Branwen

davfra

My character had been running the Branwen romance. Everything went fine but now when he speaks to her, all he gets in response is `....t`is my wish and decision to be alone, and t`will not be changed. They had slept together previously

Does this mean the romance is finished or does something else happen later.

The dialogue up to this point was excellant.

Are you nearing the end of the game? Has Branwen indicated that she needs to devote herself to her god?

It's possible that you're at the end of the line.

`Has Branwen indicated that she needs to devote herself to her god? `

Yes, she did. That`s a pity. The game was worth playing again up to that point.

Do all of the Giberling romances end like this?

Absolutely not!

But when it comes to the BG1 NPC romances, you already know who made the cut for BG2. Xan has been introduced into BG2 by Kulyok, the BG1 NPC romance writer, and offers the possibility to continue the romance. Jastey is working on an Ajantis mod to bring Ajantis to BG2. You already know what happens to Coran, but nobody ever said Coran was constant. As for Dynaheir, she's been killed at the start of BG2. Minsc watched her die. Nobody knows what happens to Shar-Teel.

As for all G3 romances, there's the BG1 NPC ones, Amber, and Aklon and Jelina still in production. I have never played Amber through to the end, so I don't know how it goes, and I doubt Aklon or Jelina will disappoint.

But when it comes to the BG1 NPC romances, you already know who made the cut for BG2.
And if he didn't, you just spoiled it for him. :D:p

Heh. So basically, you're saying all the relationships with females in BG1 will amount to one-night stands (or a long series of one night stands perhaps, if you're lucky)? Groovy. :p

My character had been running the Branwen romance. Everything went fine but now when he speaks to her, all he gets in response is `....t`is my wish and decision to be alone, and t`will not be changed. They had slept together previously

The dialogue up to this point was excellant.

This catches everyone by surprise. Like you, I was let down at first. Let's just say your competition is hard to beat! How do you compete with a god!?! After thinking about for some time; this actually heightened her appeal! Well, for me anyways. :p

The completion of Branwen's romance is certainly highly in character for her, and while annoying for the player, I agree that it gives her depth and a good ring of truth.

This was my first use of Easy Tutu and your npc project. Like many others, I`ve played BG2 to death and decided to re-visit BG1 and the improvements made to it with this mods is tremendous.

I was disapointed with the abrupt ending of the romance and it took a lot of the interest out of the game for me.

For a similar reason, I rarely play the Viconia romance in BG2. For me, Jahiera`s romance is the only way to go - almost a quest in itself to get right.

I hope I didn`t sound critical of your mod. I got a lot of pleasure going through BG1 because of it.

Things will happen, yes. First of all, if you're getting this, you've had LT19 - so LT20 is left. You will have it in Chapter 6 or 7.

Then, you have lovetalks, when you arrive to Candlekeep, when the party is poisoned, when you wake up some time after your heritage is discovered(a beautiful prayer lovetalk by Domi - I loved it :p ), and, of course, a talk in the Undercity.

As the primary romance author, I am happy the romance invoked a strong emotional reaction, but as a fellow sufferer... ah, player - I quite understand it. And I am sorry. I think it was a very hard decision for Branwen, too. If it is of some relief, she does not reject the player - she

continues to love him. She just cannot go on as they were.

Things will happen, yes. First of all, if you're getting this, you've had LT19 - so LT20 is left. You will have it in Chapter 6 or 7.

Then, you have lovetalks, when you arrive to Candlekeep, when the party is poisoned, when you wake up some time after your heritage is discovered(a beautiful prayer lovetalk by Domi - I loved it :p ), and, of course, a talk in the Undercity.

As the primary romance author, I am happy the romance invoked a strong emotional reaction, but as a fellow sufferer... ah, player - I quite understand it. And I am sorry. I think it was a very hard decision for Branwen, too. If it is of some relief, she does not reject the player - she

continues to love him. She just cannot go on as they were.

`If it is of some relief, she does not reject the player - she

continues to love him. She just cannot go on as they were.`

So - no more nookey then!!!!

I`ve had all the LT as per the guide.

'If it is of some relief, she does not reject the player - she continues to love him. She just cannot go on as they were.'

Aw, bless.

Tell me, missy, does Branwen basically use those words and say that to the PC, because if she does, I think it's a great way for the romance to end naturally.

Tell me, missy, does Branwen basically use those words and say that to the PC, because if she does, I think it's a great way for the romance to end naturally.

Well, as far as the real life goes, I am not sure I agree, but in any case, here you go: (SPOILERS, everyone!)

"I spend hours awake stroking your hair and dreading the moment you stir, because it would mean another march, and another battle. I have come to fear death, while months before, every day was a fine day to die. I must flee you, <CHARNAME>. You have damned me with weakness, if unwillingly, and I cannot let it spread and consume me."

- I avoid plain "I love you's"(originally, in Xan Romance he says the words but once, at the very end, but later we changed that), but I think this says it all clear enough.

I am partial, but I suggest another runthrough, with Edwin and Dynaheir and Minsc in the party, romancing Dynaheir -- a very strong story arc (and if you have Xan or Kivan in the party, one with plenty of continuity into BG2). For dudes, Dynaheir has the most complicated and involved romance.

You already know what happens to Coran, but nobody ever said Coran was constant.

Coran in BG2 is one of those things that makes me wish I had a magic wand. A wave - and it is in the game just the way I wanted it.... It could have been interesting, but heh, no magic wand and nobody would play it anyway.

Archived