Several issues

GhostNWN

Then the weapon initiate is displayed which considers weapon style and proficiency as far as i know. Does that not include the Kensai bonus though? Because I think my Kensai wield Carsomyr at weapon initiative 5 and silversword at 10 for some off reason. I thought the max weapon initiative was 10 and with all those mods I simply don't understand how Silversword can still be 10 and Carsomyr 5 (should both be lower and Silversword a 2 difference only from Carsomyr?)

Weapon speed is a delay applied to your personal initiative round - what's shown on the screens is just the base weapon's speed not including any bonus of any kind.

It's very difficult to tell the difference between a zero speed weapon and a nine speed weapon, it's almost a meaningless statistic, but it makes people feel good :)

It's very difficult to tell the difference between a zero speed weapon and a nine speed weapon, it's almost a meaningless statistic, but it makes people feel good :)
It may actually have a rather profound effect at the lowest levels... but isn't actually discernible in any shape or form. You'll never know if it's working right or not; just assume that it is. ;)

Thanks for all the replies then :)

I suppose what remains to actually need fixing are these?

- (German version only) Spell description for Larloch's Minor drain is incorrectly stating that the target will lose 2 levels when hit instead of taking 4 damage which become temporary hitpoints for the caster.

- (German version only) Description of what Chromatic orb does post level 11 is lacking.

- Pickpocketing (while invisible) Carston (Firkraag's mage) for the key and freeing Windspear's child may allow completion of this quest (42500 experience per party member). However, you can then go back to Firkraag, talk to him and he seems oblivious to the fact that the child is free. Thus, you can then get the quest from him to take the ownership notice off Windspear and return it to Firkraag who is supposed to kill the child in the meantime (which does not happen as its free) and get another 40500 experience per party member. This is probably not supposed to happen as only one of these options should be completable.

- The cloak obtained at the Sahuagin underwater city (the one which is supposed to hold off any targeted damage spell) is not working properly. I had some NPCs successfully cast Magic Missile, Horrid Wilting and Fireballs at times while at other times the cloak actually blocked them. Could this be an issue with this cloak not working properly in conjunction with magical resistance and/or damage type resistances?

- Hurgis Balthezan is evil aligned regardless of whether he is an impostor or the real one. According to what is said about him in dialogues, the real one probably should not be evil aligned. I checked his alignment via spell. I suppose there should thus be 2 versions of him spawning depending on situation or this becomes a 50/50 thing where you have to load and try again (and as a paladin, detect evil really should be the first choice here)

Intentional or not:

In dialogue with Lavok02, agreeing to let him see the sky nets 45500 exp per party member. Refusing nets 0.

Its not really any difference there either except that in the former he dies outside and the latter he dies inside - no combat involved or extra effort.

Hmm which of the mods I got installed is breaking Hurgis then?

Big Picture, it seems, is making him chaotic evil:

COPY_EXISTING ~HURGISR.CRE~	  ~override~
 WRITE_BYTE 0x52 ~10~ // THACO (was 11)
 WRITE_BYTE 0x53 ~7~ // NOAtt (was 1)
 // WRITE_BYTE 0x6e ~3~ // Unu0(Large swords prof) (was 2)
 WRITE_BYTE 0x235 ~0~ // HighestLevelSecond (was 1)
 WRITE_BYTE 0x236 ~0~ // HighestLevelTertiary (was 1)
 WRITE_ASCII 0x258 ~PALAD10~ #8 // Race (was GPUSE)
 WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~NONE~ #8 // Default (was WTASIGHT)
 WRITE_BYTE 0x27b ~51~ // Alignment (was 17)

Carston has been added to the anti-pickpocketing patch.

- The cloak obtained at the Sahuagin underwater city (the one which is supposed to hold off any targeted damage spell) is not working properly. I had some NPCs successfully cast Magic Missile, Horrid Wilting and Fireballs at times while at other times the cloak actually blocked them. Could this be an issue with this cloak not working properly in conjunction with magical resistance and/or damage type resistances?

This may be another mod issue. The cloak already protects against these spells in the patched game; all Fixpack does is extend further protections against spells which were missed. The cloak originally protected against spells of type 'Offensive Damage', of which Magic Missile, Fireball, and ADHW are all classed. If another mod removes this protection from the cloak or re-classifies these spells, the cloak will no longer be effective against them. As it is, I've tested these three against the cloak with and without the Fixpack, and it blocks them all.

Minor Spell Turning isn't supposed to block 9th level spells (which Kangaxx's Trap the Soul is considered to be). There's a bug in the wizard version that blocks up to seventh level spells, though.

