too many Bhaalspawn powers?

Wanderer

Thanks, Wanderer.. I posted over there. If you could also send me a copy of your decompiled baldur.bcs, I would appreciate it!

Sorry, that game is deleted, history. I can send the one I have currently, if that would help; haven't gotten yet to the point where this behavior would show (I've gone slowly with all the updates recently!)

Out of curiosity, which version are you playing?

I ask because I seem to remember having that problem once in a v 11 installation. As I recall, I was still really really bad at installing mods, and thought it was my mistake. It was not duplicated when I reinstalled. In a way, this is a guilty confession for not reporting it. I thought it was my own mistake, so I thought I'd try again.

I am not implying that you are not perfectly adept at installing mods! I am observing that I might not have messed it up as badly as I thought I did, since a sound installation produces the same result.

Anyway, I've been through several v 12 alphas and betas, so any saved games I have are long gone. But I will open a recent save to see if I somehow managed to miss the duplication of abilities--always possible.

Edit: has not happened in v 12 chev7. Just the usual complement of bhaalspawn powers for this point in the game: 2 cure lights, 1 slow poison after 3 dreams.

Are you supposed to get an additional cure light wounds and slow poison, etc., after another dream? Like get one in a dream before Mulahey and another in a dream after? If so, then I have no problem here, but I am as bad at installing mods as the next guy (as indicated by the fact that I'm to scared to try to install and playtest v12).

I finally beat the game, however. After 6 quickloads, I finally beat Sarevok. But I have something to put in, I sent in a few monster summons, and Semaj (not sure if that's his name), hit them and Sarevok with an arrow of detonation.

Sarevok then proceeded to cut Semaj to shreds.

I'd put a failsafe in (if possible, I'm no modder, just a Starcraft Mapper :)), just to make sure that he doesn't cut down his own party members.

Yes, after every dream, you are supposed to get another special ability.

This is from the original vanilla BG, though. I remember back when my boyfriend was trying to teach me to play BG, in an unmodified game, getting all excited every time pc had a dream because it meant more superpowers.

I finally beat the game, however. After 6 quickloads, I finally beat Sarevok. But I have something to put in, I sent in a few monster summons, and Semaj (not sure if that's his name), hit them and Sarevok with an arrow of detonation.

Sarevok then proceeded to cut Semaj to shreds.

I'd put a failsafe in (if possible, I'm no modder, just a Starcraft Mapper :) ), just to make sure that he doesn't cut down his own party members.

I've never seen Sarevok turn on his minions, (BTW Angelo is the guy with the arrows of detonation) but I defintely don't think it's BG1NPC causing it. I know SCS makes a lot of changes to the final battle, do you have that installed as well?

Out of curiosity, which version are you playing?

It looks like the OP in the linked discussion is using v12; however, the game that I was playing was obviously an earlier version...11, I think? Possibly an even earlier one. I didn't have many mods installed then; just the ones I listed above, IIRC.

In any case, I don't have any of the files from that game (I even checked my backup CDs), so know way to be sure in my case!

Well, I just sped through to Chapter 2 in my (MacHardTuTu, i.e. v4) game with more uptodate stuff, and received only one Larloch's Minor Drain ability after resting a couple times. So possibly it's moot? Not sure about the other forum's OP...

Guest Korchuk
Well, I just sped through to Chapter 2 in my (MacHardTuTu, i.e. v4) game with more uptodate stuff, and received only one Larloch's Minor Drain ability after resting a couple times. So possibly it's moot? Not sure about the other forum's OP...

Update:

I just did my run through and posted my results over in my thread over at Pocket Planes, I receive the error even without any remnant of BG1NPC project installed, on a fresh Easytutu install with nothing but fixpacks added in..

Basically, you guys SHOULD be absolved of guilt :)

Though I'm now quite stumped.. :)

I've never seen Sarevok turn on his minions, (BTW Angelo is the guy with the arrows of detonation) but I defintely don't think it's BG1NPC causing it. I know SCS makes a lot of changes to the final battle, do you have that installed as well?

I don't have SCS, but I'm pretty sure it's a Tutu problem (thinking back, I'm not sure why I posted it here...).

And I thought Angelo was the mage (that went down after Garrick's and Immy's Magic Missile barage :))...

I don't have SCS, but I'm pretty sure it's a Tutu problem (thinking back, I'm not sure why I posted it here...).

And I thought Angelo was the mage (that went down after Garrick's and Immy's Magic Missile barage :) )...

Nope, Semaj is the mage and Angelo is the guy with the arrows of detonation. (I played the final battle a couple dozen times in the course of BG1NPC testing over the last month) Well, Angelo is a Fighter-Mage type which is why he can use a bow. Still strange about Sarevok going hostile on Angelo, did it happen every time (you said you used a few reloads) or was it a freak occurence?

Of course, this is all off-topic anyways. :)

On the Sarevok killing his troops, yeah, I've seen it happen. Fairly common. Seeing as he's Chaotic Evil, I'd say it's in character.

He doesn't have 3 INT though. Why would he kill minions that are helping him remove what he sees as his greatest threat? After the battle he could turn on them, sure, but while it's in progress is just stupid.

Archived