Several issues

GhostNWN

Even on a target with 100% MR all of Breach's effects work, despite them not being set to bypass MR. Perhaps there's something hardcoded about Breach, or I'm missing something in the projectile or unknowns here.

Tried playing with it by changing unknown fields in effects and projectile, but it still bypasses MR. So yep, looks like this is hardcoded.

Considering Ironskins is a Druid spell I would not expect it to be dispelled by a mage spell. Though I don't know how/if that logic is applied to all protective Druid spells currently.

With regard to Gargoyle Boots the description states the Spirit of a Gargoyle is trapped within them so I would think this is what is conferring the "Stoneskin" and not something similar to what a mage does when creating a wand/scroll that allows casting of a spell.

That my 2c anyway! ;)

Sorry, but this is definitely not an issue with normal patched game or fixpack. Something else in your install (not even BP this time, I'm using it with no such problem).

Does it remove Fire/Cold Shield protections? Globe of Blades? (which by the way is priest spell, and I recall it was removed by breach, so I think Ironskins should be affected too).

Ok, now I'm *really* confused.

Yesterday in the Smuggler's Cave in Amekthran, Imoen couldn't breach her own stoneskin (but she was also only about level 28mage compared to 35 now) but today in Watcher's Keep, it seems to work just fine... [almost makes me wonder if its area dependant or ToB areas only dependant]

Doesn't affect the gargoyle stoneskin though.

Spellstrike still doesn't remove stoneskin, but I dunno if it should or not, considering that the description mentions removing ironskins (plural) and a variety of cleric and mage spells.

edit: And it's not. Even on a target with 100% MR all of Breach's effects work, despite them not being set to bypass MR. Perhaps there's something hardcoded about Breach, or I'm missing something in the projectile or unknowns here.
Magic attacks disregard magic resistance. Brutal!

Did some testing: the stoneskins granted by Gargoyle Boots are unaffected by Breach, be it a patched and/or Fixpacked game. Breach dispels spells of the secondary type 'combat protections' and, since the Gargoyle Boots apply the stoneskin effects directly, they're not affected. The fun question is: should Breach dispel stoneskin from the Gargoyle Boots? Fun question number two is whether it should dispel Ironskins.
No on number one (I don't think I do, at least); yes on number two (there are a number of spells that have inappropriate types; did I make a list for this around here somewhere?).

Hardcoded by secondary type - and still not worth casting.

I changed all the items that say they cast spells to actually cast spells a while back, but the gargoyle boots need a new spell so that you can only get two.

No mention of Ironskins in the Spellstrike description in ToB English - shouldn't remove them either, it's supposed to remove spell protections and not combat protections. Looks like a translator decided to canonize a secondary type error ;)

Hmm indeed odd. I haven't actually tried whether it works against ironskin though, might do that later.

Slightly OT: What I find odd about the spell "Spell shield" though is that its supposed to protect you from Spellstrike but Spellstrike's description mentions that it strips spell shield heh. Which one will then actually be in effect?

Magic attacks disregard magic resistance. Brutal!

Keep in mind that not everyone is so well-versed in engine arcana. ;)

did I make a list for this around here somewhere?).

Don't think so. I'm pretty good at including anything that gets posted here, it's the 'go wade through my tp2' stuff that tends to get missed.

Keep in mind that not everyone is so well-versed in engine arcana. :p
Bah! In this case, it's more or less an unproven assumption. I just know that the default magic attacks all ignore magic resistance, but this isn't necessarily a property of the type (it could be a hardcoded list for all I know). Nythrun said as much, so it's not a priority to test how it works. ;)

Don't think so. I'm pretty good at including anything that gets posted here, it's the 'go wade through my tp2' stuff that tends to get missed.
I probably was too tired after wading through all the spells (I still remember that; it sucked), or I thought it was a little questionable as a bug fix (I know what types of effects should correspond to which spell type, e.g., Iron Skins is combat protections, but I can't say with any certainty that a developer didn't intend, for whatever reason, to classify it as spell protections).

First off, I'm not quite sure how the THAC0 system works, but I think there is an issue with wrap around.

The reason I think this is that my Kensai with a THAC0 of -22 up to -24 would miss fairly simple opponents even when not rolling a 1 (critical miss).

As simple opponents I consider goblins of the type you see in Irenicus dungeon, quasits, vampiric mists, orcs, orogs, slavers (the normal types you see in the slaver hold in the slums).

I am guessing that at this THAC0 value, she should only be missing opponents who have an AC lower than -2 on any roll but a 1?

pro5: BG2 Tweaks is the last proper mod I got installed, but I guess its that what is causing it.

Gort: Did that, but only rolls which are actually hits are displayed in the dialogue box :/

So I guess I have to wait for BG2 Tweaks to fix that issue?

Archived