NWN 2 has arrived...

Andyr

I don't know. There is this NWN Citadel place.

I added a few extra dialogue options to Sand in ACt 1 to flirt with him a bit, but I have no time to write that stuff, so I'll wait till I am done with IWD2NPC to do more or just keep throwing things in, as inspiration takes me.

Campaign - probably not, but I will try do a very small mod with like 3 areas. I kind of like the Small Mod Initiative they have running at the board there. I think a tiny under 2 hours of gameplay mod is possible to do.

Well, my party is slowly taking shape, and I have to say that I like the game more and more. Qara is quiet for the moment and I got rid of Neeshka after a few good advice on how to make Grobnar the main rogue. In the end I am aiming for Bishop, Elanee, Casavir, Grobnar and Sand party. ;)

I am interested in modding NWN2, make items and such and that is about it. Making a new campaign would be too much for me.

Where are the NWN modders at any way?

The project I'm working with (set in Amn, btw) linked in my sig could use someone who enjoys making items. They'll have to be appropriate for our setting, as the persistent world we're building is canon based. But give us a look over and see if you might like to lend an hand, and if so PM me there. :)

Spoiler!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Just thought I'd share this because it made a big difference in the story for me.

If you were absolutely disappointed with the lack of backstory on Lorne and Torio (Torio does explain herself somewhat if you bring her to Crossroads keep), but Lorne is a big zero, unless you happen to go back and talk to Marcus who has decided to stay on at the inn in Port Llast.

While it isn't much, that one conversation with Marcus sheds some light on why Torio and Lorne ended up where they did. It is easy to miss though, since Marcus is hanging out in the inn's kitchen.

I've run into my first bug! In the basement of Adalon's house, I took control of Sand, and asked the rest o the party to "Heal Me". The characters who were healing him actually *attacked* him between healings, while the thugs who were supposed to attack us remained neutral. I was able to play past that, because the Plot Important NPCs didn't care that the thugs were still alive and just stood there with their heads hanged! :)

I've run into my first bug! In the basement of Adalon's house, I took control of Sand, and asked the rest o the party to "Heal Me". The characters who were healing him actually *attacked* him between healings, while the thugs who were supposed to attack us remained neutral. I was able to play past that, because the Plot Important NPCs didn't care that the thugs were still alive and just stood there with their heads hanged! :)

Only 1?:)?:)?

Yeah, that is a known bug.

IIRC, it was related to a Paladin's Lay on Hands Ability. If they are out of Lay on Hands 'charges' when you ask them to heal you, they will attack you instead.

You might try installing Patch v1.05 if you haven't already. That might fix the problem, if it is an AI issue (since they updated the companion AI in that patch).

Despite originally posting this thread on Nov 2, 2006 I only had enough time to get round to finishing the game this Thursday evening. And in the intervening 10 months, it looks like almost everything I could have said about the game already has been said!

:( Guess I'll have to read the whole thread then.

I never actually completed the darn game. I bought and played it when it first got out but never went further than Highcliff. I just had too many... issues... with it. I'm actually waiting for the 1.07 patch to go live before giving it another try.

I dnno, I finihed my first run on 1.03, and now doing the Acts 2 and 3 on 1.06 to code in/test the romance, and so far so good. I guess I was really lucky, because I have gotten exactly 2 bugs during my entire run - one of the groups didn't attack me, but it didn't change anything and the second was more annoying because the game crashed during a cutscene which congratulated me on completing a 50 minutes sequence of no-saves allowed of battles. But it worked just fine after a reload.

You're modding NWN2 ? -sighs in relief- :wub:

Will there be a "NWN2 banter pack" coming soon in G3 :) (holding my breath). Uhm... pretty please? ;)

Honestly, one of the fun part of playing the BG series are the banters between companions (to me atleast). I also loved playing NWN2 and also looking forward for the expansion (Mask of The Betrayer) but, hmm.. I kinda felt that I knew more about Anomen, Aerie, Minsc, Jaheira, etc then I know of the NWN2 Companions ;) . Well except for Khelgar (since his are being done nicely and you can actually see him develop as a character ;) ).

No, I can't do it. NWN2 OC doesn't lend itself easily to modding; it is not set up for the OC mods to be inter-compatible as well. That's not to mention the usual voice-acting perils, made much worse by the fact that every line is voiced. I don't like any of it, and I don't want to deal with OC again after Bishop's Romance is done. I'd rather do my own module - which the what the Toolset is intended for and therefore has more functionality.

Archived