IWD Tweaks v5

CamDawg

Guest grogerson

Welcome aboard, Drew! :)

I'll be interested in seeing your results. Different system, different install, you might find different results.

Cam, I've just about finished Dragon's Eye. Just have to deal with the final room. No traps or locked chests so far. The only problem I've found here is two of the three locked doors on level four must still be picked, they won't force. Of course, opening any of these three doors starts a battle...

Hope you find that better algorithm.

Guest grogerson

Update...

The dialogs regarding Mother Egenia make for some resolution now, at least.

As for the Severed Hand, I've three towers left to check, but I've only encountered one problem with No Traps or Locks. Four of the six traps on level three (AR5003) are still active. No other traps or locks encountered.

Hey. One note you are probably going to want to add to the stackable items component is that it'll screw up yeti pelts and winter wolf pelts already in inventory upon installation (if installed without any of said items in inventory, it works just fine).

The weapon animation improvements altered the standard Morningstar to use Mace proficiency, but it is still using the Flail animation instead of the Mace animation in combat.

I've had no other problems thus far, but would like to report a couple of original game bugs and maybe add a suggestion or 2. My F/M/T has been having quite a fun time backstabbing the undead in the Vale of Shadows for triple damage. I don't think backstabbing should be doing extra damage against the undead. This is, however, original game behaviour, so what to do about it (if anything) is your call. I'd suggest at least making an optional tweak to address the exploit if you don't put it in core fixes.

One thing I'm really wishing for is a tweak to give the extra spawns you get at insane difficulty without the obnoxious double damage and experience values currently granted by the game a la The Bigg's improved difficulty system for BG2. The game is actually easier on insane than it is on normal because you earn double experience, even for quests.

EDIT: Made the formatting easier to follow.

Guest grogerson

Glad you're along, Drew. I've been so busy with functionality I've not been looking at the smaller stuff (too close to the trees to see the forest).

Another update on No Traps or Locks:

- Upper Dorn's Deep stair puzzle still has the lightning bolt traps active.

- Wyrm's Tooth and Lower Dorn's Deep had no problems. I could even force the door to the Fallen Temple.

- Return to Easthaven still has the traps active when confronting Belhifet at Jerrod's Stone.

A couple of notes on Lower Dorn's Deep:

- When Seth has his thieves attack, their armor has a red outline on the ground icon.

- Seth's thieves north of Marketh's Palace entrance are difficult to deal with because they, though hidden in shadows, are also frozen in place until you walk up to them and they have a chance to attack. I noticed this in previous games with the old Tweak Pack.

- Dirty Llew now takes three days to make the Beetle Shield instead of ten. Looks like Nym still takes ten days to enchant it, even though he says he needs at least three.

Now it's on to Lonelywood, Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster.

- Dirty Llew now takes three days to make the Beetle Shield instead of ten. Looks like Nym still takes ten days to enchant it, even though he says he needs at least three.

Are you playing with Auril's Bane? I could've sworn I saw somewhere in the AB documentation that he changes these times.

Guest grogerson

Nope. Just IWD TotL with tweaks. Surprised me, too.

I was thinking of doing AB later, see how it works with the new tweaks. But only after checking out the basic game from start to finish.

In my game:

- Dirty Llew says that he needs ten days, but timer is set to three days.

- Nym says that he need one week, but timer is set to three days.

Guest grogerson

Update...

I've finished Heart of Winter, except for dealing with the final chamber, and have found no traps or locked doors. There is a problem, however, and I suspect it's from No Locks or Traps. In AR9603 (the sahuagin temple), I went to attack the Preservation Ward, but it disappeared before I could hit it. Since I couldn't destroy it, no Snilloc's Snowball Storm from it, and no experience.

This, like the door in Kresselack's Tomb, should probably be excluded from this component.

Guest grogerson

One more update before the weekend...

I finished the Heart of Winter portion of the game with no further problems.

Now I'm working on Trials of the Luremaster and I may have hit a problems with No Locks or Traps similar to Kresselack's tomb. The floor doors in the towers may have the access point moved out of the bounding box. I'll verify this and get back to you monday.

Other than that, Max HP for the enemies certainly has made for some interesting combats... :)

Guest grogerson

I've nearly finished Trials of the Luremaster with the following observations.

The doors in the tower floors can be forced open, but when you try to descend they close again. These, like the door in Kresselack's tomb and Upper Dorn's Deep, are lever activated. No Locks or Traps should probably exempt these doors, though disabling the trap in Upper Dorn's would be nice.

In the Watchknight tombs, the "silver key" door can't be forced, but can be picked to open. The silver key is not required. It appears that the door facing has something to do with being unable to be forced. If so, this would also apply to the two (maybe three) doors I couldn't force in Dragon's Eye, level four.

Also in the Watchknight tombs, the "copper key" door could not be forced from the north side, but can be from the south side (the "inside" side). It can be picked from the north. When I tried to force it from the north, my character insisted on going around to the opposite side... :) The door just south of Maluradek's shade can't be opened for this reason. Again, this appears to be a facing issue, and may require exempting.

Two doors couldn't be detected at all, but this was by game design. The door to the Inner Sanctum/Throne Room is sealed/warded until the Luremaster is defeated. The portculis on dungeon level three opens when you throw the lever and starts a cut-scene.

All that's left for me to check are two dungeon chambers (minotaurs and jackelweres), the activation of the Portal and dealing with the Luremaster. Then I'll know about that warded door.

And I now know what your fixes do to the jackelweres and harpies. Ouch. ;):) :)

Guest grogerson

I've finished all aspects of the TotL game, now I'm doing a basic (v1.3) game.

Add one more door No Locks or Traps doesn't work on. Kresselack's Tomb, level one, Priest's Key door can't be forced or picked. Seems the characters can't get into a proper position to work those functions. Same problem as in the TotL Watchknight Tombs. They seem to want to get to the opposite side of the locked door to open it :) ...

Guest grogerson

One more door... Wyrm's Tooth, AR7002. Force it or enter the area immediately after giving the key to Gareth causes a CTD. Definite for a basic IWD install, though I don't think it happened with my TotL install. Then, however, from Gareth I went back up into the aquarium instead of down...

Also I finally noticed something in the IE Modding News from CoM :) : Redrake's IWD fixpack. Most if it appears to be tweaking, but some items may be possible fixes. It might be something to look into. It's up to you to decide, since this tweak pack is your effort.

Any update on release status, or if you'll include the No Locks or Traps component?

Guest grogerson

Cam, I've just finished a run through a basic IWD install. Looks good, except as noted above. One thing I'd like you to look into, though.

The caretaker of the Arboretum of the Severed Hand (AR5304) does not disappear after getting everything he needs to restore it. This only happens in a basic installation, and has been fixed by HoW. Is it possible to fix basic IWD so that he does depart?

Guest grogerson

Looking around in NI last night I found something that may affect the Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices component - reputation adjustment, not the fixed adjustments.

Looking at the Reputati.2da the only way to change reputation is to kill an innocent. So I thought about donating to a temple to increase reputation. I copied the temple information from BG so that donating would allow an increase in reputation in-game. That done, I then found that, though NI shows donations accepted, there is no donation option in the temples (Kuldahar's anyway).

Would you look into this? This could lead to a possible tweak to open a way to increase reputation somewhere in the game.

Archived