrect

Just a "thank you" for:

Party Not Rested From Weeklong Trip to Bynnlaw

The party is supposed to arrive in Bynnlaw fully rested, but the cutscene that transports the party is occasionally flaky with the resting actions.

At last...

Thank you for your great work. While reading I have seen some typos :

Multi-and Dual-Class Thieves Restricted from Lawful neutral and Lawful Neutral

Single-class thieves are allowed to be of lawful neutral and lawful evil alignments, but their multi- and dual-class versions are not. The Fixpack changes this to allow them to have the same alignment choices as single-class thieves.

Files altered: alignmnt.2da

Stalkers and Archers Are Not Allowed to Dual-Class

In Throne of Bhaal, Bioware altered Stalkers and Archers to not be able to dual-class. As ToB reflects the msot recent developer intent, ToB changes are generally rolled back to SoA games, so Stalkers and Archers are altered to be unable to dual-class in SoA-only games as well. There is an Optional But Cool component to allow them to dual-class in both SoA and ToB games.

Files altered: dualclas.2da

Weapon Proficiencies Maximum and Minimum Fixes

There are several errors with classes and kits being able to place stars in weapon proficiencies:

* Swashbucklers were only allowed one star in katanas; should be two

* Monks were not allowed to place any stars in katanas; should be allowed one

* Fighter-Mage-Clerics and Cleric-Rangers were being allowed three stars in clubs; should be two

* Swashbucklers were being allowed two stars in crossbows, slings, and shortbows; should be one

* Kensais and Cavaliers were allowed dart proficiencies; should be zero

* Fighter-Druids, Fighter-Mage-Clerics, and Cleric-Rangers were being allowed one star in Two-Handed Weapon Style; should be two

* Paladins were being allowed three stars in Two-Handed Weapon Style; should be two

* Fighter-Druids, Fighter-Mage-Clerics, and Cleric-Rangers were being allowed two stars in Two-Handed Weapon Style; should be three

Files altered: weapprof.2da

Guest kimmel

Thanks CamDawg--interesting to see all this stuff! I always wondered what was up with Neb's trap...

I found a minor typo:

Juggernaut Golem Dies Immediately When Summoned By Clone

The juggernaut golem dies instantly if summoned via a simulacrum, unlike very other golem.

Thanks for all your work!

Cheers, got it.

The documentation has been updated to reflect Beta 3. I'd also like to invite any requests for clarification to the docs as well--based on feedback over at SP I've expanded the Give Triple Multi-Classes Unique HLA Tables. If there's anyting vague or unclear, just ask. :)

Cheers, got it.

The documentation has been updated to reflect Beta 3. I'd also like to invite any requests for clarification to the docs as well--based on feedback over at SP I've expanded the Give Triple Multi-Classes Unique HLA Tables. If there's anyting vague or unclear, just ask. :)

Cam,

My hat is off to you for getting all of that documented. That was a huge undertaking. Nice :D

Thanks,

Archived