Reputation Modification in BG1 NPC

jastey

Put up complete dialog for all 3 lake poets.

Lake Poet 1 Sam (the template) is relatively quirk free.

Lake Poet 2 Robert is rather full of himself.

Lake Poet 3 Willie is a less elegant skjaldish type.

Also, I added an Ajantis interjection for repeated reputation seller usage, with associated script.

Modified the pricing somewhat to allow for a "bulk discount" if the player is dropping their reputation 2 or 3 points. For dropping it 2 points, it amounts to a 10% discount, rounded down, which in some cases, puts it closer to 20%. For dropping it 3 points, it amounts to a 20% discount, rounded down, which is sometimes closer to 25%. Rationalle: it should be cheaper for the bard to do the work only once.

How do I log in to the G3 wiki anyway? When I go to "Create an account or log in" and use my same ID as here, it says "There is no user by the name Miloch." And there's no option to actually create an account, just to log in. But maybe I'm just missing some obscure link or something.

[P.S.: Please don't tell me I need to PM Cam about this... he doesn't seem to be getting my PMs about other forum issues... or perhaps he's just ignoring them. ;)]

You can view it without logging in, I believe. To make changes, though, you do need to log in.
Yeah I gathered that. I might actually want to contribute something someday though. ;)

Is the lack of line-wrapping in the wiki intentional? Makes it kind of hard to read, but I guess one can always copy-and-paste into text-editor-of-choice.

That's what I do: copy and paste.

Maybe you could post here in the meantime? I'd love to see what you've written. Let's face it: cmorgan has written a bunch, and I've written a lot of NPC commentary, but it could use material from someone else so it doesn't sound like one person rambling at great length.

How about bringing that orcish charm to some of the coarser NPCs (or the evil priest!)?

If you write the dialog, I'll code it.

Edit: *within reason* ;)

no problem... unfortunately, I am not going to be able to help again until next week, so everyone else, fire away!

Edit: tp2 changes, area script additions, creature scripts roughed out and up on the wikki. The DisplayStringHeads need dialogue, I just threw random stuff up there - the BCS should (relatively) randomly display one of four choices of "yo, I'm over here" messages. Please note that several heavy duty modders who know what they are talking about have indicated that the first respose (all are equally weighted) will show up slightly more often than an equal amount of the time (so "some pigs is more equal than others" ;) ).

Research needed: exact [XXXX.YYYY] placement coordinates, appropriate area/area script references

So far, DSH should continnually trigger every ( Wait(8) I think means "wait 8 seconds" ) 8 seconds until the first talk is instigated by the player, at which time it no longer runs. Area scripts need a second area block to Activate("X#LP1REP") when the timer has expired, so the poet becomes available again.

I feel like I'm talking into a vacuum here. But I'm going to post anyway, because I know that those of you who like having evil characters around but don't want to have to do anything really nasty to keep them are going to use this feature.

As it turns out, we are not going to have to move the Global setting for the NPC reactions. Local testing would have gone better had I not attempted to call it "LOCALS" in one location and "GLOBAL" in another. It is amazing how often something fails to return true when you have identified it by another name. ;)

AFAIK, we're down to the last few things: somebody write better advertising dialog. Please. I'm hopeless when it comes to advertising.

We need coordinates. I'm going to take a hop skip and a jump to a couple choice locations and see if I can scope them out. It beats coding lovetalks.

Edit: turns out it was a lot more appealing than coding lovetalks.

We need some portraits. Well, maybe. Who knows? Anybody have any good pictures of drunken relatives (preferably some with a good sense of humor) lying around?

Edit: hmmm. I've got a great one, but he'd kill me.

As per Jastey's post the other day, and your edit earlier, I've been going through and adding InMyArea("npc").

Don't know if this is all that important, though. I know that the FAI is a party-required area. Not sure about the Belching Dragon or the Elfsong. When I was testing out the coordinates, I just consoled into the inn, and didn't bother using the door.

No, but I filled in the areas in the script assignments in the wiki tp2 when I filled in the coordinates. One is FW4809. I don't remember the other 2.

From the wiki:

/* Tutu area script changes */

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~FW2301.BCS~ ~BG1NPC/Phase3/BAF/X#LP1REP.BAF~ //The Friendly Arm Inn

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~FW4809.BCS~ ~BG1NPC/Phase3/BAF/X#LP2REP.BAF~ //The Belching Dragon

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~FW0705.BCS~ ~BG1NPC/Phase3/BAF/X#LP3REP.BAF~ //The Elfsong

Archived