Not any more:

// minor spell turning reflecting spells of level 5-7; should only be 1-4
COPY_EXISTING ~spwi522.spl~ ~override~
 READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off"
 READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num"
 READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off"
 SET "delta" = 0
 FOR ("index" = 0; "%index%" < "%abil_num%"; "index" = ("%index%" + 1)) BEGIN // loop through abilities
READ_SHORT  ("%abil_off%" + 0x1e + ("%index%" * 0x28)) "abil_fx_num"
READ_SHORT  ("%abil_off%" + 0x20 + ("%index%" * 0x28)) "abil_fx_idx"
SET "abil_fx_idx" = ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%delta%")
WRITE_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x20 + ("%index%" * 0x28)) "abil_fx_idx"
FOR ("index2" = 0; "%index2%" < "%abil_fx_num%"; "index2" = ("%index2%" + 1)) BEGIN
  READ_SHORT ("%fx_off%" +		(0x30 * ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%index2%"))) "opcode"
  READ_LONG  ("%fx_off%" + 0x08 + (0x30 * ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%index2%"))) "max_level"
  PATCH_IF (("%opcode%" = 200) AND ("%max_level%" > 4)) BEGIN // reflect spells of level 5+
	DELETE_BYTES ("%fx_off%" +		(0x30 * ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%index2%"))) 0x30 // delete effect
	SET "abil_fx_num" = ("%abil_fx_num%" - 1)
	SET "index2" = ("%index2%" - 1)
	SET "delta" = ("%delta%" - 1)
  END
END
WRITE_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x1e + ("%index%" * 0x28)) "%abil_fx_num%"
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

And for Carsomyr, would it be possible to make the 3 dispels also targetable on the floor instead of on a character only? I mean it does spread out AoE after initial impact.

Spells cast from items should behave the same as they do when cast from memory or scrolls--so yes, this is added to the existing Carsomyr patch.

Thanks for your fixes CamDawg, much appreciated ;)

If you can let me know what to change to fix the descriptions for the German version, I can do that if you want to include that for the fixpack.

Also, what do you think of the Lavok issue I posted above?

I just did a bit of testing and noticed that Stoneskin (regardless if cast by caster or from item) seems undispellable by spells which should dispel it, such as breach (5th level mage) or spellstrike (9th level mage).

Had Both Imoen and Viconia cast stoneskin and Imoen use the breach type spells.

As a control, it did remove other protection spells, such as armor of faith or remove fear.

I just did a bit of testing and noticed that Stoneskin (regardless if cast by caster or from item) seems undispellable by spells which should dispel it, such as breach (5th level mage) or spellstrike (9th level mage).

Had Both Imoen and Viconia cast stoneskin and Imoen use the breach type spells.

As a control, it did remove other protection spells, such as armor of faith or remove fear.

Fixpack doesn't alter Stoneskin, Breach, or Spellstrike. (How does Viconia know Stoneskin anyway?)

There's nothing to indicate Lavok's bit is a bug.

I got Viconia to cast it using boots of the gargoyle.

I haven't tried whether without any mods breach and spellstrike would remove stoneskin or not, but with my current installation, that is what is happening.

Figure in a basic install it would too? (currently in ToB)

Keep in mind that Breach doesn't bypass magic resistance.

I just checked SPWI513 on my post-fixpack install, and it doesn't remove Stoneskin and Fire/Cold Shield portrait icons (I suppose it should?); only Protection from Magic icon is removed (I'm not sure it should be).

Keep in mind that Breach doesn't bypass magic resistance.

... which, if true, is a bug as the description explicitly states it's unaffected by MR.

edit: And it's not. Even on a target with 100% MR all of Breach's effects work, despite them not being set to bypass MR. Perhaps there's something hardcoded about Breach, or I'm missing something in the projectile or unknowns here.

I just checked SPWI513 on my post-fixpack install, and it doesn't remove Stoneskin and Fire/Cold Shield portrait icons (I suppose it should?); only Protection from Magic icon is removed (I'm not sure it should be).

Not everything that confers these icons (i.e. Ironskins) are dispelled by a Breach.

Did some testing: the stoneskins granted by Gargoyle Boots are unaffected by Breach, be it a patched and/or Fixpacked game. Breach dispels spells of the secondary type 'combat protections' and, since the Gargoyle Boots apply the stoneskin effects directly, they're not affected. The fun question is: should Breach dispel stoneskin from the Gargoyle Boots? Fun question number two is whether it should dispel Ironskins.

Archived