IWD Tweaks v5

CamDawg

Guest grogerson

Thanks for the update, Nythrun.

I just want to make sure I follow--you want restrictions for multi- and dual-class clerics and druids to be less restrictive, i.e. a fighter-druid could use plate armor and fighter-clerics could use edged weapons. Adding it is fairly trivial code-wise unless you want description updates, too.

Weapons restrictions only. Nothing with armor or description updates.

I don't know how the coding works for multi-classed characters. I've only looked at the human dual-classing. What can I say, I like 9th level fighters dualed over. It just pained me to find I couldn't access the 3 or 2 points in (bow or crossbow) and 4 or 5 points in (choose your restricted melee weapon).

I have two ideas for implementation:

1) XX/Clerics work the same as XX/mage or XX/thief (I suspect this is Nythrun's way)

2) Restoring access to weapons already proficient in before dualing only (I suspect Nythrun's would be easier)

These are just ideas, anyway. If needed, I can always use the files I modified and saved using NI from an earlier install.

Actually, duh, descriptions don't need updating at all. The code makes anything available to, say, a thief also available to a cleric-thief. The description will either say 'Usable by Thieves' or 'Unusable by Clerics'. Regardless of which, it says nothing about cleric-thieves--in the first case, a c-t is still a thief, and in the latter it's not unusable by thieves. This is how it's described for all of the other dual/multis, so we're good.

This is coded.

Lines have been sent to the translators--since most of the lines could be stolen from BG2 Tweaks, I'm hoping it will be fairly trivial to make IWD Tweaks available in all languages as BG2 Tweaks.

Anyone want to volunteer to help test this?

Additional idea: Kits (?!)

Maybe it is a stupid idea, but what do you think about adding to game Kits. Which wouldn't be selected via Character creation but gained in-game? Some people can teach you for example how to be a Berserker or Giant Slayer etc. I can provide some PnP kits, which wouldn't be implented to IWD2 (but their titles are still in 2DA's.

At this point, I'm not even remotely familiar enough with IWD to tackle something like that.

Other updates: BG2 Casting graphics are out; can't get them to work. I also found an old, old, old TeamBG tweak that I've recoded and added to Easy Spell Learning. In non-HoW games, the level 8 and 9 spells could only be cast from scrolls and not written to your spellbook; this is now changed with this component.

At this point, I'm not even remotely familiar enough with IWD to tackle something like that.

In BG2, to emulate this, kitting would apply you an effect giving you a point in an unused proficiency. At level up, a script would apply you additional effects, emulating the CLAB files. Of course, you'll have to find another workaround to allow for different weapon proficiencies and/or item usabilities. I'll leave the thinking to you :)

The descriptions for the unique items were very nice, but (for example) a dozen rings using the RoP +1 icon was annoying as all get out. Taking cirerrek's idea to give Mummy's Tea a unique icon to an extreme, all items now have unique icons, scavenged mainly from BG2 with a few from IWD2. A compare is posted (196k to warn those dialup users).

Guest grogerson
The descriptions for the unique items were very nice, but (for example) a dozen rings using the RoP +1 icon was annoying as all get out. Taking cirerrek's idea to give Mummy's Tea a unique icon to an extreme, all items now have unique icons, scavenged mainly from BG2 with a few from IWD2. A compare is posted (196k to warn those dialup users)).

Sweet!! ;) This is some nice eye candy.

Check the fifth row, fifth column, however. It's a dagger on the left, but a spear on the right. Is this correct? What's it supposed to be?

Check the fifth row, fifth column, however. It's a dagger on the left, but a spear on the right. Is this correct? What's it supposed to be?

It's Ixil's Spike, a ToB dagger. I was running really low on dagger BAMs--I think it looks like a dart icon, myself.

edit: Oh, and the Mummy's Tea? Left-hand column, second from the bottom. I used the IWD2 icon for it; Festule's potion ended up being used elsewhere.

Oh, already finished. Wonder why I was so inactive the past week... ;) The growth of the icon component was from my constant irritation that it was very difficult to tell rings/sword/etc. apart from one another.

I also found one bit of IWD unfinished business, if there's anyone who wishes to mod it into existence...

Guest grogerson
I also found one bit of IWD unfinished business, if there's anyone who wishes to mod it into existence...

You have my interest. Any information forthcoming?

Archived