Uninstall option

I agree with Jester, but for quickness of testing have set up this "uninstall all" behavior on BG1NPC by flagging the core install component, and requiring every other component to check for the flag. That way, when you uninstall the core component, the whole thing rolls back; if you leave the core component in place, you can change anything you want. (Thanks to the bigg and CamDawg for helping steer me down the intricacies of SUBCOMPONENT, FORCED_SUPCOMPONENT, GROUP, etc. :p ).

The only reason not to use Jester's way is if you have a bunch of mods installed and you just want to roll back one layer. Or just make backups at every stage, which is smart but I heve never done...

Y'all might consider an uninstall everything option for your mods. I've had to tweak my installations alot recently and I'm pretty tired of having to uninstall every single component. Sometimes I just want to roll-back the whole damn thing.
The instructions for doing that are here.

good point -- unless you don't mind a "false" starting component that only copies a flag file, sort of a "Yup, I'm Here, The Light is On" addition as a top component (see the Romance section of BG1NPC v12 Beta) adding the R_F is definitely not a good way to go. If you did want the remove all behavior, though, it is an easy way of retaining grouping and its "automatically A_E_C" behavior. I'm not necessarily advocating the change, just laying out the idea :blush:.

Archived